offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
You’re right, you’re a shitty wrestling fan attacking modern wrestling.
It wouldn't need to be attacked if it wasn't shitty. Which it is.

But by all means, continue watching 64 year old dudes hobbling around doing musical numbers and kidnapping storylines. Have fun watching a disinterested retired MMA fighter slowly driving a tractor during a fake fight.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member

But by all means, continue watching 64 year old dudes hobbling around doing musical numbers and kidnapping storylines. Have fun watching a disinterested retired MMA fighter slowly driving a tractor during a fake fight.
yGKftkG.jpg

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

How can you say that after that awesome match between Christian and Matt Hardy this past Wednesday night? Main event quality...at least it would've been 20+ years ago :tickled:

famicommander

15 Year Member
How can you say that after that awesome match between Christian and Matt Hardy this past Wednesday night? Main event quality...at least it would've been 20+ years ago :tickled:
At least Christian can still walk. He'll probably have dementia in a few years because of all the head injuries but Matt Hardy moves like a 95 year old man.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
At least Christian can still walk. He'll probably have dementia in a few years because of all the head injuries but Matt Hardy moves like a 95 year old man.
Both of them are almost the same age (Christian is 48, Matt is 47) and started wrestling in 94 but as appearances go, Matt looks way older and moves much slower. It showed in that match big time.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Both of them are almost the same age (Christian is 48, Matt is 47) and started wrestling in 94 but as appearances go, Matt looks way older and moves much slower. It showed in that match big time.
Christian had a doctor-imposed retirement from 2011-2020 due to head injuries. Matt Hardy was wrestling 5 days a week for pretty much that entire span.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Matt’s bump jar has to be close to empty by now.

Not a single modern fed holds my interest anymore. It’s a bummer.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Matt’s bump jar has to be close to empty by now.

Not a single modern fed holds my interest anymore. It’s a bummer.
You gotta go see some of the local feds with me in person. Much more entertaining that way

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE is saddened to learn that Gene LeBell has passed away at the age of 89.

A towering figure in the world of martial arts, LeBell was nicknamed “The Godfather of Grappling.” Training under legends Karl Gotch and Lou Thesz, LeBell went on to earn a 10th degree red belt in Judo and a 9th degree black belt in Ju-jitsu. LeBell trained some of combat sports most notorious fighters such as Chuck Norris, WWE Hall of Famer “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and current WWE Superstar Ronda Rousey.

An icon of professional wrestling, LeBell wrestled and promoted the National Wrestling Alliance’s Los Angeles territory, NWA Hollywood Wrestling, from 1968 through 1982. LeBell squared off against WWE Hall of Famer “High Chief” Peter Maivia, The Rock’s grandfather, in his last in-ring match in 1981. He also served as the referee for the infamous fight between Muhammad Ali and Antonio Inoki in 1976.

Throughout his lifetime, LeBell appeared in more than 1,000 films as either a stuntman or an actor and served as an inspiration for Brad Pitt’s Cliff Booth in the 2019 Quentin Tarantino film “Once Upon A Time in Hollywood.”

WWE extends its condolences to LeBell’s family, friends and countless fans.

famicommander

15 Year Member
LeBell was a titan in martial arts:
10th degree black belt in Judo (highest rank possible)
10th degree black belt in Kyokushin Budokai Karate (highest rank possible)
9th degree black belt in Jujitsu (second highest rank possible)
9th degree black belt it Taihojustu (second highest rank possible)
amateur boxer from age 7
catch wrestler from age 7

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
LeBell was a titan in martial arts:
10th degree black belt in Judo (highest rank possible)
10th degree black belt in Kyokushin Budokai Karate (highest rank possible)
9th degree black belt in Jujitsu (second highest rank possible)
9th degree black belt it Taihojustu (second highest rank possible)
amateur boxer from age 7
catch wrestler from age 7
Bryan Danielson's submission move used to be called the LeBell Lock early in his career in homage to him before changing it to the 'Yes' Lock in the WWE.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Vince McMahon fully aware of C.M. Punk pipe bomb promo content

Vince McMahon was fully aware of and approved the content’s of C.M. Punk’s pipe bomb promo in 2011.

During an interview with Ariel Helwani, former WWE writer, Brian Gewirtz, detailed what went into the promo segment and how real emotions reared its head into the story.

