PGM/IGS motherboard issue

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
This is kind of a long shot but I was wondering if anyone could help me out figuring out what could be causing one of these motherboards to give a video output signal in black and white.

This is the motherboard.

This is the supergun it was tested with.

tried both s-video and component.
Sound worked correctly.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Is it only with a PGM motherboard that you get Black and White only?

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
It's kinda more complicated than that...
I found a person, near my home, willing to sell the motherboard to me for a good deal.
Both the supergun and PGM motherboard are his, I went over to test it, before paying him that issue came up...
Since its not mine I can't really do a loooooot of troubleshooting because I don't own it yet... I mean it could be an "unfixable" problem...

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
A sync cleaner might fix it. PGM is known to have a weird sync signal. I even found a Samsung TV that won't accept the PGM even with the cleaner through my Jrok.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
So I finally got the board and after a little trouble shooting at the seller's house it turned out it was actually the Supergun giving video-signal problems.

I realized it came with a batter socket mod which is kinda cool :)

Port for players 3 and player 4, I'm wondering If I can use a regular IDE cable and try to wire two ports from there directly instead of getting the special PGM/IGS cable...

This is kinda weird, I realized that one part of the motherboard was replaced by resistors...

Anyway, I'm planning to start the consolization very soon, any idea where does the sound can be tapped from?

thanks in advance :D

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have a parts board if you want to replace those resistors with stock resistor networks. I'll see where you can tap sound from.