PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Judge Dredd

Administrator
Staff member
24 BANS FOR CONTACTING A BUSY JUDGE.

MONADS.
DL1955.
MOBIUSSTRIPTECH.

JUDGEMENT HAS BEEN PASSED.

MEGA-CITY ONE MAYBE IN NEED OF MORE JUDGEMENT TONIGHT.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Just a nice photo I took tonight:

IMG_0367.jpg

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I've not had chance to keep up with the forum properly until today - shocked to see some of the issues a few people have reported! What I would say is that I definitely have no video or audio issues with my TV, perhaps if I have the volume really loud I can just about hear some interferance on sound, but I have to have it super loud (at a level I would never play at). Maybe the video issues aren't affecting me because mine has the resistors and caps on the device, rather than straight pass through?

Regards to the the comment on previous page about cut scenes being skipped and wrong sounds played etc - not had that at all, it could be a glitch related to the model of PCE you are testing with (was it a SuperGrafx?) - I wouldn't panic, just report which system, which games cause which problems and a firmware update can probably solve that. Could also be worth formating the SD again, and try also another SD card. The reason I know this is we worked through a number of small glitches on certain games and each one was fixed super quick by Terra Onion. I would hazard a guess at 20 or so games which were fixed very quickly - I tested over 300 games since it arrived, and with the final release firmware I was not aware of any games that were glitching in any way, but maybe you've come across a game that hasn't been thoroughly tested yet or something like that.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
RetroRGB posted an update today - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOLV9N50sC0

I've posted a reply there. I want to briefly re-itterate what I posted there. For anyone that has a glitch with a particular game, report the system, game and how to re-produce the glitch. I can test at my end too for standard PCE or TG16. There's no reason why firmware updates cannot fix any glitches reported (I have none that I am aware of). Try turning off the in game trigger feature too (I've not used that at all). Anyone unlucky enough to have video issues, just report them and lets give Terra Onion time to respond to things.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've not had chance to keep up with the forum properly until today - shocked to see some of the issues a few people have reported! What I would say is that I definitely have no video or audio issues with my TV, perhaps if I have the volume really loud I can just about hear some interferance on sound, but I have to have it super loud (at a level I would never play at). Maybe the video issues aren't affecting me because mine has the resistors and caps on the device, rather than straight pass through?

Regards to the the comment on previous page about cut scenes being skipped and wrong sounds played etc - not had that at all, it could be a glitch related to the model of PCE you are testing with (was it a SuperGrafx?) - I wouldn't panic, just report which system, which games cause which problems and a firmware update can probably solve that. Could also be worth formating the SD again, and try also another SD card. The reason I know this is we worked through a number of small glitches on certain games and each one was fixed super quick by Terra Onion. I would hazard a guess at 20 or so games which were fixed very quickly - I tested over 300 games since it arrived, and with the final release firmware I was not aware of any games that were glitching in any way, but maybe you've come across a game that hasn't been thoroughly tested yet or something like that.

Yea, I'm one of the guys who ordered a little later and haven't received one yet. I could only speak for myself but I just want the TO team to take whatever time they need to resolve whatever issues they are having. I could care less if I don't see my product for a year, as long as it works as it should. I understand shit like this happens. I'm just happy that early adopters were able to report these issues before more were sent out.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
So can it even be guessed at this point if this is a problem with the firmware, hardware, both? I saw that some refunds and returns are already being issued by neodev which is admirable. I just wonder where the issues lie and if it's with stock consoles, modded, or doesn't matter and both.

neosd

Neosd Developer
So can it even be guessed at this point if this is a problem with the firmware, hardware, both? I saw that some refunds and returns are already being issued by neodev which is admirable. I just wonder where the issues lie and if it's with stock consoles, modded, or doesn't matter and both.

Only 1 guy got a refund.

I offered him a refund cause i don´t want him as a customer anymore. It was not about the issue, it was about him (his actitude)

Its not i don´t want him as a SSDS3 customer, i don´t want him as a customer anymore and fortunally we have the right to not sell to a guy if we don´t want.
This wasn´t about him reporting an issue, we don´t ban people cause that, we ban people that lacks of education, so we offered him a ban (in a form of a refund) and he was kind enough to acept it.
So we all are more happy now. We don´t have to deal with him in the future and he will not have to read neo-geo.com forums again (this is what he said, that he was happy to not come back here)

About the issue :

We got a solution since monday,
We are working on explain it, doing videos to compare the original RGB signal and the current one.
So everyone can understands what happened from a real point, not only listening those guys pretending this is world´s end.

