Pink Mini MVS found! (UPDATE New pics and video!)

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
I kinda do hope it's an original. I'm not trying to piss on the thread but after years & years of being in the "scene" you get very very very jaded.

Very understandable, I have nothing to gain from this discovery but the satisfaction of contributing to the community by offering up some forgotten history :)

Does anyone have contact information of any former employees of 3-Koam if anyone knows about these cabs it would be them, since they were the manufacturers of them.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Very understandable, I have nothing to gain from this discovery but the satisfaction of contributing to the community by offering up some forgotten history :)

Does anyone have contact information of any former employees of 3-Koam if anyone knows about these cabs it would be them, since they were the manufacturers of them.

Very cool info about the serials being so close between the two cabs. I'm convinced they just built several white cabs for sam sho 2 cabs and used a left over one with no sideart as just a single slot cab to fill a order. The button layout on my original panel is also fanned (like ss2 and not the straight style) and I talked to someone else with a sam sho 2 cab and he said his was indeed white underneath the sides and was easy to tell because if it was red every scratch would show up red on those cabs. Not everyone will believe it though and I'm fine with that but I'm right there with you, if you see a cab in person, and everything matches an original it's just to hard to think that anyone could cleanly remove the red laminate, and reapply another color like pink and not make any mark on it, create an exact replica stencil, mask another color paint on, and make it a factory like finish just to throw it back into the wild in an arcade. But like tardis said its not impossible so there is no way to prove it, but if you see it in person it gets much easier to believe :-)

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
That's a cool mini cab. But aren't those hard to play when you have to kneel and all?

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Hard to say if its real or not but from the pictures it could be a possibility. Still cool find! interesting indeed.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
cool find either way. But I have to say, pink/white just looks wrong... no matter if legit or not ;)

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
That's a cool mini cab. But aren't those hard to play when you have to kneel and all?

I think the original Idea was for kids to play them honestly....
I remember seeing one in a McDonalds play area.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I think the original Idea was for kids to play them honestly....
I remember seeing one in a McDonalds play area.

Pretty sure that was the idea. They had them at Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm's arcades. The Golf N Stuff in Downey, CA had one as well and IIRC it was placed near the token redemption games (kid's area).