Official PSP Homebrew (Piracy) Thread: All ROMs, ISOs and Such!

BIG

sony fanboy
wizkid007 said:
There are emulators for both. SNES does not run at full speed on alot of titles with sound. Some titles do like punch out. You have to clock the cpu at 333 and turn up frame skip to 3-4 almost be 100% on all titles. Frame skip is more noticable on some games. Others it is not

The NGCD emulator runs good for some games like metal slug 100%. Others it does not like twinkle star sprites. Really depends on the game

You can get the emulators at www.psp-spot.com or pspupdates.com

You got a compatibillity list of 100% working ngcd games?

B-

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
BIG said:
You got a compatibillity list of 100% working ngcd games?

B-

No sorry I dont. Kofs are very slow, twinkle is slow. Metal slugs work great. Magical drop 2 runs pretty good. Thats about all I can remember at this point.

BIG

sony fanboy
wizkid007 said:
No sorry I dont. Kofs are very slow, twinkle is slow. Metal slugs work great. Magical drop 2 runs pretty good. Thats about all I can remember at this
point.

KoFs are slow? Playwise or load?

I don't remember TSS being all that slow at all.

B-

wizkid007

20 Year Member
BIG said:
KoFs are slow? Playwise or load?

I don't remember TSS being all that slow at all.

B-

It was slow compared to the game. Could hear it in the music.

KOFS are slow in both loading and play.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Will a game like Last Blade or Samurai Shodown 2/3 run in full-speed, or will it be stuck at the 70-80% that the KoFs are at?

Another reservation I just realized was whether all new PSPs now ship with 2.5 firmware... I know the downgrade only exists for 2.0 > 1.5, as I don't want to be stuck with a handheld with a crappy collection of games.

wizkid007

20 Year Member
Ely13 said:
Will a game like Last Blade or Samurai Shodown 2/3 run in full-speed, or will it be stuck at the 70-80% that the KoFs are at?

Another reservation I just realized was whether all new PSPs now ship with 2.5 firmware... I know the downgrade only exists for 2.0 > 1.5, as I don't want to be stuck with a handheld with a crappy collection of games.

Not sure about this one as I have had my psp for ages now. I would assume the loading and speed is worse on the last blade as the loading is just horrible on the ngcd. I have no idea about the samurai showdowns. But in comparison when i made the kof 98 one It required alot of preperation. Running games on teh psp isnt as easy as running a iso. You have to extract all the audio songs and put them in a folder that matches the file name with a differnent number extension. And zip the rest of the iso to no compression or it takes even longer to play.

I would assume the fighters are pretty much all the same but dont quote me on that.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Just wanted to say a couple of things without creating a new thread (if kernow reads this anyway this means he's interested :kekeke: )

A exploit was found in the GTA savegames so if you have this UMD you could load basic homebew stuff (in user mode, not kernel mode) in 2.0, including a tool called PSPsetX that allows you to play original UMDs that require 2.01 or 2.5 without actually upgrading (including Zero 3, but music doesn't work on this one), and perform a downgrade to 1.5.
Well, now it is possible to use this GTA exploit in 2.01 and 2.5 and simple homebrew can be used in them. We'll have to see if this also allows to use downgrade to 1.5.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Amano Jacu said:
Just wanted to say a couple of things without creating a new thread (if kernow reads this anyway this means he's interested :kekeke: )

A exploit was found in the GTA savegames so if you have this UMD you could load basic homebew stuff (in user mode, not kernel mode) in 2.0, including a tool called PSPsetX that allows you to play original UMDs that require 2.01 or 2.5 without actually upgrading (including Zero 3, but music doesn't work on this one), and perform a downgrade to 1.5.
Well, now it is possible to use this GTA exploit in 2.01 and 2.5 and simple homebrew can be used in them. We'll have to see if this also allows to use downgrade to 1.5.
Apparently the version information is different in 2.5, so downgrading using a 1.5/2.0 based version changer will only brick the psp.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I have firmware 1.50 and BIG told me last time that I can play game roms and I want to play Clock Tower: First Fear SFC game on my PSP handheld and also their is an english patch for it too. I am going to buy hella! memory sticks to play alot of SFC, Saturn, MegaDrive, NGPC games etc but I don't have the resources or know how to without help. :) :cool:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Bood theres no saturn support and the neo pockets slow last time I checked but the neo-cd is almost perfect email me with any specific questions.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Mawdsley said:
Apparently the version information is different in 2.5, so downgrading using a 1.5/2.0 based version changer will only brick the psp.

Yep, looks like it won't be possible to downgrade 2.01 or superior PSP's using this, but at least they can now use emus and stuff through GTA.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Xavier said:
Bood theres no saturn support and the neo pockets slow last time I checked but the neo-cd is almost perfect email me with any specific questions.

What about SFC/SNES games?. ;) :cool:

ray_7

Shawn Carr2o said:
What about SFC/SNES games?. ;) :cool:

snes emulation on the psp is pretty good i would say..

some games run perfect while there's the usual that runs slow, for example dbz hyper dimension..

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
ray_7 said:
snes emulation on the psp is pretty good i would say..

some games run perfect while there's the usual that runs slow, for example dbz hyper dimension..

Yeah I want to play SFC/SNES game roms on my PSP in english. Will the games be in full screen and how many games can be stored in the memory sticks?.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Just bought another psp myself, then find out the 2.01 bios is on the fucker. No roms/homebrew/iso's for me :mad:

ray_7

Shawn Carr2o said:
Yeah I want to play SFC/SNES game roms on my PSP in english. Will the games be in full screen and how many games can be stored in the memory sticks?.

you can have it full screen, it will be strecthed tho..

stored games of course depends on the size of your memory sticks..

BIG

sony fanboy
Sn00t said:
Just bought another psp myself, then find out the 2.01 bios is on the fucker. No roms/homebrew/iso's for me :mad:

Patience,mate.

According to pspupdates,fw 2.01-2.50 has already been cracked.

2.60 is on the verge of being cracked as well......

B-

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Sn00t said:

You didn't read my post... If you buy GTA game UMD you can run most emulators and homebrew stuff, just no isos for you.

kancho

Banned
I got a new PSP and it has 2.5 :blow_top:

I want to play the ISO's, not possible with eloader I understand. Or I am wrong?

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Is firmware version 1.50 good for playing game roms on a memory stick?. I am going to try and have Clock Tower: First Fear SFC/SNES game and have it english patched to be able to read the text. :D :cool:

First go to:

http://www.snes9x.com/downloads.php

Choose the one to download that's right for you. Not only will this let you play CT: FF, but all the other SNES games on this site:

http://www.rom-world.com/file.php?id=25736

That SHOULD work. The ROM site seems to be down right now, but it might work for you. SAVE it, then run it, that way you always have it.

You can find ZSNES here.

http://zsnes.ipherswipsite.com/

official page www.zsnes.com

For the rom, try here.

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=5052

Translation patch:

http://www.zophar.net/newtrans/download/snes/clocktow.zip

If the link doesn't work, try this, then look for the link

http://www.zophar.net/newtrans/?op=show&type=snes

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
kancho said:
I got a new PSP and it has 2.5 :blow_top:

I want to play the ISO's, not possible with eloader I understand. Or I am wrong?

No, you can't play isos, Only simple homebrew games and emulators if you buy GTA.