Possible eBay scammer alert: freezerburn26

wyo

Banned for trolling, misinformation
Just a heads up... This scammer filed baseless Paypal chargebacks against me.

EDIT: Personal info removed pending resolution.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

Critical Damage!,
What are the specifics? He got stuff and then claimed he didn't or...?

Is he a big time buyer or seller - link to his profile?

wyo

What are the specifics? He got stuff and then claimed he didn't or...?

Is he a big time buyer or seller - link to his profile?

He got stuff then claimed it was "unauthorized purchases". Dude ordered from me last year without issue. Probably not a member here, just posted as a heads up to other eBay peeps so they can add him to their blocked lists.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Sucks bro, I like the convenience and security of buying on ebay, but as a seller it can be risky. I try not to sell anything on ebay, unless I can afford the potential loss of getting screwed.

How much damage did this guy do? Did paypal already issue an official ruling?

cdamm

Trust the French?
I think I know this guy. He's come to windy for stuff before.

Edit: Yep I do. He's in a bunch of fb groups.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
That sorta sucks man...

Sorry to hear that... unsure what can be done here tbh... unless we're into character assasination of non-members who know people here on NG.com...

xROTx

PS. Also... sounds like people may consider blocking that buyer on ebay in future... just incase...

wyo

The amount was around $150 so it's more in the Pope Sazae range than Lenn Yang.

I reached out to the guy and asked why the chargebacks were filed. To his credit, he responded and said it was a mistake. If it's resolved, I'll pull his info from the original post. If not, Paypal should cover the loss under their Seller Protection feature. Of course, they'll hold the money in the meantime, but I guess that's par for the course.

Tripredacus

赤裸裸的汽車&#
OK so he did the chargeback after receiving the item? Not like, accidently did a purchase and did the chargeback before shipping?

Also, what would be the appropriate routine for a mispurchased item, presuming the buyer were to catch it before shipping was done? Just message the seller and have the seller take care of returning the money, rather than the chargeback which will cause a problem on the seller's account?

wyo

Yeah, he got the stuff a month ago.

If you change your mind prior to shipping, you can just request to cancel via eBay. I also accept returns so there's that process.

Side note: I guess it's scam wyo month...just got an empty package from a Chinaman :( And no, it wasn't Liquid Snake.

cdamm

Trust the French?
you might want to kill the personal info there since he's calling it a mistake and working with you.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
Yeah, he got the stuff a month ago.

If you change your mind prior to shipping, you can just request to cancel via eBay. I also accept returns so there's that process.

Side note: I guess it's scam wyo month...just got an empty package from a Chinaman :( And no, it wasn't Liquid Snake.

Lonesage strikes again!

wyo

you might want to kill the personal info there since he's calling it a mistake and working with you.

Fair point. I'll just leave the eBay username up for now.

wyo

Paypal refunded me so I'm not out any money. Jury's still out on whether this guy is shady or not. The whole chargeback by mistake story is either bullshit or financial incompetance. I certainly won't be dealing with him again.