Paprium for real 2020, got my conformation email for delivery!?

AirZonk

n00b
I can't believe this game is finally shipping. I preordered it over three years ago and assumed it was never going to be completed.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
https://sendvid.com/9i700baa

Here's some gameplay, honestly it looks very impressive to me especially considering the hardware. I'm guessing they're using a helper chip? I know there's a least an added chip for the music so I'm wondering if they're using the same chip for to help in other ways.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm pretty sure I remember Paprium's price went up twice before this recent hike.

It started at $50 USD and was there for a long while before increasing to $89 and then $99.

And now it's new new pre-order price is $169 [for LIMITED(J) and LIMITED(U)] and $229 for the LIMITED(E) edition. I don't know why there is a different in price.

Yea, I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order of this like 2 years ago. I can't stand these guys even if this Paprium game turns out to be good. I won't give them a dime.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
https://sendvid.com/9i700baa

Here's some gameplay, honestly it looks very impressive to me especially considering the hardware. I'm guessing they're using a helper chip? I know there's a least an added chip for the music so I'm wondering if they're using the same chip for to help in other ways.

I know they mentioned something about the music being a big part of the "tech" for this game and I remember the preview tracks being very impressive....so why did level one have a 5 second loop going through the whole thing making me want to claw my eyes out after a minute?

I have a feeling once everyone starts getting their carts (if we ever do) there is gonna be some fun youtube videos.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Yea, I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order of this like 2 years ago. I can't stand these guys even if this Paprium game turns out to be good. I won't give them a dime.

It's a shame the way this whole process was handled, they burned so many bridges and pissed off so many people that regardless if the game is good or not the damage is insurmountable.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Surprise, surprise I got my copy today. Looking forward to trying it out, I'll post some initial thoughts after playing

image1(4).jpeg

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Somebody mentioned this to me the other day and I was like, "Paprium...? Paprium? It seems like I heard that name a long, long time ago, but I can't remember what it is now..."

I was looking forward to this back when it was originally announced. There's zero possibility I'm paying the current asking price though. It does look cool, but this is a miss, I'm sorry to say. I would love to play it, but there's just no way I'm gonna pay over $100 for a homebrew MD game.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Would love to hear some feedback from anyone on here playing this, I refuse to believe hyper bellend youtube opinions

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Man, a lot of people are are getting worked up over a Beats of Rage game that costs three figures.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Would love to hear some feedback from anyone on here playing this, I refuse to believe hyper bellend youtube opinions

I got to spend a couple hours with the game this evening, I have to say it completely meets the initial hype. The controls are tight, the game looks great, and sounds amazing. The hard work definitely shows off and this is right up there as one of the best homebrews I have ever played. The only thing some people may not love is the difficulty- I'm not a great beat 'em up player at all so I started Arcade mode off on Easy. I ended up finishing the game on one credit (3 lives.) I started Original mode on Hard and made it almost as far with the one credit. From what I understood from the manual Original mode is longer so that is promising. There is two more difficulty levels some hopefully more seasoned players have a good challenge.

I haven't read any reviews and went in playing the game completely bind (other than flipping through the manual) and it did not disappoint

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I got to spend a couple hours with the game this evening, I have to say it completely meets the initial hype. The controls are tight, the game looks great, and sounds amazing. The hard work definitely shows off and this is right up there as one of the best homebrews I have ever played. The only thing some people may not love is the difficulty- I'm not a great beat 'em up player at all so I started Arcade mode off on Easy. I ended up finishing the game on one credit (3 lives.) I started Original mode on Hard and made it almost as far with the one credit. From what I understood from the manual Original mode is longer so that is promising. There is two more difficulty levels some hopefully more seasoned players have a good challenge.

I haven't read any reviews and went in playing the game completely bind (other than flipping through the manual) and it did not disappoint

Ok. This is encouraging. If mine ever gets here I'll be popping it in post haste.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior

Awesome, thanks for typing that up. In a year of disappointments that does sound promising for everyone who backed a copy

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Thanks for the write up snes_collector. It does sound pretty awesome. Would love to try it out someday.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Who could have guessed that Paprium would end up being the best cyberpunk game of 2020? What a weird year it has been.

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I'm really looking forward to playing this. Just put in a Pre-order, curious to see if any updates are made to the game for the 2nd batch.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I ordered in April 2017, and have got the following coming, allegedly:

Shipping from Brest, France:
PAPRIUM LIMITED(U) [PRE-PAID] USD$99 x 1
GRAND STICK III(LE) [PRE-PAID] USD$150 x 1
Papi Commando BITS Boxed [PRE-PAID] USD$40 x 1

Shipping from Las Vegas:
Pier Solar Dreamcast(E) [PRE-PAID] USD$47.6 x 1

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
snes_collector, did your copy have that "rattly" heat sink issue? Is there a way to fix that problem ie. glue it down etc...

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Yeah I had it. Just opened the cart and reglued the metal plate.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I ordered in April 2017, and have got the following coming, allegedly:

Shipping from Brest, France:
PAPRIUM LIMITED(U) [PRE-PAID] USD$99 x 1
GRAND STICK III(LE) [PRE-PAID] USD$150 x 1
Papi Commando BITS Boxed [PRE-PAID] USD$40 x 1

Shipping from Las Vegas:
Pier Solar Dreamcast(E) [PRE-PAID] USD$47.6 x 1

I've been waiting for mine since 17th went around France and Belgium and is now stuck there since the 22nd .

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Looks like the fight stick is sold out. That's sucks. I wanted to order a second one.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Still waiting for my order, my buddy gave me one of his copies to play until mine comes in. My order shows shipping in vegas since dec 14th.
Does anyone receive theirs while the status never updated?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Still waiting for my order, my buddy gave me one of his copies to play until mine comes in. My order shows shipping in vegas since dec 14th.
Does anyone receive theirs while the status never updated?

Mine arrived and it never went past "Vegas"

Watermelon def SHOULDNT have shipped these during the Christmas rush. Not a smooth move

Now I just need to play it. Cyberpunk 2077 has been getting all my attention