Open offer to all owners of Aero Fighters 3 and Power Spikes II

DavidG

I have made many mistakes since coming back to the community and I’ve apologized for the mistakes I’ve made. I’ll admit that I haven’t made the best use of my time and didn’t diligently collect all the information, needed to show everyone, beforehand. I am not perfect... nobody is. But this does not make me a liar or cheat

Once again, every buyer was made aware of the risk beforehand. They knew what they were getting into and took the responsibility when they made the payment. Everyone knew there were no refunds and to err on the side of caution, I did do my due diligence and held unto the funds sent for a 90 day period (just in case a buyer wanted to return their game right away). A lot of time passed by and everyone reported that they were satisfied with their purchase. TonK/Mike was acting in the best interest of both parties (Me and the Buyers). He clearly provided all of the necessary information and the buyers still proceeded with their purchase. TonK is not responsible for any of this debacle.

Anyway, after the 90 day period elapsed, I moved the funds towards acquiring a large amount of SNK snaplock stock. These were meant to go towards the community and to supply new games from NG Dev and homebrew titles.

I know Aero Fighters 3 does have its issues when compared to games of the same era. No matter what you feel about the game.... it is real and it did come from SNK. The same goes for Power Spikes II, it came straight from SNK. Right or wrong I have no say or control over the quality of pre-release titles.

As of right now, one buyer has made a post saying he is unhappy with his purchase. He feels that he will never see one cent of his money. He knew what he was buying and he did take a very long time to come out, swinging, the way he did. I understand his concern... do I agree with the way things were handled? No. But I will say that I respect his decision.

I will openly state, right now, that any of the owners of Aero Fighters 3 or Power Spikes II will be given a complete refund if they request so on two conditions. Firstly, the game must be in the condition it was sold to you in (being the highest collectors in the world, condition shouldn’t be an issue). Secondly, each buyer must understand that their investment was moved and when those cases arrive I will recoup all of your money and return it to you in full. As of right now that one unsatisfied and very vocal buyer feels he will never see his money again. Well, that is wrong. I am extending this offer to all person(s) involved. Chamane... you only need to give me the time to get the stock and recoup your funds in full. You have nothing to lose. Lastly each of the buyers can get in contact with me and I will make an arrangement. My name and reputation are more valuable than any amount of money because, when it’s all said and done... that is all a man has.

Once the titles have been returned we’re back to square one. Everyone will have been refunded and no one would have been allegedly “scammed “or “cheated”. I will then proceed to prove myself to everyone in the community with complete and proper information. Once I have backed up everything I have said, anyone wanting to buy these titles can proceed to do so. Each sale will also be done by me directly and will be done only in person.

Let me finish off by saying that: I stand 100% behind these games and everything I have said. I stand behind my work and all the projects I have done. Lastly, I stand behind my character. I will take every recourse to prove myself and also prove these games to be real. Regardless of how the reveal was perceived... at the end of the day it’s all perception and perception does not equate reality. I will continue to do new and exciting projects for the community. I will leave it at that as I refuse to let myself get drawn to the drama.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
well offering a refund is a very nice start.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Thank you. This is the right way.

If the facts end up supporting you, I will happily apologize as it would mean there are new games that were official. But that's up to you proving it.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
So, in a nutshell, you don't plan to address any other concerns brought up by the forum in the last couple days?

Awesome.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I really hope this is genuine. It is unfortunate shit imploded like this, but its good to see that you are willing to accept refunds even when you made clear the conditions to buyers before hand.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I understand both sides of this, but if integrity was an issue, I think everyone can breathe a little easier.

David, this is a great first step and I will come out and state that I respect you immensely for handling it in this manner. If/when you decide to proceed after proving your story, I think you will find things to be much more positive and profitable for all parties.

The money and games still need to change hands... again, but this is a great start.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
Since this post will be seen A LOT in the coming days...

ENTER THE NT RAFFLE. CLICK THE LINK IN MY SIG.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Just throwing this out there, but am I the only one that sees this as DG getting an interest free loan?

SSS

neo retired
Ok.. so let me get this straight. You spent the money on snaplocks.. and it sounds like NG Dev Team has already paid you for their order. So.. to recoup you need to.. sell more product to people in the Neo community to get the cash for the refunds.

