Panzer Fight Stick NG

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
So did I, in a more intricate level though, so let it go.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
some of the shit you say to people for no good reason is ridiculous. the guy makes a perfectly fine stick with 8 buttons and after some weird aggressive monologue about how fucking awesome you are, you tell him more or less that he doesn't play Neo over some weird detail. get real

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
7 buttons you dumb bum. See? This is why you should remain quiet about things you know nothing about.

Jassen barely has time to play SF now let alone Neo, he has said I himself before but you wouldn't know that. You are derailing the thread with your own personal BS, stop, let it go.

Last edited:

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm in the market for a new stick, really digging the little details and the overall look of this project. Nice to see Neo Candy colours being used and not woodgrain!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Don't feel bad for the OP, the "shoehorned" comment and the Japanese new thing are enough to spark curiosity and eskepticism.

Edit: I also commend him for his tech work and case work, no doubt those are excellent.

Last edited:

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Don't feel bad for the OP, the "shoehorned" comment and the Japanese new thing are enough to spark curiosity and eskepticism.

Edit: I also commend him for his tech work and case work, no doubt those are excellent.

ElectricGrave,

Please let me know the last time you were in Japan playing on cabinets. I was there in November and before that August playing them at both HEY and various Taito Game Stations. While the classics aren't as numerous as the newer Vewlix or Noir cabs, they can be found on certain floors. If diligent enough, you will find the setup this was inspired by in some of them. I stand by my comment about the setup, its inspiration, and why I did it. If you don't understand any of it, I apologize for not being clearer or making it more obvious. I am an engineer, not a wordsmith.

As for games, no, I don't play as much as I would like. That being said, you should refrain from making broad comments about someones personal life that when taken out of context are inaccurate at best.

Sylive, thanks for the positive comments. I'm not worried about any negative perceptions or comments. Its the internet. It happens. :)

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
And since my comments are met with skepticism and the validity is questioned. Please take a look at this snap, it should clear things up a bit as to the inspiration.

http://jasens.cc/2lSNked

I would have attached it, but I guess I can't do that here any longer either. Oh well.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I would have attached it, but I guess I can't do that here any longer either. Oh well.

Right-click on the image and save the image's address, then click on "insert Image" (the little icon that has a picture of a tree). In the pop-up window, click the "From URL" tab, paste the image's address into the text field.

Alternatively, you could paste the address inbetween the
tags.

Attachments are strange on this forum.

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Right-click on the image and save the image's address, then click on "insert Image" (the little icon that has a picture of a tree). In the pop-up window, click the "From URL" tab, paste the image's address into the text field.

Alternatively, you could paste the address inbetween the
tags.

Attachments are strange on this forum.

Thanks. Many moons ago there was an attachments field. I was looking for that and posted a link vs looking harder for the new way on my way out the door to the ship.

Interestingly, looking at the graphic I posted and the stick I found something to change in later revisions and software updates to the guts. The layout I used on the stick for "3" is the ngcd pad layout where as the cab was a little different, more inline with the SVC Chaos layout. So, kudos to E.G. for his comments, while I am sure they came from a good place (despite being pretty negatively toned) it forced a hard look at something and identified an area for improvement.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Negative toned, lol. I was just being objective, there are good things about it too, I made sure to make praise too.

The thing is when you defend yourself with "shoehorned" and "I wanted more of a challenge so I added 3 buttons!". Come on, that is just plain old BS. People made comments about the button layout, no biggie, you don't need to explain yourself with back handed comments. The way I see it the negativity started there. So yeah, I'm skeptic about it due to your response but I can still appreciate the care behind the process.

Last time I was in Japan...does it have anything to do with the button layout not being neo? Would that answer why not make it a 4 button layout which you can still use your tech in order to change button configurations? There are a handful of games that can really use this tech, Karnov's for example, I always switch B\C, however I don't do it in World Heroes Perfect due to the 3 button press commands. Samsho 1&2 are the games that will benefit the most from a 6 button layout with this tech, but then you still have the button under your pinky unused waiting to confuse you when the fight gets hectic. Also their are other games that can benefit from a turbo button and still have that same button without turbo, like the auto feature in Cave games, you could play metal slug like that, same for Blazing Star.

I've been using RGB's tech which allows to reprogram button configurations on any given DB15 peripheral, same thing for his supergun, I reprogram the neo CD pad for KOF, I also have a custom stick 4 button which I tend to reprogram for Karnov's on a regular basis. Having the ability to have different settings preprogrammed is really cool, that I don't have access to do yet.

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Negative toned, lol. I was just being objective, there are good things about it too, I made sure to make praise too.

The thing is when you defend yourself with "shoehorned" and "I wanted more of a challenge so I added 3 buttons!". Come on, that is just plain old BS. People made comments about the button layout, no biggie, you don't need to explain yourself with back handed comments. The way I see it the negativity started there. So yeah, I'm skeptic about it due to your response but I can still appreciate the care behind the process.

Last time I was in Japan...does it have anything to do with the button layout not being neo? Would that answer why not make it a 4 button layout which you can still use your tech in order to change button configurations? There are a handful of games that can really use this tech, Karnov's for example, I always switch B\C, however I don't do it in World Heroes Perfect due to the 3 button press commands. Samsho 1&2 are the games that will benefit the most from a 6 button layout with this tech, but then you still have the button under your pinky unused waiting to confuse you when the fight gets hectic. Also their are other games that can benefit from a turbo button and still have that same button without turbo, like the auto feature in Cave games, you could play metal slug like that, same for Blazing Star.

I've been using RGB's tech which allows to reprogram button configurations on any given DB15 peripheral, same thing for his supergun, I reprogram the neo CD pad for KOF, I also have a custom stick 4 button which I tend to reprogram for Karnov's on a regular basis. Having the ability to have different settings preprogrammed is really cool, that I don't have access to do yet.

It's cool, you don't understand what I did here or why; let's move forward.

For everyone else, thanks for taking a look. Happy to answer questions and discuss the stick more if you'd like.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I understand you like to retaliate to conscructive criticism by asking me for stuff like what I've done or where I've been...dude, yeah, let's move on.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Jasen, are you still able to make sticks like Bar81's at all?

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Jasen, I think your idea is awesome. I had no idea something like this was available in Japan at an arcade level. Very cool, thanks for sharing that picture.

That said I'll post my feedback, again this is my personal taste:

• Love the artwork
  • I would have no need for anything more than 4 buttons in the standard MVS layout
  • I personally dislike anything with LED light up buttons (again personal preference)

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Cool stick, tho the art is not for me I get it. Anything Neo related is great but having Jasen's love attached to it makes it awesome :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
nice project with a lot of potential. Didn't know Japanese arcades offered this layout switching (which seems really odd to me, especially if there are already enough buttons in the CP)...

As to the stick:
- Where does the power for the LEDs come from? I'm guessing from the Neo through the DB15?
- I guess there's no option to use more than 4 buttons to make a multiconsole stick out of it? Could be a cool feature to add in the future.

I'm in the 6 or 4 buttons camp myself... so, not really geared towards me, but nice to see none the less. And very well executed as always, congrats.