PGM carts: "alternate" source?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Short question, is there a known source for HK Special type PGM carts ala the AtomisWave carts on AliExpress? I've looked around but I haven't found anything of that sort, only originals.

I just got a PGM needing trace repair (thanks 68k! <3), so yeah I am putting the cart before the horse here... well, maybe it's motivation.

Last edited:

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Have PGM carts shot up in price? I thought the only PGM game worth any money was Bee Storm. I got Martial Masters and Demon Front for cheap and those seem to be the only 3 sought after titles. The Knights of Valour games are good, but not amazing.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Maybe he is looking for Ketsui, and Espgaluda? In which case I would not mess with that, they are killing carts for those titles that were never released on the cart format.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Maybe he is looking for Ketsui, and Espgaluda? In which case I would not mess with that, they are killing carts for those titles that were never released on the cart format.

I got a Ketsui cart the other day. It's great. I prefer carts to board where they are available. I think he has to sacrifice a knights of valour to make one or something. No great loss.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yeah that's what I'm after. Ideally a fully inauthentic cart of this type not needing a sacrificial cart, and if it was multigame even better. Hopefully we see these at a nice HK Special price down the line like the Neo-Geo has with its multigame carts, I've looked into it a bit and this doesn't exist yet but I have faith in the bootleggers that we'll see cool stuff soon enough :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Have PGM carts shot up in price? I thought the only PGM game worth any money was Bee Storm. I got Martial Masters and Demon Front for cheap and those seem to be the only 3 sought after titles. The Knights of Valour games are good, but not amazing.

The Gladiator ( Road of sword ) should be in that short list, it's nothing short of amazing IMO !

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I got a Ketsui cart the other day. It's great. I prefer carts to board where they are available. I think he has to sacrifice a knights of valour to make one or something. No great loss.

NOT THE CASE.

It takes a Martial Masters cart, to make the conversions-and that *is* a great loss.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Short question, is there a known source for HK Special type PGM carts ala the AtomisWave carts on AliExpress? I've looked around but I haven't found anything of that sort, only originals.

I just got a PGM needing trace repair (thanks 68k! <3), so yeah I am putting the cart before the horse here... well, maybe it's motivation.

You can get some og carts at aliexpress prices by going thru hklegend, &/or message sheep_nova on eBay, and make an offer to do the transaction outside of eBay (so he can avoid the fees).

Some carts are just gonna cost what they cost, as there is not the huge pool of boot carts like atomiswave.

theMot

10 Year Member
NOT THE CASE.

It takes a Martial Masters cart, to make the conversions-and that *is* a great loss.

Pfffft that one was shit. As long as he doesn't start sacing Eminem's earlier work it is all good. ;)

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Holy shit, dance rhythm mix PGM version cart w/ slim shady tunes...cough it up, bloke! Where did you source it?!? xacrow???

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
NOT THE CASE.

Damn, I had no idea MM was taking the hit for those conversions. I came close to getting one a few times but I think I'll pass now.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have been spouting this exact thing for like 6 months now. It's such a shame. Especially considering one guy is charging as much for a cart of Espgaluda as the actual PCB cost. This hobby is just about fucked.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
To be honest, the idea of having it in cart form is nice but not at that cost.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I hope somebody will come up with a multicart for the PGM. I only got to play a few games on the system but I really enjoyed them. I played the hell out of Martial Masters when Excalibur in Vegas had it and The Knights of Valor games where pretty good. I only got to play The Gladiator once but I liked it. How is the whole thing for the guys that might own it. I think they said they finally got it working on MAME but my PC's on it's last legs so I doubt I can play it till I update it.

theMot

10 Year Member
Damn, I had no idea MM was taking the hit for those conversions. I came close to getting one a few times but I think I'll pass now.

They are not all made by eating mm's there are about 5 or 6 games that can be used. Most of them still the better titles on PGM to be fair.

theMot

10 Year Member
Especially considering one guy is charging as much for a cart of Espgaluda as the actual PCB cost. This hobby is just about fucked.

This is where i differ to a lot of people. For a market to thrive profit has to be made. You are going to get very very little new product in this hobby if someone isnt making a dime off it. The Esplaguda cart is a bit over priced but the Ketsui and dodonpachi one is ok compared to buying the board. Anyway the whole thing is very overblown i feel, crying over PGM carts being sacced is laughable, he will be lucky to sell a couple of hundred of these carts and there are probably tens of thousands of the source games floating around out there. Since when did people even give a shit about PGM?

Pick up a conversion or two fellas, live a little. :D

Last edited: