offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
You really must have given up if you need to deflect from the topic that hard.

I'm still waiting to hear the legendary title lineage of the Dragon Gate belt that puts it up with the triple crown. Haha.
Everyone was clammering to get a shot against Magnitude Kishiwada...

Dragon Gate is more popular than the #3 through #6 promotions in Japan combined. They are bigger than every promotion in the world except WWE, AEW, NJPW, and CMLL. NOAH fell so far that they got bought out by DDT's parent company and the only reason AJPW hasn't been bought out is because the rights to their video library are partially owned by their present and past TV partners.

You said yourself that it's been 20 years since AJPW was relevant. WCW was still in business the last time the Triple Crown belt was relevant. You may as well be on here talking up the NWA title.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Dragon Gate is more popular than the #3 through #6 promotions in Japan combined. They are bigger than every promotion in the world except WWE, AEW, NJPW, and CMLL. NOAH fell so far that they got bought out by DDT's parent company and the only reason AJPW hasn't been bought out is because the rights to their video library are partially owned by their present and past TV partners.

You said yourself that it's been 20 years since AJPW was relevant. WCW was still in business the last time the Triple Crown belt was relevant. You may as well be on here talking up the NWA title.

Now there we go, a sensible response.

I don't know where you get or make up these, "this promotion is ranked #3 or #6 or so on in Japan"
In today's wrestling, in Japan there is no #2 promotion, there is only NJPW and that's all that the casual fan is aware of, everything else is completely irrelevant. Not saying they don't have their loyal fan base, but its not like the actual multiple major promotions of the 90's. The last time there was actually a #2 promotion in Japan, it was back in 2009, and it was NJPW, NOAH was #1 before Misawa died.

And yes, at this point you might as well put the GHC and Triple Crown with the NWA title, because they really don't mean anything today, but regardless, that doesn't change the fact that when somebody is talking about winning all 3 major Puro titles in Japan, that is the obvious belts they are talking about. Not to mention who held those belts in the past is not erased, nor even comparable to previous Dragon Gate champions, much less DDT.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
This^.

In true Promotion/Fan interaction of old; the story of Muta’s last shot, at the last belt he needs to enter rarified ranks-has been laid out.

-He’s too old.

-Go is too good.

**The chance the ultimate Cinderella ending for Muta & me (as someone that has admired his work since 1988) is too big for me to pass up...so, I ordered the PPV.**

This is the last hurrah, of Wrestling as I like it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Now there we go, a sensible response.

I don't know where you get or make up these, "this promotion is ranked #3 or #6 or so on in Japan"
In today's wrestling, in Japan there is no #2 promotion, there is only NJPW and that's all that the casual fan is aware of, everything else is completely irrelevant. Not saying they don't have their loyal fan base, but its not like the actual multiple major promotions of the 90's. The last time there was actually a #2 promotion in Japan, it was back in 2009, and it was NJPW, NOAH was #1 before Misawa died.

And yes, at this point you might as well put the GHC and Triple Crown with the NWA title, because they really don't mean anything today, but regardless, that doesn't change the fact that when somebody is talking about winning all 3 major Puro titles in Japan, that is the obvious belts they are talking about. Not to mention who held those belts in the past is not erased, nor even comparable to previous Dragon Gate champions, much less DDT.

Dragon Gate is on Gaora TV every single week and they are capable of consistently drawing in the thousands. You don't know shit, but that's par for the course.

EDIT: in 2019 Dragon Gate drew roughly 1/3 the amount of fans that NJPW did. Considering NJPW did over 10% of their total attendance for the year at Wrestle Kingdom, the week to week difference between the two isn't that big.

Dragon Gate is WAY closer to NJPW than AEW+ROH+Impact+MLW combined would be to WWE.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
-AEW's Danny Limelight has the ronas

-Kenny King has re-signed with Ring of Honor

-The episode of MLW Fusion that is starting now features a title vs title match (AAA Cruiserweight vs MLW Middleweight, Laredo Kid vs Lio Rush)

-NJPW's new English show starts on the Roku Channel in the US, UK, Ireland, and Canada tomorrow at 5:00 Eastern and will be available on demand

-Impact has announced a new weekly hour-long preshow that will air before Impact. It will be called Before the Impact. It will feature Josh Mathews so be forewarned.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Dragon Gate is on Gaora TV every single week and they are capable of consistently drawing in the thousands. You don't know shit, but that's par for the course.

EDIT: in 2019 Dragon Gate drew roughly 1/3 the amount of fans that NJPW did. Considering NJPW did over 10% of their total attendance for the year at Wrestle Kingdom, the week to week difference between the two isn't that big.

Dragon Gate is WAY closer to NJPW than AEW+ROH+Impact+MLW combined would be to WWE.

haha Gaora, seriously? Gaora is a 3rd rate satellite channel that barely anyone watches, and your going to bring that up? I wouldn't crow about that. New Japan comes on TVAsahi, which is at least one of the big networks in Japan, even if for only 30 mins or an hour. There is literally no comparison. Noah went to Gaora to die after they lost their TV deal with NTV.

Par for the course is another post from you talking about shit you don't have a clue about and making yourself look like a dope.

famicommander

15 Year Member
haha Gaora, seriously? Gaora is a 3rd rate satellite channel that barely anyone watches, and your going to bring that up? I wouldn't crow about that. New Japan comes on TVAsahi, which is at least one of the big networks in Japan, even if for only 30 mins or an hour. There is literally no comparison. Noah went to Gaora to die after they lost their TV deal with NTV.

Par for the course is another post from you talking about shit you don't have a clue about and making yourself look like a dope.

Again, they drew about 1/3 the amount of fans NJPW did for 2019. That's a solid #2 and your commentary doesn't change that at all. They're a more legitimate #2 in Japan than AEW is in the US. Your mindset that just because there's a big gap between #1 and #2 means that none of the other competitors count is nonsense. If a guy finishes a race way ahead of everybody else, the person who finishes second is still #2 and the person who finishes third is still #3 even if he finishes way later than #2. The fact of the matter is that Dragon Gate checks all the boxes for a major promotion. They draw fans, they tour year round, they have PPVs, they have TV, they have a streaming service, they sign talent to exclusive contracts, they pay a living wage.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Again, they drew about 1/3 the amount of fans NJPW did for 2019. That's a solid #2 and your commentary doesn't change that at all. They're a more legitimate #2 in Japan than AEW is in the US. Your mindset that just because there's a big gap between #1 and #2 means that none of the other competitors count is nonsense. If a guy finishes a race way ahead of everybody else, the person who finishes second is still #2 and the person who finishes third is still #3 even if he finishes way later than #2. The fact of the matter is that Dragon Gate checks all the boxes for a major promotion. They draw fans, they tour year round, they have PPVs, they have TV, they have a streaming service, they sign talent to exclusive contracts, they pay a living wage.

Dragon Gate is Number 1 of the Indy's. You can tell me whatever bullshit you want, It don't make a difference.

Please show me where you are getting the info on what Dragon Gate pays wrestlers, and that its a living wage. That I would love to see.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dragon Gate is Number 1 of the Indy's. You can tell me whatever bullshit you want, It don't make a difference.

Please show me where you are getting the info on what Dragon Gate pays wrestlers, and that its a living wage. That I would love to see.

You don't even know what an indie is.

Indies are not owned by giant corporations. Indies do not sign talent to contracts. Indies do not have their own streaming services. Indies do not have TV deals.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
You don't even know what an indie is.

Indies are not owned by giant corporations. Indies do not sign talent to contracts. Indies do not have their own streaming services. Indies do not have TV deals.

Dragon Gate is indy.

where is the Dragon Gate pay scale info?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dragon Gate is indy.

where is the Dragon Gate pay scale info?

The word independent. Look it up. If your company is a subsidiary of a much larger corporation, by definition it is not independent.

You're on crack if you think an indie promotion is capable of drawing anywhere close to 1/3 of what NJPW draws. There's a reason Shingo Takagi was a star from day one in NJPW. All the fans already knew who he was. If he were from an actual indie nobody would have cared when he popped up in NJPW.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
The word independent. Look it up. If your company is a subsidiary of a much larger corporation, by definition it is not independent.

You're on crack if you think an indie promotion is capable of drawing anywhere close to 1/3 of what NJPW draws. There's a reason Shingo Takagi was a star from day one in NJPW. All the fans already knew who he was. If he were from an actual indie nobody would have cared when he popped up in NJPW.

Yeah I know what independent means. It means a company like Dragon Gate is independent from a major company like New Japan.

Now lets see those pay scales you have. I'm dying to see the living wage Dragon Gate pays.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Who cares how big they are?

If you enjoy it, what does it matter?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
giphy.gif

Y’all two fami & Lee, back on topic please. Muta’s moment is soon!!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I really like Thunder Rosa.

I hope that AEW builds the women's division around here.
-I would.

The tournament they're running right now has me cautiously optimistic that the women's division will soon suck less and less. Rosa/Hirsch was really good on last night's show, and going all in on so much Japanese talent makes me think maybe TK and the EVPs finally realized how bad the division had gotten.

Rosa ought to be the centerpiece, agreed. I really like Britt Baker as the top heel, but Rosa's more talented overall.

Also, Leyla Hirsch's stature combined with the size of her thighs, that woman's a beast. Darn fine worker for how young she is, too.

famicommander

15 Year Member
58 year old Muta wins the GHC belt.

48 year old Edge challenging for the title at Mania.

62 year old Sting going to wrestle on AEW PPV.

50 year old Tommy Dreamer main eventing a PPV for the title.

56 year old Savio Vega in one of the main angles in MLW.

What the fuck is going on in wrestling these days?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Experience, if you’re rational; relevancy, if you’re critical.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I admire Go even more now.

He was so careful, but still doled out punishment.

Some people are saying he slipped on the second rope driver; however, Muta landed safe and flush. I think it was masterful selling of the leg punishment by Go.

That wasn’t the finish I expected;however, I’ll give it to them. Not much better could be done, given Muta’s age.

Congratulations!!

Keiji Mutoh/The Great Muta becomes the only man to hold IWGP, Triple Crown, GHC and NWA World Titles.

d98bafc5834e8ac0d6f3aecab99079dc.jpg

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Experience, if you’re rational; relevancy, if you’re critical.

Every one of those guys should be retired or working undercard tag matches with the young guys.

The average age of Royal Rumble participants this year was over 39. Only two people under 30 were even in the match. All the recent NXT call ups are over 35.

The Rock and HHH were in their 20s when they got their main event pushes. But WWE sucks so much shit now they can't develop stars at all. They just wait for someone else to develop them and then sign them after they're already used up and broken down.