Omega MVS Cartridge Shells: Kickstarter Now Live!

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Great! Already on it! Looks perfect, you have done a good job!

I also like the simple backing options. Three. That's it, nobody needs more.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I don't (yet?) own an MVS or CMVS, but these really do look great. All the best to you with regards to realising this pretty ambitious project...

Nerdy

Kabuki Klasher
I will pledge one. Hope in the future you can have them for sale because i will want more :)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
hey buddy- nice job on that thing!

a little friendly advice- if you can do a decent quality video, do it. the kickstarter people LOVE them some videos. thats a lot of text.

also maybe offer up a higher priced option- say an omega with (for example) 10 of these items for $625 (show a mild discount and get a big sal out if it). maybe offer up a 100 pack.

be creative with the payout/ gift options so there is something for everyone.

good luck!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Super awesome! I know where some of this guy's tax return is going! Definitely going to be showing the support, shadow. Great job man!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Does Kickstarter charge you when you make the pledge or when the thing ends? I'm ready to donate on this but didn't know if I would be charged today or at the end.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
hey buddy- nice job on that thing!

a little friendly advice- if you can do a decent quality video, do it. the kickstarter people LOVE them some videos. thats a lot of text.

also maybe offer up a higher priced option- say an omega with (for example) 10 of these items for $625 (show a mild discount and get a big sal out if it). maybe offer up a 100 pack.

be creative with the payout/ gift options so there is something for everyone.

good luck!

I'll try to get a video out by this weekend. I was considering higher quantity options but it's apparently against the rules to sell things in bulk. 10 is the highest I can offer in a particular reward level. There are easy ways around it though.

As far as other reward options go, it's a bit tricky with this one. It's not an actual game so I can't put out promotional merchandise for it. It would be kinda weird to send someone a post of cartridge shells.

Does Kickstarter charge you when you make the pledge or when the thing ends? I'm ready to donate on this but didn't know if I would be charged today or at the end.

It charges me fees when the project gets funded. I don't lose anything if the project doesn't meet the target goals. If that happens, everyone gets refunded so I'm guessing it charges you right away when you make a pledge.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It charges you when the project is successfully funded but Amazon will take down your CC info when you make the pledge and then you have until the campaign is done to change or cancel your pledge.

Pope Sazae

Looking at the pledges if I donate $30 does that means I get two cart shells? Sorry if these are stupid questions.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Looking at the pledges if I donate $30 does that means I get two cart shells? Sorry if these are stupid questions.

That's not how the pledges work but that's the way I'm going to interpret the pledge amounts. That's the work around I was alluding to. If you pledge in multiples of the reward denomination, I'll do the math and get you the right amount.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
thanks for doing this. I hope people take note and support it!

I have seen other kickstarters that allow you to get more than 1 of a reward..... just pledge multiples of that amount and make sure you tell them in the comments. Are you planning on doing this?

Edit: seems yes.

Pope Sazae

That's not how the pledges work but that's the way I'm going to interpret the pledge amounts. That's the work around I was alluding to. If you pledge in multiples of the reward denomination, I'll do the math and get you the right amount.

That's awesome, about to go and pledge now.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Damn they are good looking. Well done mate.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
You've asked and now received. Kickstarter is now live for the new cartridge shells.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/113891498/omega-neo-geo-mvs-replacement-cartridge-shells

Just backed you for 10 cart shells shadow; the Omega I got from you was fantastic, as I'm sure these shells will be.

Everybody that has even the slightest interest in these shells should back this for at least the $15 level.

Hell, even if you don't have an MVS pick one up just to know you helped bring this to the masses.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Quan, does the $135 for 10 include shipping? I was thinking of ordering 10 but it was not charging me extra for shipping, is that correct?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
congrats shadow! these shells look awesome, well worth the 10 count price

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Want me to increase the height of the label templates by a couple of mm? Looks like there's a little gap at the top there.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Will def be pledging, just a question, hope its not too dumb, but do the first people to pledge get their shells first when they are complete, or will they be mailed out to everyone at the same time?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Quan, does the $135 for 10 include shipping? I was thinking of ordering 10 but it was not charging me extra for shipping, is that correct?

Shipping isn't included in the pledge. In some cases, $15 will all go towards shipping the shell. The cost will vary depending on destination but I will keep it fair. Priority mail is standard for domestic and EMS for international.

Want me to increase the height of the label templates by a couple of mm? Looks like there's a little gap at the top there.

Nah, I'll just shrink down the label area by that amount so it fills it up properly.

Will def be pledging, just a question, hope its not too dumb, but do the first people to pledge get their shells first when they are complete, or will they be mailed out to everyone at the same time?

I'll have them shipped out in order of pledges. Earlier pledges get theirs first.