Philly Area GameGarage Meet Up Winter 2019

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It’s all good-whom ever can make it, is welcome. I’ll be revising the RSVP list soon; I’ve been sick the last couple of weeks.

Winter Brawl is the same weekend. Last meet up was a TMG or some sort of fnxn of some sort. I try and schedule my meets the same weekend as game tourney and game shows, to cast a wide net for folks that might not normally be in town.

It’s been a couple of years since I’ve hosted a Feb meet.

This year, the weather looks mild on Saturday; however, there is rain/snow predicted for the 21st (Friday), and I don’t blame anyone for not being stoked on driving. No hard feelings.

I’ll be away for chunks of the meet possibly, as my daughter’s school carnival and my son’s soccer semi finals fall on this day.

gus$ security systems will be in the bldg, so I have no problem trusting you guys to either behave, or bedealt with when I step out.

Sad news on the Sega swing front; I’m not gonna have a 4p panel in time for the meat up. Good news on the Sega swing front-it will be hosting a hacked wheel, for use when playing Capcom’s
s l i p s t r e a m. This should be a real treat, and keeping with the theme of ‘once in a blue moon’ games.

To my knowledge-I have one of the only slipstreams this side of Brazil.

I apologize in advance for the chunks of the meet up I will miss. Reliable childcare is harder to get than hen’s teeth this season.

I *will not* be hosting a meet this June/TMG weekend, as it falls on my son’s birthday-and we will be out of town.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Jon

PS: Kurt, I probably won't be going to PA until TMG rolls around, which is June 26-28. I'd be more than happy to drive you for that, if you're interested.

I'm down for that. Do I need a ticket or can we just roll up with games and cheese steaks?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Way to shit on the party...Jon.

Coincidence?

The game crashes after talking to an opponent named Jon, who has to be defeated in order to finish the game.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNK_vs._Capcom:_Card_Fighters_Clash

You "roll up" with fucking Jimmy Johns at Penn Station, they might send your ass back to Ohio.

Jon

Sorry but we would, although our Jimmy Johns is known for their pipin hot sandwiches no relation

http://jimmyjohns1940.com/

15E68019-524E-440D-87E4-77C4FAE33122.jpeg

Place has 1960s orange vinyl seats and 60/70s styling. It caught on fire in the 2000s and when they redid it, they made it look exactly the same with nothing more current

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
^its been there since 1940!

They got that loose meat yo, mmmmmmmmmm good!

4c19a5edead226e20ba9e57cb6572533.jpg

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Anybody interested in my Neo Pi X? Even though it's fun, I don't play it and am looking to sell it. It was more of a proof of concept. I brought it to WC's this fall and it was generally well regarded. I can bring it if anyone wants it. Looking to get cash, possibly trades for shmups. MMAO. Sorry, Ralf. I decided against the AW. I'll also have a Genny 1/Everdrive bundle to move.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Saturday, Feb 22nd 2020.
Start: 1pm
End: 11:59pm

1)wataru330
2) gusmoney
3)D_is_forDevo(n)
4)Sal_of_the_WOLVES
5)Dave II
6)SpencerRally Championship
7)masamune date
8) daskrabs
9) herb
10)DeadPixels
11)Phoenix Down
12)indierockslocks
13)friend_of_indie
14)Stefan
*possibly NJTodd

UDATED RSVP LIST.

If you need the street addy, MP me.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Anybody interested in my Neo Pi X? Even though it's fun, I don't play it and am looking to sell it. It was more of a proof of concept. I brought it to WC's this fall and it was generally well regarded. I can bring it if anyone wants it. Looking to get cash, possibly trades for shmups. MMAO. Sorry, Ralf. I decided against the AW. I'll also have a Genny 1/Everdrive bundle to move.

It's cool man, I just have that extra AW I could trade glws

Last edited:

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Just checking in so that everyone knows I'm alive :)

Anyway, I can bring some MVS Neo Pocket games as needed. If we're looking for non-standard MVS games that people don't normally see, I could bring the following:
Last Blade 1
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Ninja Combat
Last Resort
Rage of the Dragons
King of the Monsters 2
Shock Troopers
Nam 1975
Ninja Master's
Real Bout Special

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Just checking in so that everyone knows I'm alive :)

Anyway, I can bring some MVS Neo Pocket games as needed. If we're looking for non-standard MVS games that people don't normally see, I could bring the following:
Last Blade 1
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Ninja Combat
Last Resort
Rage of the Dragons
King of the Monsters 2
Shock Troopers
Nam 1975
Ninja Master's
Real Bout Special

Bring what you’d like; wish I had an 18 slot, lol. Glad you can make it!

Speaking of making it...
Please rsvp in the thread dudes. Saturday will be here soon!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If anyone has the FIRST SamSho 64 cart, please bring it. I have the other 3 fighters for Hyper64.

Thanks!!

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Prepare your soul for all tomorrow's parties!

majors

Overtop Pathfinder
Leave some soul for after-party (?) at Winter Brawl. Hotel has no History Channel, so I'm bored.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Leave some soul for after-party (?) at Winter Brawl. Hotel has no History Channel, so I'm bored.

Have your assistant watch the arcade, and come play at mine! I’m like 20 mins from Winter Brawl.

majors

Overtop Pathfinder
Have your assistant watch the arcade
You're funny...like I get paid enough from the fgc to afford an employee. I have to see how things run and if I trust these old cabs enough to not break if o dip out to see you guys.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Coolio.

New start time:

2pm. I had some technical difficulties this am.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
My plus one just backed out on me last minute. If anyone wants to take that spot feel free! See you guys around 2!

majors

Overtop Pathfinder
Ya, I'll take the spot :) so what if a blue gun is down, there is 16 other cabs that work.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Word, I’m getting in the shower.

herb just got here, and nothing is ready yet-loooool

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
It’s cold in here. We need your body heet.

Yeah it’s unusually cold down here too (but still warmer than up there). Sorry I missed this one. I’m sure a good time was had by all.

At least I saw these pieces of “modern art” at a legit museum today. I kind of have a hard time interpreting this as art especially with William Glackens and some great Mexican/South/Central American painters down the hall, but it was still better than some of the other modern stuff I saw.

https://nsuartmuseum.org/exhibition/happy/

This was made of clay I thought it was fabric until I was up close

8539B58F-0048-4DAD-9419-32D8EDB23C64.jpeg

Stuck Mario and the Tetris moved extremely slow
1D34BFC3-BF75-4E28-8130-0649AEABEDA3.jpeg

Megatron and Orko
C4F2293E-9BC9-4F1E-93E0-F20FBA62B2EB.jpeg

This was made of clay as well
C798C01A-337D-47C8-BE19-65C3AB5C25C7.jpeg

What was crazy about this my Mother having never seen the Shining felt these pictures were from a horror movie or something like that with no context at all.
6882745E-4283-4EAF-BF5E-733818D28E67.jpeg

Last edited: