pls help - 6 in 1 JAMMA switcher in 6 slot MVS cab

vanghc4

n00b
The games work fine when I connect them individually to the MVS harness inside the cab but the 6 in 1 JAMMA switcher brings up nothing on screen and maybe a little audio interference buzz. I received a suggestion that maybe increasing the power supply power may bring it up.

I wanted to check here since someone may have experience with the 6 in 1 switcher not bringing up the games. It does switch and I have used it before with a Game Elf 1024 in 1, a 1 slot MVS board, and a JAMMA Mega Drive.
side note:
I dont have ready access to the cab at every moment so it may take a day, at most, to get over to it to try anything. And the games are sega system 32 which like i said work fine without the 6 in 1 switcher between the game and the MVS harness.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I would say definitely 1. Making sure you're not connecting a JAMMA board to an MVS wired cabinet without the proper adapter and 2. Check your power supply output. The 6 in 1, i assume, powers all 3 boards at once so you can switch between the three. So you'll need a voltmeter or something to measure the current to make sure that youre getting the proper amount of power for all 3.

vanghc4

n00b
I would say definitely 1. Making sure you're not connecting a JAMMA board to an MVS wired cabinet without the proper adapter and 2. Check your power supply output. The 6 in 1, i assume, powers all 3 boards at once so you can switch between the three. So you'll need a voltmeter or something to measure the current to make sure that youre getting the proper amount of power for all 3.
The Switcher has individual power switch components, on board, for each slot so only an engaged slot receives power. I think it is safe to connect jamma boards to mvses because the only difference is the right audio on mvs is test button on jamma.
I totally appreciate all ideas though so I can consider everything of course

Last edited:

vanghc4

n00b
it needed a slight increase in power but now that it boots I noticed none of the buttons work on the control panel. maybe i should try increasing ge power more

Last edited: