OH, SNAP! Walmart is offering a 50$ gift card with every Wii starting Dec. 5th!

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
Pretty much means the Wii only costs $150. If you haven't bought one yet, this would probably be the time to do so. The offer lasts until the 12th.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Pretty much means the Wii only costs $150. If you haven't bought one yet, this would probably be the time to do so. The offer lasts until the 12th.

I might have to get a Wii and use the $50 to get NSMB.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I did this a few years ago when they had a "buy a PS3 for $399 and get a $100 gift card" program. Used the card for groceries.

Even at $150...I still don't want another Wii...fuck that useless thing, it took up space in my cabinet for close to a year...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Ok then, that's it...I'm doing this. Finally getting a Wii when I said I never would get a next-gen console.

So how does this work? It starts at 12AM on December 5th? So I could go to Wal-Mart at around 11PM, walk around for an hour with a Wii console in my hands, then ring it up at 12AM and get my gift card?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Even at $150...I still don't want another Wii...fuck that useless thing, it took up space in my cabinet for close to a year...

If Nintendo started giving them away for free I probably wouldn't take the time to bother picking one up. Worse console I've ever owned and I've got a Virtual Boy and Jaguar.

Also, fuck game stop. Assholes should be making plenty of money selling 10 used games they paid someone 1 dollar for.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Haha, whoop-de-do... $40 million is probably less than half of what they actually owe the workers in unpaid time. Walmart probably does this on purpose to save money on overtime.

Costco baby :vik:

Decent starting pay rate, guaranteed hours, overtime pay, holiday pay, automatic raises based on total hours worked, sick time/vacation time for part-timers, great health insurance, 401k, etc.

People can rip on me for working there all they want but at the end of the day it pays all my bills, provides insurance for my daughter and allows me time to go to school. For basic retail work you can't really do better than Costco.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member

Best news I've heard all week, seriously. One thing I give the original Xbox credit for was their method of sealing their new games; you had the regular factory seal, but also stickers on three sides of the case. No worrying about buying hacked open crap that was resealed.

Over the summer I had a terrible time trying to find Samurai Shodown Anthology for my Wii, so I had to resort to Gamestop. I went in, took that display case to the register, and told the associate I wanted a NEW one. He started rummaging through his drawer and started the whole "this is the last one we have, so I'll give you the manual and CD for it." I just told him I was going to get a new one somewhere else. I heard him snickering as I was leaving, but I didn't care. Haven't been back to one since.

Good deal for a Wii, though. Too bad it can't handle the likes of SF4, SC4, etc. I think it gets a bad rap among hardcore gamers to an extent, but I can see where they're coming from. It'll be interesting to see the specs for Nintendo's next console down the line.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Again, why is anyone shopping at Gamestop? That "new" game stuff is such bullshit.They might be OK for used games, but if you want a new game then there are dozens of other stores who most likely have that game.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Between New Super Mario, Muramasa, No More Heroes, etc. I'd be all over this if a) I wasn't leaving the country for a bit and b) I doubt this offer is good in Canada. Ah well.

There'll be other deals for the console sooner or later, I expect. Aside from a sales spike on Black Friday (which everyone got, not just the Wii), I hear the console's sales have been steadily dipping. I'm guessing that by this time next year there'll be another price cut.

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
So how does this work? It starts at 12AM on December 5th? So I could go to Wal-Mart at around 11PM, walk around for an hour with a Wii console in my hands, then ring it up at 12AM and get my gift card?

I checked Wal-Mart.com, and it says it starts at 8 am, probably to coincide with other Walmarts that aren't open 24 hours.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I was surprised at how many Wiis they had...at least 20.

Got there around 7:10, was fourth in line.

I didn't expect to wrap it up as a present to myself, but I did.

Never imagined I'd own a Wii..

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I was surprised at how many Wiis they had...at least 20.

Got there around 7:10, was fourth in line.

I didn't expect to wrap it up as a present to myself, but I did.

Never imagined I'd own a Wii..

There was a line? When they did the PS3 thing, I was the only one there.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
yup, about 20 people I'd guess.

Lady next to me talked to me the entire time, she bought Link's Crossbow Training because I bought it too.

went to best buy later and got:
Ghost Squad, HOTD: Overkill, and MadWorld for $20 apiece, and then Klonoa for $30.
I'll have to look elsewhere for No More Heroes and House of the Dead 2+3.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I might have to get a Wii and use the $50 to get NSMB.

i'm tempted by nsmb myself

thought it was a shameless re-hash at first, but after looking at the reviews more closely it looks like a lot of fun

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Lemmings....you motherfuckers make me sick...SICK I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Do they let you keep the gift card if you immediately return the wii for a refund or to exchange for a real console?

The Wii has some good games.
Yeah, like 3 of them. You add that up with the good games from N64 and Gamecube and it brings the total up to a whopping 10-12 over the past three generations.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Do they let you keep the gift card if you immediately return the wii for a refund or to exchange for a real console?

Yeah, like 3 of them. You add that up with the good games from N64 and Gamecube and it brings the total up to a whopping 10-12 over the past three generations.

I think the Wii has enough good games to justify a purchase.