PGM 2 owners, sign in!

Khan

New Challenger
one can only dream, oh well at the moment im having problems with both my boards i think they need the battery replacing anyone got any ideas on where and how? O_O

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
one can only dream, oh well at the moment im having problems with both my boards i think they need the battery replacing anyone got any ideas on where and how? O_O

whats the matter with them? not saving scores or something?

Khan

New Challenger
no they just wont boot past the test screen.

It says testing ram ok, testing rom ok testing battery....please power off then on

and repeats the process when i power back on, im thinking its the battery needing replacing I just dont know what battery it is and how to replace it

Khan

New Challenger
my understanding is that there is NO way to change the language. I have new legend in english, but i bought it that way. The language in embedded. hope this helps

You actually have new legend in english? can you tell me where you bought it from? I bought mine originally from excellent.com and I was told no english version exists....

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
PGM2 with OL2 and KoV2:NL

Hi All,

I just got into the arcade scene this year. I really missed out living in an area that had no arcade. I just got a PGM2 kit with OL2 and KoV2. Both are great games. I have a question in regards to the blue carts for PGM2 (KoFUM / DoDonPachi DOJ). Will the blue carts work in the red motherboard? I have conflicting reports on this one and was hoping someone knew a definitive answer.

Thanks

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Hi All,

I just got into the arcade scene this year. I really missed out living in an area that had no arcade. I just got a PGM2 kit with OL2 and KoV2. Both are great games. I have a question in regards to the blue carts for PGM2 (KoFUM / DoDonPachi DOJ). Will the blue carts work in the red motherboard? I have conflicting reports on this one and was hoping someone knew a definitive answer.

Thanks

I'd also like to know this. Also: PGM2 hi or low res? I've got my eye on OL2, is $260 a decent price used, or is there better out there?

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
There should be no difference between the hardware, it is all PGM2. It's just that IGS wants to make all the money they can and they only sell the new games like KOFUM as full kits with matching color motherboard.

PGM2 is low res. OL2 is pricey but $260 is ok as long as you are getting the mobo too. Just remember to check out IGS' web page for how to play. OL2 is a bit complicated with its blocking, movesets, and item management system. Even more complicated if you buy the e-card system for it and save your character's level and items you buy in game.

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
While were talking OL2, does anyone know how to unlock Sanzo (priest character) and the female Spider character? Their character portraits are greyed out and neither are selectable for me.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
There should be no difference between the hardware, it is all PGM2. It's just that IGS wants to make all the money they can and they only sell the new games like KOFUM as full kits with matching color motherboard.

PGM2 is low res. OL2 is pricey but $260 is ok as long as you are getting the mobo too. Just remember to check out IGS' web page for how to play. OL2 is a bit complicated with its blocking, movesets, and item management system. Even more complicated if you buy the e-card system for it and save your character's level and items you buy in game.

Aye it's with motherboard. And I'll be picking up the card reader and some cards, so I'll have to track down IGS's site. Thanks :)

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
While were talking OL2, does anyone know how to unlock Sanzo (priest character) and the female Spider character? Their character portraits are greyed out and neither are selectable for me.

No idea why they are greyed out. All characters were unlocked when I bought my kit.

Khan

New Challenger
yea they are greyed out, I think you gotta beat the game for them to unlock? I havent beaten it yet as I'm waiting on my upscaler

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
yea they are greyed out, I think you gotta beat the game for them to unlock? I havent beaten it yet as I'm waiting on my upscaler

I've since figured this one out I think. I inserted a brand new card into the card reader and I was able to select either of the two greyed out characters. They stayed grey in color even with the new card inserted, but I was able to select them regardless.

ranzo

n00b

It says testing ram ok, testing rom ok testing battery....please power off then on

and repeats the process when i power back on, im thinking its the battery needing replacing I just dont know what battery it is and how to replace it

Please have a look into my Arcade thread, where I also exactly describe how to change the battery with pictures :

http://community.arcadeinfo.de/showthread.php?t=11154&page=12

I am also just writing a complete compendium of the game Knights of Valour 2 9 dragons / New Legends. At the moment, its partialy written in german, but I will translate it completely in english. Here is a very early beta version in PDF. For any suggestions and comments, improvements ect, I will be very happy :

http://rapidshare.com/files/430250907/KoV2_-_Kompendium_Beta.rar

Ränzo

Last edited:

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner

I'm getting this exact same issue now. Annoying. Did you ever manage to get it figured out Khan? Let me know!

Thanks!

danixco

n00b
Sorry it took so long to respond, I am going to japan next month so I have researching like crazy for a great jamma pcb to get from there. I want to get some thing that hard to find the U.S. and not something I can buy on any number of common forums.

Thank you so much for the info, now is time to look for KOF98UMFE :confused:.

darmrt

I am not sure if this has been addressed but the battery is in the the cart not the motherboard. You must remove the cart and take it apart and replace the battery. Also, the battery is just a CR2032 inside of a coin cell battery holder. Extremely easy to fix!

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
I am not sure if this has been addressed but the battery is in the the cart not the motherboard. You must remove the cart and take it apart and replace the battery. Also, the battery is just a CR2032 inside of a coin cell battery holder. Extremely easy to fix!

Is that so? hmm thats what the dreamcast memory card battery is. Can be bought at stores no problem. Thats pretty cool.

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner
Any news on games being developed for this hardware or is it abandoned after only 4 or 5 games?

PsHayes

n00b
Did OL2 come out in English as a pcb or cart for pgm2? Any differences between pcb and cart versions?

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Any news on games being developed for this hardware or is it abandoned after only 4 or 5 games?

The last update on IGS' webpage shows a new headquarters being built for 2011. But that was 2 years ago since it has been updated. All of their game listings were for video slots at the time. I thought I read news of them creating a new Knights of Valour game once they finished a Mahjong project they were working on. Who knows what is being worked on at this point in time?

Did OL2 come out in English as a pcb or cart for pgm2? Any differences between pcb and cart versions?

There was no English version. The game was available in cart form only and the languages are selectable via the test menu for each game. It is up to the developer to add additional languages but it seems like the PGM2 games developed by IGS themselves do not offer English as an option.

xmas

n00b
if you have problems starting your pgm2, just increase the psu +5V output step by step, use the switch on the side to reset, it has nothing to do with the battery