“The real element to that was C.M. Punk’s contract was coming up,” Gewirtz said. “And there were backstage tensions, you know, in terms in of performer and management, and not knowing whether Punk was going to re-sign or not. But in terms of the actual segment itself, whether you want to call it a worked shoot or what have you, that was something Vince and the company knew that we had it scheduled in segment 11 for C.M. Punk to come out and cut a promo.

“Punk brought so many elements of that to himself, in terms of sitting down as opposed to standing – I know he worked with Ed Koskey on it but the vast majority of it was coming from Punk’s heart and his brain,” Gewirtz said. “But at the same time, I know going into it there wasn’t anything he said or was going to say that was [unexpected]; I know he improvised a little on the spot, but Vince McMahon and everyone had a version of it in front of them. They knew when to cut the mic, knew to cut to Cena in the ring selling. It was part of a television show, but there were real life overtones to it, and real life passion into it. This wasn’t like Punk cut the promo, the mic went out, and then he’s giving everyone hugs backstage going, ‘Oh this is great, I can’t wait until next year.'”

C.M. Punk is the current AEW World Champion and returned to the company for the first time since Double or Nothing last week on AEW Dynamite. Punk had surgery to repair an injured foot, but appears fully recovered. He helped Jon Moxley fend off the Jericho Appreciation Society and then faced off with Moxley as the show went off the air.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So... apparently CM Punk is finally being called on the carpet for how he treats other wrestlers like shit? Seems like it's been years now that rumors have been around about how much of an asshole he is, and now that he nearly succeeded in getting Colt Cabana fired, half the locker room has told TK how much they hate the guy?

I don't watch much of their programming anymore because it's awful, but I can't help but be curious about AEW in that car crash way again when they have to hotshot their world title unification match because they're afraid that the champion may quit the company.

Meanwhile Hunter is busy hiring back all the good talent that Vince wouldn't keep. Shad Kahn ought to just literally burn his money in a fire.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Tony Khan is just Dixie Carter with way more of a budget. That's what it really comes down to. He's just a super rich wrestling fan playing with life size action figures. Punk figured out he can walk all over him so that's what he does.

Notable that Punk went to bat for Sasha Banks and Naomi for fighting WWE for fair treatment but he didn't have shit to say about Tony Khan turning Gresham heel, having him join and leave a bunch of random ass stables for no coherent reason, then doing an ROH world title change in the opening match and shortest match on the entire PPV card. Punk had nothing to say about Tony ghosting wrestlers for the last few months of their contracts instead of just being up front with them and telling them their deals won't be renewed.

Reactions: jro

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I've gotten so I generally enjoy Cornette's stuff but I think Punk is way outta line here.

And for real, even obvious as it's become that TK is a fucking moron-slash-mark, who'd have guessed that in less than three years into his company he'd have a civil war going on where his original shitty talent would be fighting against his imported actual talent?

Paul Levesque meanwhile like okay just hand me the win I won't complain.

Edit: handling of Gresham was indeed awful. Great worker, has charisma, gets over. I doubt it'll happen but man I'd love to see Hunter hire him and use right.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I think Impact is probably the best bet for a guy like Gresham and that's a scary and sad thought.

I wish anybody else had bought ROH but Khan or WWE. The presentation changes they made before they went down were great and really set their storytelling apart, in addition to having the best in-ring product by a wide margin ever since NJPW went off the rails a few years back.

Unfortunately they were too little, too late with those changes. They should have made those changes in 2018 instead of bringing Enzo and Cass and a live rap performance and an 8 second squash match to that G1 Supercard show with NJPW.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Someone let me know when there is a weekly show worth watching.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Someone let me know when there is a weekly show worth watching.
You may be waiting quite a while. WWE is still the same though the last couple of shows you can tell Vince's hand is no longer in the script. AEW is the new WWE Lite and NXT is NXT :p

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
There's no show that's completely entertaining but there are some good matches sprinkled in.

DVRs are the way to go.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
So...has anybody been watching the WWE Legends series on Sunday Night? You do find out some interesting facts like how many times Kurt Angle broke his friggin' neck (five times in a span of two years) and how fucked up Lex Luger's life really was plus how the formation of Degeneration X almost ruined Triple H's career (not to mention everyone else's lives associated with DX). This season is so much better than the previous season's offering IMO.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
So...Punk came back and lost the title to Moxley in under 5 minutes due to "injury". Did Punk reinjure his foot or took the fall and is being punished by Tony Khan? You decide!!! :unsure: