PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK... BEFORE you lads think that I'm insane or "flexing" because I can and it's some sort of God complex....

..Let me say... that I am personally NOT impressed with some of the behavour I see on the Terraonion threads...

Ever since Alex and his team decided to make products for dead systems... I said... i would look after them UPTO a certain point...

I said NG.com was what it is... you wanna play... you will be subject to what the mods and myself want the forums to be...

The mods here are OLD school.... and we are all cut from the same cloth...

...And so the incessant complaining... The constant "me me me" culture that has developed on other websites and platforms is NOT in keeping with what I want it to be...

You guys may feel that this is harsh and detrimental to the future... But i feel... it's the way it is going to be HERE...

The logout button is TOP RIGHT... HOWEVER... if you feel you cannot do that.... I have timed myself at 7 seconds for a War Room lock on any account...

Think on it...

xROTx

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
OK... BEFORE you lads think that I'm insane or "flexing" because I can and it's some sort of God complex....

..Let me say... that I am personally NOT impressed with some of the behavour I see on the Terraonion threads...

Ever since Alex and his team decided to make products for dead systems... I said... i would look after them UPTO a certain point...

I said NG.com was what it is... you wanna play... you will be subject to what the mods and myself want the forums to be...

The mods here are OLD school.... and we are all cut from the same cloth...

...And so the incessant complaining... The constant "me me me" culture that has developed on other websites and platforms is NOT in keeping with what I want it to be...

You guys may feel that this is harsh and detrimental to the future... But i feel... it's the way it is going to be HERE...

The logout button is TOP RIGHT... HOWEVER... if you feel you cannot do that.... I have timed myself at 7 seconds for a War Room lock on any account...

Think on it...

xROTx

Who in the world are you addressing?

:lolz:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
297.png

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Yodd Pal..

IF you need to know who I'm talking too... it's the COUNTLESS new members I have activated (who made a beeline straight onto teh Terraonion forums.... I monitor them)... and oldtymer dumbasses... that lurk the Terraonion Forum...

You wanna know how I maintain control? Essentially... i tell people in a post.... that I am watching and won't tolerate anything that irritates me...

That's how you control a forum.... It usually is less work than actually War room locking people...

xROTx

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
Is this rgb shit still going on,omg,think i came here after a month to read something nice,still this old shit.
I think with this behaviour off some here alex could decide to make nothing anymore.
I own also rev1 with packapunch pro cable,but still waiting patiently when terraonion give the sign for the callback,is this so difficult to have some PATIENCE.
Its really like rot say,those childs wants there problem solved now,and its not only on this forum and this subject,also with cfw and hacking stuff.
Verry bad trend.

One100bill

n00b
Don’t know if this applies to my set up because I’ll be using RGB scart with framemeister but I’ll flip the damn thing around later on today. I haven’t even opened it and received it on Monday. Thank you Terraonion for your hard work.

One100bill

n00b
Well I flipped it and it works but I don’t know what I’m supposed be looking for. Oh well thanks again. I can post pictures later on. Just glad it works and I didn’t screw anything up. Ha ha!

Unmodded Supergrafx
Original Supergrafx Power Supply w/step down converter
Sandisk 32GB SD card (cheap)
Sega Genesis 2 JP21 cable, nothing fancy and not sure if it’s shielded, lol..

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
The Terraonion forums are now closed to all guests... and non-registered or logged in users....

Wanna bitch about it?... PM me...

xROTx

PS. Don't fuckin' say I didn't warn you fucks...

Next job... is to start filtering the idiots out of my life... and I DEFO hold a grudge...

toaks

n00b
Just got my SsdS3. Have only messed around with a few games, but so far I must say this thing is AWESOME! I have had zero issues so far. RGB looks amazing on the Framemiester and on my PVM. I don't know what games people are getting SD buzz, but so far, I haven't noticed any. Ill post the hardware I'm using to try to help others pinpoint their issues, but again, so far this thing is working great!! Thanks Alex and the entire Terraonion Team. I hope you continue to make amazing products for us!!

Unmodded Supergrafx
Original Supergrafx Power Supply
Sandisk Ultra 128GB SD card
Retrogamingcables.co.uk Mega Drive 2 CSYNC cable. (Not the PAKAPUNCH cable)

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Just got my tracking! They're well into February orders (think mine was the 10th). Should be to me by Monday!

