Picard

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
you can tell kurtzman is involved in this with all the woke SJW shit going on, just like STD.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
So much lens flare!

So much Earl Grey!!

So much aged TNG veterans!!!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Everything they said was 100% on point. But you'll notice that neither one of them said they actually hated it. In a way, I think the TNG movies are more egregious than Picard has been thus far.

One thing they touched on with Picard often being a background character and not really being all that close to anyone on board the ship.

I never minded Picard, and there were some decent episodes with him at the front, but most of the best episodes weren't with him at the center stage.

...and they were right about his relationship with Data...it wasn't super deep.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I saw the RLM review... I'll pass

there wasn't anything really offensive in their critique. RLM are extremely obsessed with StarTrek, so its not hard for them to find things to quibble about.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I really want to watch it. I love TNG.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
After two episodes I’m totally in. I’ve wanted a continuing of Star Trek after the movies and Voyager for the longest time. Those prequel shows are the worst.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
After two episodes I’m totally in. I’ve wanted a continuing of Star Trek after the movies and Voyager for the longest time. Those prequel shows are the worst.

They really are absolute crap. And the remake movies were garbage.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I actually enjoyed the three new timeline reboot movies. They are better than the majority of the TNG films imo.

They're not just timeline reboots, they're practically genre reboots.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I never minded Picard, and there were some decent episodes with him at the front, but most of the best episodes weren't with him at the center stage.
You've got to be kidding. Inner Light, The Chase, Measure of a Man, Chain of Command, Darmok... Not only some of the best episodes of TNG, but among the best Star Trek ever produced, period.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You've got to be kidding. Inner Light, The Chase, Measure of a Man, Chain of Command, Darmok... Not only some of the best episodes of TNG, but among the best Star Trek ever produced, period.

he gets it.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'd also add that complaining about the depth of Picard's relationship with Data, if that's what they're doing, seems odd. He's about as close to a robot with no emotions as you can reasonably expect someone to be isn't he?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

No, I'm not...and I'll say that Inner Light is my #1 TNG episode...but there were over 175 episodes of the show made and a VAST majority of them were not focused on Picard.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Dude I fucking love Darmok but I honestly didn't know it was so revered.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member

Also, Sarek and Captain's Holiday

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

No for real, I know stuff like Inner Light and Measure of a Man, or The Offspring are loved by fans. But even though I love Darmok, I get that it's a just a little goofy. So I didn't know that it was loved by the fans as well. Its actually one of my top 3 eps.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Oh shit I just realized that Darmok spelled backwards is Komrad.

Comrade. Like... Friend. Damn son.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
:spock: :spock: :spock:

HH, what with you changing your avatar to a very handsome Daredevil and now this...:spock:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
They want to do a series about the federation going xenophobic and they also won't take J.Michael Straczynski's calls.