Open letter to Dion and ChrisR.

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
Hey Tony,

We're all rooting for you, man. Most, if not all, of us can't relate to what you're going through. I know you need rest, but rather than thinking about all the drama, I'd love to hear some stories about your SNK and Romstar days if you're feeling up to it.

The late 80's and early 90's were the times I mostly hung out at the arcades and developed my love affair with games. I have vivid memories of Strider, Ghosts/Ghouls, Magician Lord, Baseball Stars Pro, and a lot of the games of the time. I still remember what a tidal wave SF2 was when it came out, and later on Fatal Fury.

That prototype Ghosts board you have is an awesome piece of arcade history.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
My stupid friend, you are confusing "harassing" with "asking questions". I'm asking questions, try to remember. If he is under stress he should not involve himself in the business of accusing people in the public, but of course, I don't wish to disturb anyone, unnecessarily, so instead then I will talk to you, fatty. Can YOU answer the questions? Speak!

---> QUESTIONS:

Do you mean to say only local trolls have the right to insult? It works only one way? It's fine when done to Dion and Chris, but you don't like it on your skin? Or are you saying they did something worse? Maybe they just have poor taste of humor, you know, teh drama? So what is it, what comment are you actually talking about?

You are writing "open letter", so wouldn't you want general public to understand what is it you are complaining about? What picture, please?

How were you "victimized"? In person? By email? Over the phone? Can you explain please, what did they do to you?

That Wikipedia article in no way even suggests such person would be of any concern to others. It looks more like a list of attributes that would drive such person to aim high, and therefore maybe succeed sometimes, or often perhaps. Isn't that a good thing? Their high opinion of themselves is not hurting anyone, or does it? What really bothers you, how is any of that your concern?

What is with this huge surge of tard members in the past few days? Fuck me.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I know some other forums have show IP address turned on. I have no idea why people would be afraid to show where they are posting from, but here in the den of secrecy known as neo-geo.com, it does not surprise me. Even if people were using an proxy or something, at least it would be easy to pick out, since the IP would always change. I hope a mod can screenshot at least all of the posts Dion and I have made over the last week and see they would have been from only two places in Orange County. I seem to have missed something last night.

Just.... shut the fuck up.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I will let the post above speak for itself people.

Isn't it strange that the person that is LEADING the "Donation" efforts for Tony is also screaming like a two year old that NGF is the devil and we should just leave his perceived playground?

I am sure the money will not hurt, but if a person is battling a very serious illness, money is not going to make them well. Lack of stress and diet are probably the two most important things, and you bringing this drama into his life to advance your own agenda is pathetic and selfish. You lack the empathy and reason to understand this so I have typed it out in plain english for you.

This is the blunt truth people, as sad as it sounds.
I'm assuming that until you donate money that this is your excuse to not donate money.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Listen, I'm ready to admit that I'm a complete idiot. It's amazing I finished high school, and it's laughable that I'm going to finish my degree. I am a stupid motherfucker.

With that said, can somebody explain to me what happened here? When I first read it, I was awake for 5 minutes, so I thought it was just me being half-asleep. After some time passed, I've come to realize that it's my stupidity that's preventing me from understanding what happened here.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Listen, I'm ready to admit that I'm a complete idiot. It's amazing I finished high school, and it's laughable that I'm going to finish my degree. I am a stupid motherfucker.

With that said, can somebody explain to me what happened here? When I first read it, I was awake for 5 minutes, so I thought it was just me being half-asleep. After some time passed, I've come to realize that it's my stupidity that's preventing me from understanding what happened here.

In a nutshell Tony said that he doesn't want to be visted by dion or chris and be in their pictures because he knows that dion and chris only care about their self-inflated glory that they know people who worked for SNK and is best friends with them.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah, I had somebody hold my hand through an explanation. I get it, now. I'll never apologize for being dumb.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Tony, i know we have only spoken a handful of times but you are such a nice guy and i have loved hearing about your SNK days. Anyone speaking bad of you is an idiot and does not deserve your time or efforts.

Hope all is well with you again soon and we can hear more about the early days.

All the best mate.
Roger.

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
Soil you ain'y stupid man. Glad Bonuskun was able to explain it. thanks for jumping in about it, BK.

Rcantor: thanks, man. They didn't speak bad of me, it was realizing I was being set up. I kept getting this gut feeling so I asked 4 friends on here. They didn't answer but merely pointed me to other threads and what I saw horrified me. I've been burned in the past. The biggest event in that festivities was having to meet up with higher ups at an amusement park due to one of these snake oil types papering the parking lot of this park with flyers smearing me and a TV celebrity friend. Was harassed for years in that instance as the snake oil bunch did other things.