Also, if anybody needs to change their shipping address, just call up DHL (or go to their website) and they'll change it for you (I know T.O. was/is too busy to switch addresses I think I read a bit ago) - wasn't going to be home for signature delivery so changed it to my work address (safer than leaving DHL a signed note).

Just ordered a Sandisk Ultra 128gb, Class 10 Micro SD card for $37 since I heard they don't like my Samsung EVO+'s.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Just got my SsdS3. Have only messed around with a few games, but so far I must say this thing is AWESOME! I have had zero issues so far. RGB looks amazing on the Framemiester and on my PVM. I don't know what games people are getting SD buzz, but so far, I haven't noticed any. Ill post the hardware I'm using to try to help others pinpoint their issues, but again, so far this thing is working great!! Thanks Alex and the entire Terraonion Team. I hope you continue to make amazing products for us!!

Unmodded Supergrafx
Original Supergrafx Power Supply
Sandisk Ultra 128GB SD card
Retrogamingcables.co.uk Mega Drive 2 CSYNC cable. (Not the PAKAPUNCH cable)

More messages like this one are welcome.
when you are satisfied say it!

Aeana

n00b
Just got my tracking! They're well into February orders (think mine was the 10th). Should be to me by Monday!

Also, if anybody needs to change their shipping address, just call up DHL (or go to their website) and they'll change it for you (I know T.O. was/is too busy to switch addresses I think I read a bit ago) - wasn't going to be home for signature delivery so changed it to my work address (safer than leaving DHL a signed note).

Just ordered a Sandisk Ultra 128gb, Class 10 Micro SD card for $37 since I heard they don't like my Samsung EVO+'s.

I'm glad to hear they're still going ahead with shipping, and it sounds like they're going fast. I wasn't sure what was going on after some of the earlier posts in the thread. Mine's a March order, so still a ways to wait, but I'm so excited.
Hopefully I'll be able to use DHL's "on demand delivery" to do a signature release like I normally do with DHL packages.

CZroe

Zero's Secretary
I used to use one of those SNES floppy drive things. When Everdrives came out, I was blown away. Didn't matter that some games didn't work..
Heck, some of those floppy units had better ROM support than the base Super Everdrive, like a fully-loaded Bung Professor SF7/Game Doctor 7 since it could use expansion chips loaded into the top and had more memory. It also had more functions (save states, slo-mo, ROM dumping, SRAM backup/restore, etc) and there was even an optional CD-ROM attachment.

Amazing machines. So glad we finally have something similar for TG/PCE CD-ROM² titles.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hopefully I'll be able to use DHL's "on demand delivery" to do a signature release like I normally do with DHL packages.
You can't, think they locked out that option. But you CAN leave a signed piece of paper saying something like "I give DHL permission to deliver package #XXXXXXXX" and sign it and they will leave it (don't know if you have to call them to let them know you're doing this beforehand or not - just know I couldn't pre-sign through their on demand website so I called them).

neosd

Neosd Developer
I'm glad to hear they're still going ahead with shipping, and it sounds like they're going fast. I wasn't sure what was going on after some of the earlier posts in the thread. Mine's a March order, so still a ways to wait, but I'm so excited.

I been flipping the capacitors all day long on the current stock boards, all the boards shipped since today will have the C60 cap flipped.
This is the first batch shipped this week, as people have not let me work on shipments until today, with emails and other stuff.
On the following weeks we are going to keep shipping until we are up to date. And i hope much more batches.

Consider this week a wasted shipping week cause the C60 cap party, so there is another more week of delays on the shipment queue cause that, sum the extra time i will have to put on disasamble units, flipping caps and assembly units again.

I have been talking with Voultar today about the RGB noise some guys are reporting on the V2 board and others are not.
I think the V2 board is OK and the source of the RGB noise those few guys are reporting is on theyr setup (the console itself, the power supply, the video cable or who knows what) BUT to be sure i am not wrong, i decided to ship a V2 board to Voultar so he can examine it and give us all a conclusion.

In the meainwhile, and until Voultar give us all a conclusion, we are not going to discus with anyone else about the RGB.

The AUDIO noise isue is a fact and we are going to work on that next week. We think we can deliver a software solution cause we think to know the source of the issue and how to fix it by software. Until we deliver a solution, you guys can keep discussing about that, but we are not going to discuss with anyone else about that again.

I see Rot has put the forum in private mode and this is the reason i am posting here, even i said i would never post again. I think its a bad decision when there is nothing to hide and you try to hide this "nothing".
To me, it looks like the whole fact of putting the forum on private mode smells like there is a reason for that, this looks fishy to my eyes. I hope he puts it back until we have our own forum up.

Our own forum is coming, but i have decided to not write on forums anymore. I need to get my life back cause terrible things happened to myself this week.
I plan to find a way to keep working in what i like and love, while protecting my health and my family. No more forums for me, i don´t have energy or time for such things.

I always wanted everyone to be happy with our products as my main goal, this goes before making money or anything else.

I decided that what i wanted to do with my life was to create devices that i want for myself and no one produces. I been doing my best with the few resources we had, among the last 18 month. Some things i did better, others i did worst but i always tried to improve what it wasn´t perfect.
I have put much more than I should, I totally abandoned my life , wife and kids for this dream. This decision has already afected the ones i love, i never thought about them before putting myself on this situation and this says a lot (BAD) about me.

If there is anything on my hand to please our customers i will sure put my energy and resources on that, but i am not going to destroy my life or damage my famility doing that anymore, this has proven to be a mistake.

This whole thing (me answering everyone at any time) has proven to damage my health and my family so i have to quit forums and discussing with people.

I will keep doing my work, imagining products, finding people that helps becoming those a reality and producing.

I just wish us all the best luck, as at the end of the day we both want the same thing : the better possible products.

Alex,

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
You guys are amazing. Worry about you first

I was playing tonight and when I turned my setup up loud I can hear the buzz people are talking about.

I took a can of compressed air to the EXT BUS of my system, the cable and the SSDS3 - rehooked everything and got ZERO noise. So, People should start there with their setups if the audio noise is bothering them.

These systems are old and probably dirty. I think all the contacts on the EXT BUS need to be as clean as possible.

Last edited:

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
You can't, think they locked out that option. But you CAN leave a signed piece of paper saying something like "I give DHL permission to deliver package #XXXXXXXX" and sign it and they will leave it (don't know if you have to call them to let them know you're doing this beforehand or not - just know I couldn't pre-sign through their on demand website so I called them).

I was able to use On-Demand for this delivery. Gave them instruction where to leave it with sig release. All good. Think you have to register for an account though.

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
Thank you Alex for a well written and informative post. This is just what I and I am sure many others wanted to hear from you. Please do focus on your own well being and continuing to work on quality products going forward.

Best of luck on getting everything sorted and the future.

Loukey

n00b
We appreciate the thorough update Alex, but if things are going on in your personal life, please give that priority. As serious as we may get about RGB or audio fidelity or whatnot, at the end of the day these are just video games and there are definitely more important things. Take care of yourself! :)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
All these people acting like a system made in 1987 is perfect for hifi :lolz: keep complaining while I play games.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I was able to use On-Demand for this delivery. Gave them instruction where to leave it with sig release. All good. Think you have to register for an account though.

Weird. Totally grayed out for me. Don't have an account though. Glad yours is all set.

And Alex, keep doing what you have to do. It's all about the work life balance!

toaks

n00b
Just wanted to say thanks to Alex and his team for giving us these amazing products. You all are doing great things for the retro community and we are lucky to have you. Please take this time to take care of yourself and your family. You and your family should always be the number one priority. I completely understand you stepping away from the forums. You will be missed though. I really enjoyed reading your posts as you could clearly see the passion you have for these projects. Just know, in the end, we all want the same thing. I hope you will keep producing these great devices, and continue to support the older ones until they are perfect. Anyway I wish you well, and thanks again for all you have given us.

SavagePencil

Crazed MVS Addict
You guys are amazing. Worry about you first

I was playing tonight and when I turned my setup up loud I can hear the buzz people are talking about.

I took a can of compressed air to the EXT BUS of my system, the cable and the SSDS3 - rehooked everything and got ZERO noise. So, People should start there with their setups if the audio noise is bothering them.

These systems are old and probably dirty. I think all the contacts on the EXT BUS need to be as clean as possible.

I’ll give this a shot, but given that all CD audio is being generated inside the box and not going back to the main bus, I don’t see how this would improve it.

toaks

n00b
I’ll give this a shot, but given that all CD audio is being generated inside the box and not going back to the main bus, I don’t see how this would improve it.

Why even bother with it at the moment? Alex said they will be working on a software update next week, so nothing you do will likely fix it without the update. I'd just wait until they release the fix, then if you are still having issues, try and figure it out then.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

I would do it. I noticed a massive difference. I didn't program the FPGA so I am not sure how it handles mixing of "CD" audio and hardware generated audio.