Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I hope it's not just a nice enclosure, there's a lot to learn about building CMVS units.

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
I hope it's not just a nice enclosure, there's a lot to learn about building CMVS units.

It's got everything in there. 5v/12v power supply, controller ports, video encoder, and the unibios and stereo mods. I've consolized a handful of 1 slots and a 2 slot board, but it was never in any kind of an attractive package. This is just taking everything and putting it all in something that looks nice.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's got everything in there. 5v/12v power supply, controller ports, video encoder, and the unibios and stereo mods. I've consolized a handful of 1 slots and a 2 slot board, but it was never in any kind of an attractive package. This is just taking everything and putting it all in something that looks nice.

Got pics of the rear?

pva

Rugal's Thug
aes.jpg

My setup is coming together nicely, even if I say so myself. (Cable management still needs work, though.)

As a newcomer to the scene, I must admit I'm rather impressed by all the modifications and add-ons that the NG community has created, making a nearly 30-year-old console still a blast to play by 2017's standards.

lachlan

VB longneck at 8am in the fuckin mornin'
15 Year Member
View attachment 47456

My setup is coming together nicely, even if I say so myself. (Cable management still needs work, though.)

As a newcomer to the scene, I must admit I'm rather impressed by all the modifications and add-ons that the NG community has created, making a nearly 30-year-old console still a blast to play by 2017's standards.

Nice clean setup there man, I see that custom case for the NeoSD ;) very nice.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug

Any chance you will be selling just the case? I really like what you've done with it but I don't need a full CMVS.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I saw these on Egay, its got SNES controller ports?

lachlan

15 Year Member
Whoa... I could've done with that JAMMA adapter when I was building my MV-1C. Would've saved me a ton of time.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That NeoSD custom case is made by Lions3, shoot him a PM or maybe it’s on his website www.lions3.com

Last edited:

pva

Rugal's Thug
That NeoSD custom case is made by Lions3, shoot him a PM or maybe it’s on his website www.lions3.com

Yeah, it's one of his AES Custom Multi Shells (there's also a MVS model available). I prefer the bare PCB look, so I went with the custom case instead of the standard shell. The build quality is surprisingly good for a 3D-printed/acrylic part.

I hope that I can muster up the energy to come up with a custom label for it at some point.

heihachi

Sakura's Bank Manager
How's the fit of this? The neosd shell is kind of a tight fit in my aes so I've been thinking finding an alternative case of some kind.

pva

Rugal's Thug
How's the fit of this? The neosd shell is kind of a tight fit in my aes so I've been thinking finding an alternative case of some kind.

Now that you mentioned it, the OG NeoSD shell was a tad on the tight side. The custom shell fits a bit looser, but no so loose as to rattle around in the slot or anything. Since the custom shell is 3D-printed (and hand-finished, I think), there might be some minute variations in dimensions when compared to an injection moulded shell. But as I said, the build quality is top-notch, so I don't think they'll be of any significance.

Last edited:

lachlan

15 Year Member
Very sexy setup you have there! sell that daedalus and get a NeoSD though.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Dat Last Blade 2.

Here is mine with a fagger blue led because Im too dumb to know if I left it on or not.

nEXjNIU.jpg

And the two sticks I have for it. Call me weird, but I like having ABC being top row and D being the first on the bottom.

PO2lyFr.jpg