PlayStation 5 + Xbox Series S/X thread.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Xbox Series S are in stock at Walmart.com and have been since yesterday.

Either more stock is heading to stores or early adopters recognize how much better the Series X is. I do think once we get some better storage options the Series S will be a great system for casual gamers or kids.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The Series X version of Cyberpunk isn't even out yet. They just snuck in some upgrades on Series X. So I wonder how much better it can get. It's a new console -- I want to see it make high end gaming PC's at least sweat a little. It's not quite there yet.

I tried it out on PS5 a couple of days ago:

Full video with the intro mission: http://www.twitch.tv/alucard_xii/v/839401737?sr=a

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You're right -- it remains to be seen if there is a demand for Series S. I think for the demographic they are targeting it might be hard to explain to those people the difference between Series S and the original Xbox One. There are just too many different ways to play Xbox; too many different platforms for developers to code to.

Personally, I would be happy if I never heard about Series S ever again.

I tried it out on PS5 a couple of days ago:

Full video with the intro mission: http://www.twitch.tv/alucard_xii/v/839401737?sr=a
Watched Digital Foundry's coverage. You have a good 60fps option on PS5, but I think Series X is the best way to play on console, with the higher graphic detail.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Watched Digital Foundry's coverage. You have a good 60fps option on PS5, but I think Series X is the best way to play on console, with the higher graphic detail.

Yeah, the streets are far less crowded and there are less cars around. Once I started driving, the city became deserted. This issue is not on XB Series (at least not on the same scale)

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
GameStop had Series X bundles for “pre-order” with a ship date of 1/5/2021.

Ended up buying one of those. Extra controller and Assassins Creed Valhalla won’t be bad but it also came with whatever the newest basketball game is. NBA 2k21? I dunno. The last basketball game I played was NBA Jam.

Anyone want a copy of this for cheap when i get it? Or hell anyone want it in general? Just trade me some candy or something.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
NB2K21 might be the most impressive looking next gen game available. The improvement over the previous gen version is massive.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That’s neat, I won’t play it though.

I’d rather play a golf game.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yeah, me too. It was fun to see the video of NBA 2K21 comparing it to the PS4 and Xbox One versions though.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The sports games are surprisingly impressive. I could swear the bump to 360/PS3 and the XB1/PS4 resulted in generally bad sports games across the board both times in the first year, but not the case with these.

NBA 2K21 is indeed probably the best looking game on next gen and the gameplay is also more refined than before. Oh, and there's actually a ton more commentary, which is kind of cool.

I finally upgraded Madden and it's also very good, much better than I would have expected. Really nice graphics though not quite at NBA 2K's level, but the gameplay is noticeably better than last-gen. Players move more realistically and have a wider range of outcomes when you do something- it's hard to describe, but for instance, quarterbacks miss receivers in all kinds of different ways now that look like real football instead of just dialing up a sequence. Or they can make bad throws that receivers adapt to and catch. Makes for a really enjoyable passing game. Playing defense is more responsive and controllable now.

Ordered FIFA on Amazon for $25. I generally prefer PES but it doesn't have an upgraded version and I had a giftcard, curious to see how it is.

Last edited:

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the Series S earlier. Should be delivered in the next week or so.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Lucked in on a PS5 from Target on Tuesday when they got a random stock in. I had planned to wait until the new Ratchet and Clank came out, but since I'm giving Cyberpunk a bit more time to cook (yes, even on PC) I took the plunge. Honestly, I'm super impressed with the PS5 in ways that I haven't been impressed with a console since the HD era began in 2005.

I'm a high-end PC gamer when it comes to modern games, but Sony has genuinely surprised me this round. The awesome BC with PS4 games with many now running at 60fps is a game changer! And the Demon's Souls remake is just fantastic. Color me impressed. Okay, back to Demon's Souls...

fake

15 Year Member
Sony said on its website that it's not going to restock PS4 Pro, but then removed the statement. Japanese stores said that Sony is definitely discontinuing most PS4 models, though (outside of the black 500GB Slim and the black 1TB Pro). So it sounds like people will have a $300 option (Slim) two $400 options (Pro or digital PS5), and a $500 option (PS5). I still think it's pretty bullshit to not drop the price on PS4 models.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the Series S earlier. Should be delivered in the next week or so.

For 1080p the Series S is a great option. I decided against it for the 4k abilities of the X.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am really digging PS5's backward compatibility, PS4 games play so smoothly. I am going through TLoU2, and it looks and runs so well it could pass as a PS5 title.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
So I was looking at One Xs on Amazon and some are the same price as Series Xs on eBay. WTF???

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Honestly it’s from a scammer or opportunist.

Xbox One S and Xbox One X are so close to Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X that the average non-gaming parent won’t know the difference.

Especially when mom asks Tammy which Xbox he wants and he says “I want the X.”

Microsoft chose a dumb naming scheme.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Got my Series X in the mail today.

Supposed to be signature delivery and FedEx just dumped it on my porch lol.

Haven’t done much yet with other than install Ark and Cyberpunk.

Ark’s performance is great. And by that I mean it actually runs like you’d expect a game too, lol.

Looking forward to seeing how Cyberpunk runs.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
So I was looking at One Xs on Amazon and some are the same price as Series Xs on eBay. WTF???

Honestly it’s from a scammer or opportunist.

Xbox One S and Xbox One X are so close to Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X that the average non-gaming parent won’t know the difference.

Especially when mom asks Tammy which Xbox he wants and he says “I want the X.”

Microsoft chose a dumb naming scheme.

And it's also partly because the One X was discontinued. Prices started goin up then. And when the Series X was released it got slightly worse. Similar to how the Switch got retarded because the plague reduced manufacturing supply and increased demand due to people having more time stuck at home. PS4 Pro's also got expensive during this time but not to extent of the Switch or One X as they were still in production.

Gave a homie a Fallout 76 bundle One X and that one was selling for $825 at the end of August. The Gears 5 LE One X was only selling for $725 or so at the time. And I grabbed a Taco Bell Eclipse edition One X for $550 about then as well.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What in the world is the appeal of the One X at this point in time? It was a great mid cycle upgrade for sure but it’s got to be collectards fueling the price?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I would argue that the One X was a great console and would be a great value if it was fairly priced now, but the loading time improvements in the new systems make it very hard to recommend going back.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
What in the world is the appeal of the One X at this point in time? It was a great mid cycle upgrade for sure but it’s got to be collectards fueling the price?
I think the trend there was LE consoles. It's easy to find regular ones used under $300. I've seen people selling loose ones as low as $160.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not gonna front though, the Cyberpunk LE Xbox One X looks pretty dope. I'm glad I got my One X and God of War Pro from a member here for a solid price. I also don't plan on buying these new consoles anytime soon.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I think the trend there was LE consoles. It's easy to find regular ones used under $300. I've seen people selling loose ones as low as $160.

The Fallout 76 XboneX I gave a friend was just a regular One X w/a digital code for a copy of Fallout 76. And it was selling (not just listed) for more than the Gears 5 LE, Taco Bell LE, or Cyberpunk LE editions. That was before the Series X was for sale so I can't say that it's a One X/Series X naming confusion effect.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Microsoft did drop the ball naming these consoles. 360, One, One X, Series S, Series X. Some dumbass buying a One X might be thinking he's getting a Series X.

Sony made it simple PS, Ps2, Ps3, Ps4, Ps5. They just call the slim models slim. When they get to 10 they could call it the PSX although PSX is also a name they use for the original playstation. Or just Ps10.