Official 3D Printing discussion and projects thread

lions3

Igniz's Servent
sure, send him a message if you like :)

Well the funny part is that he's not destroying the games. They would still work if you pulled the keychain loop off. If i'm not mistaken he's just drilling through the ground on the PCB.

Flavor

Saver,
Thanks for the heads-up about the thread, xsq.

It is true that we're sac'ing carts for their shells. That's why we're trying to "recycle" the cart PCBs as keychains. For the keychain, we don't drill at all. The NGP cart PCBs all have holes already. We do add the keychain ring and a rubber coating (to protect the board AND your pocket). The game would be playable if you removed the loop and peeled the rubber off.

I would definitely be interested in cart shells if they were precise enough to contain our circuit board and slide in/out of the actual NGPC console smoothly. I would even be willing to modify our cart PCB if it helped make the shell better to produce.

The Bung (AKA Mr. Flash) NGP cart shell design was slightly different from the official one. It might be easier to reproduce, as it has a more rounded "overhang." Because of the rounded top, our current PCB wouldn't fit in there as-is.

I'm sure you know what official carts look like, but here's a photo of the old Bung cart by my man, Gerry, who helped with the Flash Masta project in the past.
Ngpl5.jpg

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Thanks for the heads-up about the thread, xsq.

It is true that we're sac'ing carts for their shells. That's why we're trying to "recycle" the cart PCBs as keychains. For the keychain, we don't drill at all. The NGP cart PCBs all have holes already. We do add the keychain ring and a rubber coating (to protect the board AND your pocket). The game would be playable if you removed the loop and peeled the rubber off.

I would definitely be interested in cart shells if they were precise enough to contain our circuit board and slide in/out of the actual NGPC console smoothly. I would even be willing to modify our cart PCB if it helped make the shell better to produce.

The Bung (AKA Mr. Flash) NGP cart shell design was slightly different from the official one. It might be easier to reproduce, as it has a more rounded "overhang." Because of the rounded top, our current PCB wouldn't fit in there as-is.

I'm sure you know what official carts look like, but here's a photo of the old Bung cart by my man, Gerry, who helped with the Flash Masta project in the past.
View attachment 37310

Sent you a PM to see if/how I can help.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Just thought I'd let you all know flavor is apparently working on repro shells for his NGP(C) flash cart. Cool, right?
If any of you can help by test printing or improving on the design etc, visit the flashmasta blog, the files are linked there (thingiverse, CC BY-NC). Thanks.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I'd like to see a small AES shell for the Pi 3. People are making them for other retro consoles but I haven't seen one for the Neo yet.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
Would it be difficult to make good replacement for turboexpress that are missing there back pieces?