There are a lot of truly wonderful people on here I would gladly invite over to my farm to hang out or crash on the cough if needed. After what I seen, had to scratch 2 off the list.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would go to Tony's farm to just hang out. Don't care to ask questions. Just want to enjoy the farm.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
There's 0 point of trying to have a serious discussion with either Chris R or Dion. They're both lifelong liars and scammers. They'll never change.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Rcantor: thanks, man. They didn't speak bad of me, it was realizing I was being set up. I kept getting this gut feeling so I asked 4 friends on here. They didn't answer but merely pointed me to other threads and what I saw horrified me. I've been burned in the past. The biggest event in that festivities was having to meet up with higher ups at an amusement park due to one of these snake oil types papering the parking lot of this park with flyers smearing me and a TV celebrity friend. Was harassed for years in that instance as the snake oil bunch did other things.

sorry mate, must have misunderstood you original post... it is difficult here in the UK with all that has been going on over the last few months, you wake up in the morning and there are 5 new threads with 10 pages on each to try and read through.

i am trying to keep up with it all... :D

Nightmare Tony

Hey Tony,

We're all rooting for you, man. Most, if not all, of us can't relate to what you're going through. I know you need rest, but rather than thinking about all the drama, I'd love to hear some stories about your SNK and Romstar days if you're feeling up to it.

The late 80's and early 90's were the times I mostly hung out at the arcades and developed my love affair with games. I have vivid memories of Strider, Ghosts/Ghouls, Magician Lord, Baseball Stars Pro, and a lot of the games of the time. I still remember what a tidal wave SF2 was when it came out, and later on Fatal Fury.

That prototype Ghosts board you have is an awesome piece of arcade history.

Blush. Sorry for taking so long to reply, man. I put it up for auction for cancer medication costs. The Ghosts 7 Goblins was given to me when Romstar moved as there was no use for it at the new location. the same applies with the Cybertank.

LOVED that time period of games. Still loving them. Glad we share that!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Soil you ain'y stupid man. Glad Bonuskun was able to explain it. thanks for jumping in about it, BK.

No need to thank me on that, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and truthfully was envious of your time with SNK. I did some submitted work for gamefan years ago and suffice to say it wasn't near what you had done but I enjoyed it. I hope your health gets better sir.

Last edited:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Unfortunately Tony, there are many opportunists out there who will try and use any situation to their advantage. I am glad that you will not be a victim.

Take care of yourself

Nightmare Tony

Bonus: thanks, man. We all do our bit with games, period. all good times.

Unfortunately Tony, there are many opportunists out there who will try and use any situation to their advantage. I am glad that you will not be a victim.

Take care of yourself

I have been in the past so am glad of gut feeling and friends who showed me the truth on here. It was...eye opening, to say the least.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
mpatard's website? Wow, it certainly bring back memories. Thanks Bonus.

Nightmare Tony

WOW. My laatest pissoff was a picture taken from a game magazine of John Barone and a friend who did sales for both Romstar and SNK. It was defaced with an ugly logo which I removed. Am realizing he was passing it off as having taken the picture himself. Which was not the case as I was right there when the picture was taken, I think it was Marcus Webb or eddie Adlum who took it.

I am wondering, why the hell didn't I EVER hear of this guy during the 5 years I worked at SNK? I literally only heard of him when he was making overtures to meet me during the worst part of my pneumonia.

This is what I get for not paying attention, but wow.

Thanks on the website link. It outlines a person I would NEVER call a friend or even an acquaintance.
(shiver)

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
WOW. My laatest pissoff was a picture taken from a game magazine of John Barone and a friend who did sales for both Romstar and SNK. It was defaced with an ugly logo which I removed. Am realizing he was passing it off as having taken the picture himself. Which was not the case as I was right there when the picture was taken, I think it was Marcus Webb or eddie Adlum who took it.

I am wondering, why the hell didn't I EVER hear of this guy during the 5 years I worked at SNK? I literally only heard of him when he was making overtures to meet me during the worst part of my pneumonia.

This is what I get for not paying attention, but wow.

Thanks on the website link. It outlines a person I would NEVER call a friend or even an acquaintance.
(shiver)

Well to be fair you probably were more focused on your job then to deal with the negative PR these two were trying to do. John's daughter had heard of them and like it was posted, she shot Dion down for trying to say the irritating maze was an official snk product. What's on that list is only the tip of the iceberg of years of bullshit that's been lost to the ethers of the internet and probably gone forever.

The best I can suggest for you is if you have any contact with anyone else who worked for SNK at the time to warn them of this bewlshit. Most if not all the EX-gamefan magazine people I knew years ago already avoid ngf like the plauge. :|

The stamping on the inserts was much later on. The biggest evidence of course is those pictures which came from Shawn himself originally. So it still blows my mind that they're even allowed to post here much less have a voice on these forums dedicated to a system and games they've literally destroyed with their overinflated egos.

Last edited:

Nightmare Tony

Am only in touch with 2, and we barely talk. Will have to do some lookin up on things....