Official PSP Homebrew (Piracy) Thread: All ROMs, ISOs and Such!

TrueTrials

Olly C,
15 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Not sure if I understand what you are doing, if you have a file compressed into 3 parts of rars you need winrar to decompress them all together, just open one of them with winrar and it will do it automatically.

BTW, there are strong rumors of an inminent way to execute homebrew stuff in the PSP 2.0. We'll see if this time is not bullshit.

Got it all sorted now :) Firstly I didn't realised that when I extracted one file it extracted all 3 and put them into the main .rar file. Then I didn't realise I could extract Track - 01 after I realised that is was pretty simple.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
And it works, too!

The hack exploits the overflow.tif to change your PSP firmware version number to 1.0. Then you just install 1.5, and voila! New PSP!

(P.S. what's the best SNES emu for the PSP? I'm using Snes9xTYL 0.2c and Chrono Trigger gets choppy as allfuck. Is there a better one?)

(P.P.S. PSP+Metal Slug == The Fucking Bomb)

H

hermegildo

I tried a bunch of SNES emus and they all suck.

I just upgraded back to 2.0.

Better video compression support = more Family Guy episodes on my PSP.

BIG

sony fanboy
Is there a list of 100% working (w/sound fx/music) NGCD games I can look up somewhere?

B-

BIG

sony fanboy
hermegildo said:
I just upgraded back to 2.0.

Better video compression support = more Family Guy episodes on my PSP.

What's the difference in terms of video support between 1.50 and 2.0?

B-

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Noemi-CD.gif

Will the rom games be in full screen and can you save your game on the memory sticks?. I don't know how to upgrade my PSP to play teh roms???. :( :cool:

BIG

sony fanboy
Shawn Carr2o said:
Noemi-CD.gif

Will the rom games be in full screen and can you save your game on the memory sticks?. I don't know how to upgrade my PSP to play teh roms???. :( :cool:

Games can be played in full screen,but not without the image being stretched. Also,doing so will cause the resolution to take a slight dip as well.

If I remember correctly,didn't you get a launch US PSP (fw 1.50)? Which firmware do you have,Shawn?

B-

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
BIG said:
Games can be played in full screen,but not without the image being stretched. Also,doing so will cause the resolution to take a slight dip as well.

If I remember correctly,didn't you get a launch US PSP (fw 1.50)? Which firmware do you have,Shawn?

B-

Noemi-CD.gif

I am not sure which firmware I have on my US PSP???. How do I check which firmware I have???. :) :cool:

If my PSP can play roms, can you save your game progress data on the memory sticks and are the games permenate too???. ;) :cool:

BIG

sony fanboy
Shawn Carr2o said:
Noemi-CD.gif

I am not sure which firmware I have on my US PSP???. How do I check which firmware I have???. :) :cool:

If my PSP can play roms, can you save your game progress data on the memory sticks and are the games permenate too???. ;) :cool:

Go to system settings and look under system info.,and it should tell you what your current fw is.

Not only can you play roms,but you can also run actual PSP isos as well.

B-

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
BIG said:
Go to system settings and look under system info.,and it should tell you what your current fw is.

Not only can you play roms,but you can also run actual PSP isos as well.

B-

Noemi-CD.gif

I checked my PSP firmware and it said version 1.50 on the screen. :D :cool:

H

hermegildo

BIG said:
What's the difference in terms of video support between 1.50 and 2.0?

B-
2.0 has AVC support which, from what I've tested, is much better than previous formats.

I use PSP Video 9 and I can shrink an episode of whatever to the 50-60MB area.

BIG

sony fanboy
hermegildo said:
2.0 has AVC support which, from what I've tested, is much better than previous formats.

I use PSP Video 9 and I can shrink an episode of whatever to the 50-60MB area.

What exactly is AVC?

I'm new to this,so bare with me.

Is PSP Video 9 PC-only?

FYI,I've just ripped Star Wars: Battle Front II via UMD Dumper,and it runs flawlessly with Devhook.

Prince of Persia: Revelations seems to be working as well.

B-

Last edited:

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I'm new to this also. I know I have to downgrade my firmware (1.52), but I'm not sure which program to use. I don't want to get stuck with a virus or something. Can someone point me to the specific programs they used to downgrade?

H

hermegildo

BIG said:
What exactly is AVC?

I'm new to this,so bare with me.

Is PSP Video 9 PC-only?

FYI,I've just ripped Star Wars: Battle Front II via UMD Dumper,and it runs flawlessly with Devhook.

Prince of Persia: Revelations seems to be working as well.

