Paprium MegaSD digital release

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
DRM stuff probably isn't his thing. I don't own a Mega Everdrive but none of my other Everdrives needs a serial number just for the firmware.
DRM for our "pirate carts" is an oxymoron anyway. I would buy Paprium even with DRM and play it before I spend crazy money for a cart on ebay.

tangemo

New Challenger
Interesting, I also assumed that the extra chip did some additional copy protection. Considering that the cart was designed NOT to work on Mega SG I doubt Water Melon would be cool with this unless they were going to make some decent money selling this version.

And if TO can do a digital protected version, how long before someone turns that into a plain ol' ROM?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Cracking the serial probably wouldn't be the problem. But good luck cracking the protected firmware. If krikzz can't crack the normal cart, I doubt cracking the Terraonion version will happen anytime soon. The copy protection of the download will actually be the same like on the Paprium carts.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This isn't news. TO is just checking interest to try to urge Watermelon to consider releasing the game this way. Probably a stunt to increase interest in their products. If Watermelon's past behavior is any indication, they won't be interested in anything beyond their own physical releases.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
+1 on the delicate medication sounding name.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
If Watermelon's past behavior is any indication, they won't be interested in anything beyond their own physical releases.
They released Pier Solar some years later for actual hardware and the Dreamcast. I still think Fonzie will probably do the same with Paprium.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Took Watermelon 6 days to respond.

Watermelon said:
Would be great to be contacted ahead, like a phone call like real men do. But I understand it's all about talk and little about doing, as usual (Our boss got god-damn pissed about remembering twitter password for this BS, anyone approaching will get little-manned).

Let's hope for a pirated rom again. At least Fonzie got pissed. :lolz:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Oof… Embarrassing

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Not sure why they got so pissed. Has anyone been to their website recently? It's closed down, due to a PayPal dispute. As such, no real way to contact Watermelon..certainly not by phone, if that info is even publicly available.

Jon

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I'd love to see something released so everyone that wants to play this can either digitally or physically, it is a pretty fun game. Just looked up ebay prices for this one, prices are crazy high.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I contacted them months ago and they sent me my copy of paprium. All i ever wanted. Never looked back since.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I contacted them months ago and they sent me my copy of paprium. All i ever wanted. Never looked back since.
yeah I can't believe it actually shipped. I haven't even opened mine yet...I need to get around to it

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
They still haven't sent me my copy I preordered 8 or 9 years ago or responded to any of my support inquiries. I had given up on it years ago, though, so I'm not too bummed.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
I remember kicking myself for missing the preorder on Paprium. With every passing year I'm happier and happier that I dodged that bullet.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
What bullet did you dodge ? most people got their copy. Fonzie ethic is beyond legendary. I find it amusing. I even preordered his new game
Will he up the ante and take 18 year until release? Who knows!

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I was "lucky" that WM honored my several years old pre-order. I've only played it a little and really SoR2 is better. Graphics are cool though.