Picard

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
This season he's playing a Soong ancestor in the 21st century. Most likely he'll be Soong's son again in season 3.

Those Soong genes are really strong I guess. Makes me wonder if any of them realized that their son(s) were basically exact replicas of them as time goes on.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
This season he's playing a Soong ancestor in the 21st century. Most likely he'll be Soong's son again in season 3.

Those Soong genes are really strong I guess. Makes me wonder if any of them realized that their son(s) were basically exact replicas of them as time goes on.

This is honestly getting tiring though. WE GET IT. The Soongs worked on eugenics, Noonian created Data, yes yes we know. But there are other facets of Next Gen that could be looked into.

They shoehorned Soong references into Enterprise as well (say what you will, Enterprise blew ass even with Scott Bakula). Enough man - and this is coming from a huge Picard (character) fan that I want to keep watching the show.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Having only watched the Shatner star trek I can say I'm really enjoying watching the RLM videos on it

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Holy shit, I never noticed that.

I never noticed as well until someone pointed it out like a decade ago.

You never notice it because it’s completely natural for him to sit that way so it doesn’t look out of place.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
and this is coming from a huge Picard (character) fan that I want to keep watching the show.
This sentence seems contradictory.

Anyway, isn't Picard dead now? The character in season 2 is a robot duplicate loaded with a copy of Picard's memories. At no point did they ever even purport to be capable of transferring an actual consciousness between bodies. Just the memories. So you've got a robot programed to act like and think of himself as Picard. Wouldn't this premise sound horrifying to a huge fan of the character?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

Anyway, isn't Picard dead now? The character in season 2 is a robot duplicate loaded with a copy of Picard's memories. At no point did they ever even purport to be capable of transferring an actual consciousness between bodies. Just the memories. So you've got a robot programed to act like and think of himself as Picard. Wouldn't this premise sound horrifying to a huge fan of the character?
Ah but, no my good man - it's a HIGHLY ADVAAAAAAAAAAAANCED robot body that will age! And break down with time!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Dr Soong had already done this before. Remember the episode of TNG with his wife?

She didn’t even know she had died which was sort of silly. I suppose if she had a human consciousness then she was a trans human and not an Android but whatever.

Is Picard a trans human?

Meh.

I want a new Trek show starring Captain Worf as a wise old Klingon, taking everything he has learned from his friend Data and his teacher Picard. Like literally being the voice of reason, but when he has to he’ll whip anyones ass.

Also Romulans as the enemy still?? Can we be over that? Making Peace with everyone is a huge part of Trek and post TNG the federation has only found more enemies.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I like how they went "guys, let's be careful not to contaminate the timeline" and then proceed to contaminate the timeline with their actions. Masterful writing, as expected from the guy who wrote "The Amazing Spider-Man 2".

Whatever, Q will make everything right again by snapping his fingers at the end. Nothing matters, nothing is of any consequence, I want Nu Trek to fucking die.

Last edited:

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Season 2 is bad. I don’t even remember that Picard got turned into a droid. Must have fallen asleep.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
eh. I'll pirate this and see if they can fuckup even more than first season...
i heard time travel is involved. so that at least fixes canon and continuity nonsense.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Except it doesn't. Did you know that picard had a tragic childhood™️?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I just want to be in a room with Lagduf, slapping back some cold hard Mike's Lemonade, and watch The Inner Light. By the end of it with Duf screaming at me, "Picard lived two lives!"

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
one time i had a dream that Data was my protective boyfriend bodyguard except he was also Christopher walken's Gabriel from The Prophecy. I have never felt so safe in my life, and it was just a dream. Powerful stuff

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
This is honestly getting tiring though. WE GET IT. The Soongs worked on eugenics, Noonian created Data, yes yes we know. But there are other facets of Next Gen that could be looked into.

They shoehorned Soong references into Enterprise as well (say what you will, Enterprise blew ass even with Scott Bakula). Enough man - and this is coming from a huge Picard (character) fan that I want to keep watching the show.
Brent Spiner has said that won't play Data anymore (after the character died at the end of season 1). So, the only way to keep having Spiner on the show, is to have him play Data's human brother, and his ancestor. It's hard to do a reboot of Next Gen, without Brent Spiner.

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
He can still play Lore or B4 ;)
Yes, but that would be very similar to playing Data. So, I doubt Spiner would be willing to do that. The Data character isn't supposed to age, that's why he won't do it anymore. The same would apply to Lore and B4.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Why do they need Spiner? So dumb fans will tune in to see familiar faces?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
There's plenty of younger autists to cast for the part right here on neo geo .com

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Sylvie i will make you my number one on the USS Narcissa Wright