B-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

AVC is nothing but a video compression codec. Support for it was added in 2.0 so that videos compressed with AVC could be playable on a PSP.

Yes, I think PSP Video 9 is PC only, but there should be a similar program for macs if that's what you're running. I think it's called iPSP or something like that and, even though I didn't like it when I tried it, it should handle video compression with AVC quite easily.

As for UMD dumping and whatnot, I honestly don't know a thing about that. AVC is a codec strictly for making video files smaller. I have about 3 hours of video on my 1GB memory stick and still have enough room for over 300MB of music, teh roms and game saves.

BIG

sony fanboy
hermegildo said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

AVC is nothing but a video compression codec. Support for it was added in 2.0 so that videos compressed with AVC could be playable on a PSP.

Yes, I think PSP Video 9 is PC only, but there should be a similar program for macs if that's what you're running. I think it's called iPSP or something like that and, even though I didn't like it when I tried it, it should handle video compression with AVC quite easily.

As for UMD dumping and whatnot, I honestly don't know a thing about that. AVC is a codec strictly for making video files smaller. I have about 3 hours of video on my 1GB memory stick and still have enough room for over 300MB of music, teh roms and game saves.

Thanks for the info.

That's pretty good,but with fw 2.0,I doubt that you can get any of the emus to work..unless there's a 2.0 exploit I don't know about.

Anyway,if you should grow tired of the Family Guy,you can always downgrade your fw back to 1.50 ;)

B-

BIG

sony fanboy
NEgO MANIAC said:
I'm new to this also. I know I have to downgrade my firmware (1.52), but I'm not sure which program to use. I don't want to get stuck with a virus or something. Can someone point me to the specific programs they used to downgrade?

First,you will need to upgrade to fw 2.0 in order to downgrade back to 1.50. The program you will be using for the downgrade is call the MPH Downgrader. Both the fw 2.0 and the MPH downgrader can be found here(under the download section).

Enjoy!

B-

H

hermegildo

BIG said:
Thanks for the info.

That's pretty good,but with fw 2.0,I doubt that you can get any of the emus to work..unless there's a 2.0 exploit I don't know about.

Anyway,if you should grow tired of the Family Guy,you can always downgrade your fw back to 1.50 ;)

B-
There is a 2.0 exploit, but it's nowhere near as compatible with homebrews as the 1.5 one.

Some stuff works, other doesn't, depends on what you plan on playing.

In general, I'd say that if emulation/homebrew is all you're using your PSP for, you're better off just sticking to 1.50.

BIG

sony fanboy
hermegildo said:
There is a 2.0 exploit, but it's nowhere near as compatible with homebrews as the 1.5 one.

Some stuff works, other doesn't, depends on what you plan on playing.

In general, I'd say that if emulation/homebrew is all you're using your PSP for, you're better off just sticking to 1.50.

Really? What can you do with it?

Oh yeah,and where can I get it?

B-

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
Could someone please tell me if there is a NeoCD emulator (NeoCD PSP?) or SNES (SNES9x PSP optimized?) which plays ROMs at full speed, with or without sound, on the PSP?

I've been doing a lot of digging on other forums, but I'm seeing a lot of varying responses from the same time period. Some people say these run full speed great, others say the only get 15fps, others say 75-80% of full speed.

I was looking at the PSP lineup but honestly, the only legit game I really want for it is Kingdom of Paradise, and even then it seems barely worth $40.

BIG

sony fanboy
Ely13 said:
Could someone please tell me if there is a NeoCD emulator (NeoCD PSP?) or SNES (SNES9x PSP optimized?) which plays ROMs at full speed, with or without sound, on the PSP?

I've been doing a lot of digging on other forums, but I'm seeing a lot of varying responses from the same time period. Some people say these run full speed great, others say the only get 15fps, others say 75-80% of full speed.

I was looking at the PSP lineup but honestly, the only legit game I really want for it is Kingdom of Paradise, and even then it seems barely worth $40.

I can shoot you the NGCD emu (runs perfect,a few titles do not work w/sound),but you'll have to hunt down the ISOs yourself.

B-

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Ely13 said:

There are emulators for both. SNES does not run at full speed on alot of titles with sound. Some titles do like punch out. You have to clock the cpu at 333 and turn up frame skip to 3-4 almost be 100% on all titles. Frame skip is more noticable on some games. Others it is not

The NGCD emulator runs good for some games like metal slug 100%. Others it does not like twinkle star sprites. Really depends on the game

You can get the emulators at www.psp-spot.com or pspupdates.com