Portland Area Peeps?

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Having moved even further away from NYC I'm looking some folks to chat with or even meet up with locally, I'm in the NW section not far from the Pearl district and have been here for 1 year.
(Also I need to beg ROT for a name change any clue on how I go about that ?):help:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Beaverton area guy right here. Would be cool to have some sort of a Neo Geo only meetup. I know there's some pretty serious collectors in the area with pretty nice sets. Cool to see another member from the local area!

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Beaverton area guy right here. Would be cool to have some sort of a Neo Geo only meetup. I know there's some pretty serious collectors in the area with pretty nice sets. Cool to see another member from the local area!

Sweet ! Yah i know theres a couple Arcade/Barcade spots in the area even though I haven't stopped in any yet.
I would be down to try a meet up even a small one.

Im not a Hardcore collector anymore meaning I only go for the MVS titles I wanna run in my Machine, which dont get me wrong theres plenty I want.
In fact Neo MVS is the only game stuff i do collect any more.
Im in to art, comics and table top gaming so meeting so similar interest folks would be kool in a new city.

(sorry for double posting)

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I used to live in Portland. Loved it! Proper arcades abound, and it seems as though every bar has at least one cabinet or pin. Just like back in the day. Of course Ground Kontrol is great, but my favourite arcade in Portland is actually Quarterworld. The vibe is more of an arcade, rather than a barcade. People are there to play games, whereas people going to Ground Kontrol are often there to say "wow! an arcade!" - plus, Quarterworld is operated by a bunch of vampires, which is pretty cool.

Keep an eye on Craigslist for Portland and Washington area. Lots of nice gaming stuff popping up. I was offered a free SEGA Megalo 2 once if I could come and pick it up... I don't drive so... that was a bust. Fuck. The one that got away.

Defo make it out to Portland Retro gaming Expo. It's excellent. I was a volunteer with the arcade section and had a blast and met some interesting folks. Wound up learning some really cool stuff from Chris Tang, and sat next to the Tetris World Champion without even knowing!

Get pizza on Monday nights at "Ken's Bakery" in the Alphabet District. You will not regret it.

Can I come and crash on your couch?

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
I used to live in Portland. Loved it! Proper arcades abound, and it seems as though every bar has at least one cabinet or pin. Just like back in the day. Of course Ground Kontrol is great, but my favourite arcade in Portland is actually Quarterworld. The vibe is more of an arcade, rather than a barcade. People are there to play games, whereas people going to Ground Kontrol are often there to say "wow! an arcade!" - plus, Quarterworld is operated by a bunch of vampires, which is pretty cool.

Keep an eye on Craigslist for Portland and Washington area. Lots of nice gaming stuff popping up. I was offered a free SEGA Megalo 2 once if I could come and pick it up... I don't drive so... that was a bust. Fuck. The one that got away.

Defo make it out to Portland Retro gaming Expo. It's excellent. I was a volunteer with the arcade section and had a blast and met some interesting folks. Wound up learning some really cool stuff from Chris Tang, and sat next to the Tetris World Champion without even knowing!

Get pizza on Monday nights at "Ken's Bakery" in the Alphabet District. You will not regret it.

Can I come and crash on your couch?

Hey man Thanks for all the insights ! Sounds like Quaterworld is more my speed gald you mentioned it.
I do drive a small vehicle but ill keep an eye out for stuff in the area . I do need to check out the expo this year.
No couch crash but theres a suite in my building for guests its cheaper than some hotels and its a full apt, you pay the tab:mr_t:

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Definitely recommend Quarterworld as well. The Tesla coil/faraday cage thing is pretty neat if you haven’t seen it before. Plus their selection of games is top notch.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
20 mins south of Portland here. Always looking for a cool meet up, my go to is usually Ground Kontrol. Wouldn't mind getting out to the places mentioned tho.

Last edited:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Definitely recommend Quarterworld as well. The Tesla coil/faraday cage thing is pretty neat if you haven’t seen it before. Plus their selection of games is top notch.

I havent I will have to check it out thanks Stormy ( Great show that SL2021)

20 mins south of Portland here. Always looking for a cool meet up, my go to is usually Ground Kontrol. Wouldn't mind getting out to the places mentioned tho.

Sounds likeQuaterworld is well endorsed , I dont know the hours of operation but i can currently even swing by there early on a week day like 10 - 2pm.

Ill have to check them out this coming week.

