PCE / T-16 1CC thread

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Definitely an overrated cute em up, that demands such a high price not because of rarity or gameplay, but because of the cover art. In the same league as Cotton in my opinion. Overrated garbage.

Magical Chase is a much better game.

I’m glad somebody else agrees with me that magical chase is a WAY better game than Cotton... well, magical chase is way more expensive than cotton lol... but i play it on everdrive. Magical chase is easily one of the best looking and sounding games on the PC engine

Also, the US version of magical chase’s changes i find make the game look worse. Give me colorful tetris blocks on the first level over generic castles any day! And cute sprite>angry eyes sprite
I’d like to see someone combine the english text with the japanese graphics for that game...

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I’m glad somebody else agrees with me that magical chase is a WAY better game than Cotton... well, magical chase is way more expensive than cotton lol... but i play it on everdrive. Magical chase is easily one of the best looking and sounding games on the PC engine

Also, the US version of magical chase’s changes i find make the game look worse. Give me colorful tetris blocks on the first level over generic castles any day! And cute sprite>angry eyes sprite
I’d like to see someone combine the english text with the japanese graphics for that game...

Magical Chase is a legit good game. Great graphics, and music, cool bosses. Shop is a nice added bonus.

I don't think most people understand that star mechanic. I use to own the manual back in the day amd learned how to lock them in place, and freeze the rotation or turn rotate on while locked. Which really helps you quite a bit to get through the game.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Magical Chase seems like one of those games that get hated online just because it's stupid expensive. It's a pretty pleasing shooter.

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
I cleared Image Fight II today.

It was somewhat of a frustrating journey but I came out of it enjoying the game very much.

I was thinking of trying that at some point after seeing a video review for the first time by this new PC Engine Shmup channel. I heard of Tatsujin's legendary difficulty over the years (which I never played either), but he listed Image Fight II as #1 in his Top-5 Hardest PCE Shooters list.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I was thinking of trying that at some point after seeing a video review for the first time by this new PC Engine Shmup channel. I heard of Tatsujin's legendary difficulty over the years (which I never played either), but he listed Image Fight II as #1 in his Top-5 Hardest PCE Shooters list.

I can't say for sure yet that this guy doesn't know what he's talking about (I'm not really interested in confirming it either), but I think he's maybe putting a little too much emphasis on the penalty zone.

The only time I ever encountered it was when I intentionally timed-out the stage 5 boss. I quickly discovered it wasn't worth it.

I've literally only encountered the penalty zone once, and a decent score was hardly a priority of mine with this game.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have yet to play Image Fight II, but I have cleared one loop of Tatsuijn. The only real hard part about it is that the first loop has bullet speeds of second loop. Not as many shot, but the ones that are, move very quickly. Bosses just need to be bombed most of the time and you get a surplus of them on stage 3.
I struggle with Image Fight, so I'm not so sure a play of IF2 would fair very well.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Wanted to ask if any of you have cleared Gate of Thunder. I've been to the last boss once or twice but always got sidetracked for continuing. I love that game to death and would like some motivation to finally put it to bed.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Wanted to ask if any of you have cleared Gate of Thunder. I've been to the last boss once or twice but always got sidetracked for continuing. I love that game to death and would like some motivation to finally put it to bed.

I’ve 1LC normal and hard. I’ve 1cc’d devil. Get on it quit playing around !

geise

Mickey's Coach
I find taking a break and coming back fresh helps. Also, the red weapon is your friend. Green is just not strong enough for the later levels. Blue Laser is good for most of the Bosses. 1LC is easy to do on normal or hard with a bit of practice. It's kinda like Gradius. Once you die it's harder to get back on your feet sometimes. Doing a 1LC can be easier than just a 1CC.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I find taking a break and coming back fresh helps. Also, the red weapon is your friend. Green is just not strong enough for the later levels. Blue Laser is good for most of the Bosses. 1LC is easy to do on normal or hard with a bit of practice. It's kinda like Gradius. Once you die it's harder to get back on your feet sometimes. Doing a 1LC can be easier than just a 1CC.

Cool guys, thanks for the advice!!!!

NightWolve

NEST Puppet

When I bought my Turbo Duo in the 90's which included it as a pack-in game, yeah. Not sure if I beat it on every difficulty level, but I played it multiple times to enjoy what is one of the greatest soundtracks next to Lords of Thunder and the Ys Book I & II disc (which was also included).

I didn't have much trouble with the game, it just took persistence like any other shooter. I'd say Raiden has been a "git gud" problem for me any time I've occasionally tried over the years. I didn't learn there was also a Super Raiden CD port made after the HuCard until I discovered emulation, but I haven't fired it up yet to see how much it differs despite being curious to get around to it.

Last edited:

Naika

Street Hoop Star
When I bought my Turbo Duo in the 90's which included it as a pack-in game, yeah. Not sure if I beat it on every difficulty level, but I played it multiple times to enjoy what is one of the greatest soundtracks next to Lords of Thunder and the Ys Book I & II disc (which was also included).

I didn't have much trouble with the game, it just took persistence like any other shooter. I'd say Raiden has been a "git gud" problem for me any time I've occasionally tried over the years. I didn't learn there was also a Super Raiden CD port made after the HuCard until I discovered emulation, but I haven't fired it up yet to see how much it differs despite being curious to get around to it.

GoT's soundtrack is just killer. I think that's the takeaway I've been getting for finishing it: persistence. A few years ago, when I got to that last boss I was totally excited and then, I was ripped a new asshole within seconds. I MUST return to this game.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member

shut the fuck up

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
GoT's soundtrack is just killer.

There's an interesting reason for that, it wasn't just anybody that could produce such an awesome OST and why it doesn't happen very much!

Duran Duran front-man Simon Le Bon had a friend Nick Wood who together with Simon's wife formed Syn Sound Design/Productions in Japan and this was their effort in composing for the videogame industry!

Game Sack did an episode on it. Gate of Thunder is the first game featured so the video goes right into the history upon start followed by Lords of Thunder.

End result is basically what if part of Duran Duran liked shooters and sat down to compose the music for one, what would it sound like ?? That's your answer! :buttrock:

NightWolve

NEST Puppet
Is nightwolve the guy who killed pcefx forum? Or at least was involved in its demise? I think that’s what i heard at least.

No, that'd be nullity who sabotaged my launch of a PCEFX chatroom... You seem confused, this GamePlay thread isn't about your butthurt for me and we had tangents about PCEFX (which you already know & commented on, so your manipulative troll questioning here isn't clever or sincere).

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
No, that'd be nullity who sabotaged my launch of a PCEFX chatroom... You seem confused, this GamePlay thread isn't about your butthurt for me and we had tangents about PCEFX (which you already know & commented on, so your manipulative troll questioning here isn't clever or sincere).

You threw a tantrum and killed that website because you're fucking unhinged.