Paradise Arcade Shop

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Anybody have an issues with them lately? tossed them a order for some buttons and 2 of them were the wrong ones. Contacted them on the 7th via email and an RMA request about getting correct ones and haven't heard anything.

Not the end of the world I can always put another order in for the correct ones and keep the ones I got for spares. Any ideas? I will try to call them when timezones allow me to.

-EP

barrow

n00b
I wasn't going to say anything since I was under the impression they had a great reputation and I'm still new to the scene but I wasn't too thrilled with an eBay experience.

I won a MVS cart from them and they ended up shipping it in one of those Priority boxes that aren't too much larger than the cart itself. The issue was that they stuck the adhesive of the box directly on to the cart. When I opened the box I found the box was stuck to the cart. When I pried the piece of cardboard off there was a lot of adhesive/cardboard left on the cart.

Not a big deal at all. I got a great price on the cart and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again but I just found it baffling that someone would package a cart like that.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I know that PAS is at EVO this weekend, so don't expect to get a call or any contact from them for a while.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Funny you should mention that, all my stuff was in Priority boxes. My box was beat all to hell. Looks like somebody set something fairly heavy on it. I'm damn lucky my sticks were not damaged in the process. Now this could be our lovely postal service at its finest. However I would like to make note that it most likely sent on a plane as it came straight from Hawaii right to Wisconsin and they don't really handle packages too kindly in that manor.

I also wasn't too thrilled that there was very little bubble wrap in the box and my buttons were mashed inside of a smaller postal box. If that bubble wrap got any thinner it would have been non existent.

Last edited:

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
I know that PAS is at EVO this weekend, so don't expect to get a call or any contact from them for a while.

Well that explains it. Hope they get back to me eventually or things might turn sour. I initiated the RMA process so clocks ticking on the 30-day return policy

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
That sucks. I've always had great service from Paradise.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
This is why a lot of us use Focus Attack even if they are slightly more expensive.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
This is why a lot of us use Focus Attack even if they are slightly more expensive.

Sadly isn't Paradise Shop the only major shops that sells good IL stuff not that Happ crap? My order was all IL. Just from a quick glance at Focus Attacks website they don't appear to sell any IL stuff.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Sadly isn't Paradise Shop the only major shops that sells good IL stuff not that Happ crap? My order was all IL. Just from a quick glance at Focus Attacks website they don't appear to sell any IL stuff.

yeah, nothing there for non-japanese parts.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate

What's wrong with HAPP??

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
What's wrong with HAPP??

Happ used to be the original seller of the IL sticks. However since then they changed to Chinese stuff and its gone down hill and the quality just isn't there. To me the IL's have better actuators and overall is a much better stick. Personal preference of course just not a fan of the HAPP stuff as of late.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Happ used to be the original seller of the IL sticks. However since then they changed to Chinese stuff and its gone down hill and the quality just isn't there. To me the IL's have better actuators and overall is a much better stick. Personal preference of course just not a fan of the HAPP stuff as of late.

Ahh, never seen an "IL" stick. But I have their competition buttons and like them. Only manufacture that makes buttons mountable in 3/4" MDF.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Oh crap, i got worried there for a minute when i read the topic, i actually just ordered from them about 30 minutes ago.
It's just a jamma adapter tho and it seems everyone had a good or ok experience with them so that makes me feel better
hope everything gets worked out for you.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Oh crap, i got worried there for a minute when i read the topic, i actually just ordered from them about 30 minutes ago.
It's just a jamma adapter tho and it seems everyone had a good or ok experience with them so that makes me feel better
hope everything gets worked out for you.

I assume this is an isolated incident considering they are most likely dealing with their stuff for EVO. I did have a large order, I am sure youll be fine on a single item order.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I tend to stick to Focus Attack too.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Don't even bother calling them HAPP anymore. It's Suzo. Before Suzo took over HAPP subcontracted IL for all their sticks. These are the sticks that were primarily in all US cabs 87 and up. When Suzo took over they used their own factory in China to reproduce IL style sticks with their own POS microswitches called EZ.

IL's molds are more precise and they have always used Cherry brand switches. Suzo is poor quality and their prices have gone up even with their own factory.

The more you know.

I never had any issues with Paradise Arcade and I have been using them for years to buy IL sticks and buttons for many Midway cabs I repair.

You can pack a box perfectly and still get it flattened by poor handling. I haven't heard many complains about Paradise on many forums. Maybe as someone mentioned it is because of Evo for the order mistakes.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
You can pack a box perfectly and still get it flattened by poor handling. I haven't heard many complains about Paradise on many forums. Maybe as someone mentioned it is because of Evo for the order mistakes.

As stated before I believe this to be an isolated incident. I have no doubts that they are busy with EVO and my box damage was most likely poor US post handling. I have always heard good things about PAS I will continue to order from them myself. Knowing this I have no problems being patient.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
As stated before I believe this to be an isolated incident.

The team (husband and wife I think) Bryan and Susan are extremely easy to work with. In the nicest way possible, they have fubared an order or two on my end in the past but they more than made up for it with friendly customer service and a humble attitude. I think I made an order last year during EVO which got messed up but they more than made up for it when they returned. I'm not really partial to either Paradise or FA as I often end up giving them both my biz.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
The team (husband and wife I think) Bryan and Susan are extremely easy to work with. In the nicest way possible, they have fubared an order or two on my end in the past but they more than made up for it with friendly customer service and a humble attitude. I think I made an order last year during EVO which got messed up but they more than made up for it when they returned. I'm not really partial to either Paradise or FA as I often end up giving them both my biz.

yeah I agree with Teddy here. I've had a couple orders messed up abit with paradise before, but they really are nice ppl and I definitely give them the benefit of the doubt. FA tends to have more of what I need atm, but even with discrepancies in the past, I'd still order from Paradise again if they have something i'm looking for.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Took them over a MONTH to ship me four (4x) .95 cent sanwa gates.

They just kept forgetting about my order.

And they had it on their cell phones the entire time. :shame:

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy

Thanks Teddy. I am confident once things settle down they will get a chance to make it right. I'm not the type to split hairs over a minor button mix-up as these things happen, easy mistake that could have happened to anybody. So ill enjoy the free macadamia nut sample as I wait. :glee:

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
Yeah Bryan is a really nice guy, outside of PA he's also a really busy guy. I had the awesome opportunity to meet him while I was living on Ohau. all my buttons and sticks I put on my cabinets come from him. Being that its just the two of them I believe, they get stuff out pretty quick and that choco macadamia nut is always a plus.