Does no one else see a huge problem with this?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Just throwing this out there, but am I the only one that sees this as DG getting an interest free loan?

i guess it could be looked at it like that. or if the games that were sold as new were tested or opened in anyway by the owners, they will be returned as used.

i just see it as a seller who saw an upset client base who wants to make it right, but needs to regather the necessary funds. time will tell- of course- but this is a start in the right direction.

Tacitus

Staff member
Ok.. so let me get this straight. You spent the money on snaplocks.. and it sounds like NG Dev Team has already paid you for their order. So.. to recoup you need to.. sell more product to people in the Neo community to get the cash for the refunds.

Does no one else see a huge problem with this?

It's much better than the alternative, if things were the "worst case scenario".

That deal (NG:DEV), from what I understand, is/was already signed and sealed. It's not really selling more product to the community.

SSS

neo retired
It's much better than the alternative, if things were the "worst case scenario".

That deal (NG:DEV), from what I understand, is/was already signed and sealed. It's not really selling more product to the community.

Yes, but I doubt NG dev team has spent more than 30,000+ dollars on snaplocks.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm glad to hear this. I thought the same things that have already been brought up by a couple of others, but if people get their money back, that's all that matters to me. Regardless, it looks like another "waiting game," unfortunately...

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
For these owners to get their refunds, sounds like he's expecting others (us) to buy from him, be it through cases, converters, or more conversions.

An verified ex snk employee just said you could not have designed the chip like you claim. Why would anyone in their right mind send you more cash?

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
haha more stalling. This is priceless

why would you need the carts returned before you can get the information you need to prove yourself?

SSS

neo retired
Did you miss where ng dev team said they couldnt afford to buy the entire order?

From where I sit it sounds like he's prepared to drain more cash from the neo community on the pretense of paying back refunds.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
haha more stalling. This is priceless

why would you need the carts returned before you can get the information you need to prove yourself?

the carts returned is part of the refund.

the info would presumably come later. i think its 2 separate things.

it's a shit storm over here- i think he is doing it in the right order. make customers happy, then correct the bullshit.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
I know Aero Fighters 3 does have its issues when compared to games of the same era. No matter what you feel about the game.... it is real and it did come from SNK. The same goes for Power Spikes II, it came straight from SNK.

:lolz:

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
the carts returned is part of the refund.

the info would presumably come later. i think its 2 separate things.

it's a shit storm over here- i think he is doing it in the right order. make customers happy, then correct the bullshit.

nah, if he actually had the means to correct the bullshit by providing some solid information then the customers would be satisfied

Hellraizah

World Soccer '96
I fully respect the fact that you didn't run away. Now, if you really refund the guys who want to get refunded is another matter. But the fact that you didn't run away is a good sign that you don't want your name to be associated with a scammer.

You will have to be VERY transparent in the future.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Once again, every buyer was made aware of the risk beforehand. They knew what they were getting into and took the responsibility when they made the payment. Everyone knew there were no refunds and to err on the side of caution, I did do my due diligence and held unto the funds sent for a 90 day period (just in case a buyer wanted to return their game right away). A lot of time passed by and everyone reported that they were satisfied with their purchase. TonK/Mike was acting in the best interest of both parties (Me and the Buyers). He clearly provided all of the necessary information and the buyers still proceeded with their purchase. TonK is not responsible for any of this debacle.

I know Aero Fighters 3 does have its issues when compared to games of the same era. No matter what you feel about the game.... it is real and it did come from SNK. The same goes for Power Spikes II, it came straight from SNK. Right or wrong I have no say or control over the quality of pre-release titles.

:spock:

Well, are AF3 and PSII legit or not? What risks are there in purchasing authentic releases? Nobody worries if a Magician Lord cart is a bootleg. If AF3/PSII are the real deal, then there's nothing to worry about during the purchase, right? Are you telling people that these games may be counterfiet? Isn't that undermining the whole point of selling these games?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
The very fact that David is responding to these allegations is one thing. To even put an offer for a full refund on the table is a whole 'nother ball game. I'm not sure how this will all pan out, but the fact that he's even giving that possibility is a start in the right direction. I hope this all gets worked out and the true details get settled in the end.