offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
AEW got 7 videos removed from Botchamania's Youtube channel today for copyright reasons. It could end up getting Botchamania a permanent ban from Youtube.

Really poor taste for AEW here. If you don't want your show on Botchamania, stop making terrible, botchy content. Don't be a bitch and attack them for pointing it out.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Impact last week: 0.05 rating, 145,000 viewers
Impact this week: 0.05 rating, 120,000 viewers

Turns out getting your babyface world champion pinned clean on your own show in your own ring by a heel champion from another promotion is worth about negative 25,000 net viewers.

I expect Impact will learn nothing.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Not a slam on AEW however I noticed quite a few more botched moves in the past few weeks. Many of them look like timing issues while some elaborate moves seem to be done in slow motion out of an abundance of caution.

famicommander

15 Year Member

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
RIP MLW if this happens.

ECW, Evolve, wXw, ICW, OVW, and Progress should all be cautionary tales. Hopefully Court Bauer isn't stupid enough to jump into bed with WWE.

I like Jim Cornette's comments on his frustrations in booking OVW when it was a WWE developmental.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
ROH posted a scarcely-seen Eddie Guerrero match from their archives today:

He only wrestled two matches for the promotion and his other one against Super Crazy was much more famous since it took place on the first ever ROH card.
I was at this show, man-let me tell you:
Murphy Rec was the best. People knew it could be over at any time, so they invested like nothing really seen since...short of NJPW shows a few years ago.

I was at the show where everyone chanted ‘Please don’t die.’ for Paul London v Michael Shane also. Lately I haven’t loved wrestling as much as back then.

famicommander

15 Year Member
How can Tamina Snuka be as bad as she is when her mother is an Anoa'i and her father is Jimmy Snuka?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Remember how they mailed Mickie James her belongings in a garbage bag after she was fired from WWE?

They did it to Chelsea Green too, except they mailed her Natalya's stuff. They didn't even fire Natalya.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I had no idea that there's an entire internet subculture devoted to Tony Khan and, uh, dogs.

famicommander

15 Year Member

Definitely check out Bandido vs Flamita and Tony Deppen vs Tracy Williams from this episode. The Kingdom vs Bruiser and Martin was okay but the other two matches were awesome.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How can Tamina Snuka be as bad as she is when her mother is an Anoa'i and her father is Jimmy Snuka?

Yeah, I was just reminiscing about all of those 5-star matches that Deuce and Domino put on back in mid-aughts smackdown.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yeah, I was just reminiscing about all of those 5-star matches that Deuce and Domino put on back in mid-aughts smackdown.
I don't remember them at all so they must not have been aggressively awful, at least.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bryan Danielson's WWE contract is actually expired, it's not a storyline. No word on if he plans to re-sign or if he has a 90 day no compete clause.

He has talked about wanting to work elsewhere a lot lately and we knew his contract expired sometime this year, but it had been reported that it wasn't expiring until September.

ROH needs to spend the cash and bring back their big three. Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, and Samoa Joe are all out there right now.

famicommander

15 Year Member
David Marquez is seemingly building an empire of indies, the United Wrestling Network.

Championship Wrestling From Hollywood - airing regularly on over 130 different local stations and streaming services
Championship Wrestling From Arizona - still on COVID hiatus, repackaging Hollywood stuff with local hosts for TV in the meantime
Championship Wrestling From Memphis - airing regularly on CW30 locally, just opened a new dedicated facility
Championship Wrestling From Atlanta - set to debut this summer on Peachtree TV, which used to air WCW Saturday Night

He is the majority owner of all four promotions and partners with local promoters to run them.

Also yesterday he posted a picture of a license to promote wrestling events in Oregon, so that's probably the next "Championship Wrestling From".

The Atlanta thing pissed off the NWA really bad. Marquez had been producing their TV show and doing interviews on-screen for them, but Billy Corgan had a bitch fit about Atlanta and never called Marquez for the NWA's restart. NWA Champion Nick Aldis has also blocked Marquez on Twitter. NWA tapes in Atlanta so they're super butthurt.

The last thing Marquez has to deliver on is reviving UWN Primetime Live as the national face of the brand. He ran some weekly PPVs under the banner last year but he says he wants the revival to be free. We'll see if he actually pulls it off.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The scoop on Danielson so far:
-WWE is pushing hard to re-sign him and many expect he will stay
-ROH is reaching out to him to try to sign him if possible or at minimum get him to come in for a few shows
-AEW is interested but are under the impression that he is staying in WWE

I hope he gets paid, wherever he goes.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Danielson can go from upstaging Edge recently in the WWE and going to AEW and upstaging Christian :tickled:

famicommander

15 Year Member
MLW debuted Dario Cueto today as the owner of Azteca Underground. He will be at their July season premiere at the ECW Arena.

Myron Reed also defeated Lio Rush to win back the MLW World Middleweight Title.

MLW announced an "open draft" on the episode. Basically that just means they're about to sign a bunch of talent with all the money from their new TV deals.

MLW will now go dark until their big premiere in July. That's when new content will begin airing on Vice.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Another wet fart ending to a hyped up match for AEW. Jericho taking a bump onto a crash pad with cardboard sheets covered in tinfoil.

famicommander

15 Year Member
ywlW1g.gif

"what if they ask what that giant grey thing that's never been there before is about?"

"Shut the fuck up"

"Okay, but aren't the fans obviously going to see it's a crashpad underneath when fatass Jericho crashes through it?"

"...Shut the fuck up"

• Haha
Reactions: Syn

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Another wet fart ending to a hyped up match for AEW. Jericho taking a bump onto a crash pad with cardboard sheets covered in tinfoil.
I watched that match and went yeah, I coulda taken that bump this afternoon.

AEW is uniquely awful in that they have a lifelong fan as head booker who occasionally lucks into great matches (i.e. anything with PAC, Lucha Brothers, Kenny Omega not being overly annoying), and way, way too many guys on every goddamn show. They're good for one match per week but shit otherwise. That Jericho bump was so sad. Proud and Powerful finally looking like a million bucks, Hager and Wardlow not looking too awful, Sammy bumping like a mofo, and then that.

Clearly no one can overrule Tony Khan's bad decisions. It's like they get 80% of the way there so many times then just shit their pants at the finish line.

Never thought I'd get to preferring Impact, but here I is.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Impact is still pretty intolerable. They're AEW's bitch at this point.

NJPW has also gone completely off the rails.

Hopefully MLW comes out firing on all cylinders in July because otherwise ROH is all alone as the sole competent promotion putting out English content regularly.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bubba Dudley and Booker T are both calling out how stupid Impact is for putting their belt on Kenny and Kenny for having Michael Nakazawa carry his Impact and AAA title belts instead of wearing them himself.

I didn't even see that part, I was watching MLW until the main event started.

famicommander

15 Year Member
ROH is taping again this week, still doing the bubble format.

Hopefully we see Andrade/La Sombra pop up. But they've been really good at keeping surprises a secret with no fans in attendance, so we might not know if he's there until it airs if it does happen.

famicommander

15 Year Member
AEW popped a big rating last night, a 0.42 with 1.09 million viewers. It was the #1 show on cable television for the first time ever.

They keep doing shit like this. Popping a big audience and delivering the worst possible shit they can muster. I'd be shocked if they are able to stay over 1 million for next week.