It was not the big issue some guys prentended to be, but there was an issue for sure. So we are going to deliver a solution as we did with anyone having one with neosd.

No one is going to get dissapointed with the solution (atleast we think so).

Solution took some time, preparing the videos to explain it takes time aswel.

So, again, let us work and clamn down.

Before the week ends everything will come back to normal situation and life will go on.

Alex,

Last edited:

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Only 1 guy got a refund.

I offered him a refund cause i don´t want him as a customer anymore. It was not about the issue, it was about him.

Its not i don´t want him as a SSDS3 customer, i don´t want him as a customer anymore and fortunally we have the right to not sell to a guy if we don´t want.
This wasn´t about him reporting an issue, we don´t ban people cause that, we ban people that lacks of education, so we offered him a ban (in a form of a refund) and he was kind enough to acept it.
So we all are more happy now. We don´t have to deal with him in the future and he will not have to read neo-geo.com forums again (this is what he said, that he was happy to not come back here)

About the issue :

We got a solution since monday,
We are working on explain it, doing videos to compare the original RGB signal and the current one.
So everyone can understands what happened from a real point, not only listening those guys pretending this is world´s end.

It was not the big issue some guys prentended to be, but there was an issue for sure. So we are going to deliver a solution as we did with anyone having one with neosd.

No one is going to get dissapointed with the solution (atleast we think so).

Solution took some time, preparing the videos to explain it takes time aswel.

So, again, let us work and clamn down.

Before the week ends everything will come back to normal situation and life will go on.

Alex,

Keep up the good work. I can only imagine some of the emails you guys are dealing with. Just looking forward to getting this wonderful gadget in hand and getting to play.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm gonna shift gears from the video issue and talk about how well this thing works.

I ran completely through the normal path of Dracula X last night, and played a few other games. This thing is tits. I've been playing Dracula X for years and I'm used to the pauses and loading times, and for the most part there just aren't any anymore. The game loads instantly, there is pretty much no pause between stages, and when the music loops in a stage it doesn't pause with as second of silence. This is really cool on games where the redbook audio track is much shorter than the stage. It was a little weird playing the boss rush in Stage 6, normally there is a brief pause between each of the bosses as it loads, then a longer pause when you fight Shaft. Now there is no pause between the first bosses and only a fraction of a second pause when it's loading Shaft. I can dig it.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Holy crap, I'm ready for this. I think I'm more stoked for this than I was for the Neo SD. I was pretty fucking stoked for the Neo SD.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Maybe the video issues aren't affecting me because mine has the resistors and caps on the device, rather than straight pass through?

Wow, so this mess was potentially caused by a few autists that complained about cable specifications WITHOUT EVEN SEEING THE DEVICE. Thanks, faggots.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wow, so this mess was potentially caused by a few autists that complained about cable specifications WITHOUT EVEN SEEING THE DEVICE. Thanks, faggots.

I was thinking the same thing.

All the whining in this thread pushed aside, this is an insanely fun little device. It's awesome to have your entire catalogue of PCE/TG16 games in that little box and I've been playing a whole bunch of games over the past few days, didn't have any issues.

Can't wait to see what you guys are doing next, I'll be a day-1 customer! :)

Reynold1

n00b
I am so excited after all the positive things I am hearing about the unit! Take however long you need to, NeoSD, I know it is all worth it! Keep up the good work, as the Neo SD itself blew my mind, I'm sure this will too!

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot

That seriously made me ROFLMAO!

EDIT: So funny in fact I've had to add it to my signature.

Last edited:

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist

I was reading some stuff to do with this device over at this other forum (shmups?). I can't recall now.
I stopped reading at the point where they're pulling out oscilloscopes and shit and posting graphs, and whatever.

With autism, a game is not just a game.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
This is inspiring me to try to fix my PC Engine so that I can get in on one of these deals.

neosd

Neosd Developer
That seriously made me ROFLMAO!

EDIT: So funny in fact I've had to add it to my signature.

whats sad is people telling at youtube that this is a huge issue, without even having one and then moaning about not had received a review unit on the coments.

I can´t believe the level of some folks, world such a big place for diversity