(great album, great group)

Last edited:

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Yeah it's a nice place, my wife actually told me about it. Yeah haven't stop playing it since I heard it lol De La knows how to make music

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I live out in Scappoose, pretty much 30 or so minutes into town. If there's a huge meeting of NG people at any given time, it's during PRGE.

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
Are you into pinball at all? Portland is a great city for it. Wedgehead, High Score, C-Bar, Blackbird, Quarterworld, Ground Kontrol... pretty much everywhere.
Plenty of local leagues and all-levels-friendly tournaments.

Next Level out in Hillsboro is worth the drive on the weekends. $15 for all you can play pins/arcade. Their website needs a serious update, but their Facebook is current. http://nextlevelpinballmuseum.com/

There's a lot of recent hype surrounding some place called "Retro Game Bar" in PDX as well, but I haven't checked it out myself. I hear they have a 4-slot, and some consoles hooked up to PVMs so they can't be that bad hopefully.

Guardian Games is the big tabletop space if you like that stuff.

Last edited:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Yeah it's a nice place, my wife actually told me about it. Yeah haven't stop playing it since I heard it lol De La knows how to make music

Agreed as a NYC boy I love the DLS. I still bump Stakes is High reguarly.

I live out in Scappoose, pretty much 30 or so minutes into town. If there's a huge meeting of NG people at any given time, it's during PRGE.

That makes sense, Ill check it out this year and post what hat or back pack Ill be wearing so maybe i can run in to some people .
Thanks for the heads up.

Are you into pinball at all? Portland is a great city for it. Wedgehead, High Score, C-Bar, Blackbird, Quarterworld, Ground Kontrol... pretty much everywhere.
Plenty of local leagues and all-levels-friendly tournaments.

Next Level out in Hillsboro is worth the drive on the weekends. $15 for all you can play pins/arcade. Their website needs a serious update, but their Facebook is current. http://nextlevelpinballmuseum.com/

There's a lot of recent hype surrounding some place called "Retro Game Bar" in PDX as well, but I haven't checked it out myself. I hear they have a 4-slot, and some consoles hooked up to PVMs so they can't be that bad hopefully.

Guardian Games is the big tabletop space if you like that stuff.

I do dig pinball but I'm no connoisseur thats for sure, I saw one spot has clinic on weekends where they teach you pinball repair to keep the info alive.
Im gonna hit Ground kontrol this week one day probably.

I love table top but haven't played in a few years and would love to find a small crew for red box D&D or to finally use my Mouse Guard set. Im defiantly a lil intimidated about just going and playing at a shop cold.

Thanks for all the replys and feedback guys ! Im off to deal with some MVS carts i just got that sadly wont work :buttrock: :crying:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Stakes is High and 3 Feet are always in the car with me

Awesome!!

I Started a Troubleshooting post for my monitor, thinking of reaching out to a PDX arcade repair anyone have any recommendations ?
seems theres a hand full to contact including PAC the Portland Arcade Collectors and Amusement Doctors

Last edited:

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
Those guys are awesome, I haven't had to deal with them personally but I know a few guys who have. I'll take a look at your thread

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Those guys are awesome, I haven't had to deal with them personally but I know a few guys who have. I'll take a look at your thread

Which did you mean the PAC or the Amusement Docs? I have a feeling you meant PAC but not sure

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
My wife and I have our flights and tickets booked for PRGE this year. It'll be our first time in Portland and only the 4th time I've been to the US. IF there is a meet up that weekend, that would be awesome; it would be cool to put some names to faces and play some cabs.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Well both but if I had to pick I'd say PAC is more helpful

I got one reply so far only from PAC and it was gentle man that told me he lived 30 miles away he couldn't help but said he was sure someone else would.
The Amusement Doc never replied at all to a call

My wife and I have our flights and tickets booked for PRGE this year. It'll be our first time in Portland and only the 4th time I've been to the US. IF there is a meet up that weekend, that would be awesome; it would be cool to put some names to faces and play some cabs.

Im down to try at least a small one ill be around .

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member

I think bubbz will agree that we usually meet up at the ArcadeWorks/Windy Gaming booth. I might be helping out a friend running the Xbox LAN area, so I might be around there.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I think bubbz will agree that we usually meet up at the ArcadeWorks/Windy Gaming booth.

Yup. Is official show meatup spot for the forum peeps. I usually help out at their booth/booths as well when they need step away for a bit. We do dinner after the show on Friday & Sunday nights. Saturday night some of us go to the auction & grab dinner, some do their own thing.