offical wwe thread

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Nick Aldis says the plan for the future of NWA is to build around 56 year old Tim Storm and 42 year old Eljiah Burke and it is in no way alarming that everyone that any other promotion wants is signing elsewhere as soon as they legally can.

lol

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
NWA isn't a traditional wrestling promotion. They are more like a traditional booking agency.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
NWA isn't a traditional wrestling promotion. They are more like a traditional booking agency.

A booking agency actively seeks out bookings for their talents in exchange for a percentage of their pay.

NWA sits around and does nothing while their talent books their own indie appearances, then takes a percentage of their pay. When Thunder Rosa was their women's champion she had to auction off autographed, ring-worn gear online just so that she had enough cash to fix her car so that she could drive to her next indie booking (which Billy Corgan pocketed his 15% of).

When Corgan bought NWA he said it was going to be a major wrestling promotion. He wanted to have a weekly television show, a touring business, a merch store, regular PPVs, etc.

Right now the NWA is literally just a Youtube account, a few talents, and a couple belts.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I bet John Morrison is sad he went back to WWE.

During the time he was away from WWE, he won:
AAA Mega Championship
AAA World Cruiserweight Championship
AAA Latin American Championship
Lucha Underground Championship
Lucha Underground Gift of the Gods Championship
Lucha Underground Trios Championship
Impact Wrestling World Championship

Won 3 different major world titles, held the top 3 titles in AAA simultaneously, won the triple crown in 2 major promotions.

Now he's back dragging that worthless piece of dead weight garbage The Miz around and they're going to have a tag team match with a rapper named Bad Bunny at Wrestlemania.

For his sake I hope he's cashing some big checks.

famicommander

15 Year Member
SwannDreamer-1536x864.jpg

How is Tommy Dreamer in a world title PPV main event in 2021?
How is Rich Swann in a world title PPV main event ever?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Damn, I thought Mr. Kendo stick himself retired in the early 2000's, at least by 2010.

He was actually still pretty good in 2010. His style of hardcore brawling, power moves, and taking punishment aged a lot better than many of the super athletic types. But that was when he was 39, not 50, and these last few years he just keeps on putting on weight and doing less and less. He's morphing into mid 2000s Terry Funk both physically and figuratively.

Some guys can still do it after 50. Minoru Suzuki is still ridiculous. Christopher Daniels can still go. Jushin Liger retired at like 55 and still wrestled like he did at 35.

But guys like Dreamer and Jericho need to hang it up. They're both visibly worse than they were just a few years ago.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
SwannDreamer-1536x864.jpg

How is Tommy Dreamer in a world title PPV main event in 2021?
How is Rich Swann in a world title PPV main event ever?

Swann, to me, is one of the weirdest things going in pro wrestling. He's nearly completely free of charisma, is actively bad at promos, is a decent but not great worker, and the company seems to know it but they still have their top belt on him anyway. Oh, plus the legal issues that got him fired from WWE. I assume the only reason that he hasn't jobbed it to Moose yet is because D'Amore would rather not feed a guy that's worth anything to Kenny Omega but has no such reservations about doing so with Swann.

edit: agreed on the old guys. I'm hoping that Jericho winds it down. Get the inevitable face turn over with, maybe pin MJF one last time (though I suppose vets generally go out on their backs for a young guy, which would be better), then retire and do commentary or agent/exec work. That lionsault a few weeks ago where he landed on his head, don't need to see any more of that.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
The last thing AEW needs is more bodies on commentary. Jericho could be a great heel manager if he wanted. Otherwise he can fuck off back to WWE or his shitty band.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
NWA sits around and does nothing while their talent books their own indie appearances, then takes a percentage of their pay. When Thunder Rosa was their women's champion she had to auction off autographed, ring-worn gear online just so that she had enough cash to fix her car so that she could drive to her next indie booking (which Billy Corgan pocketed his 15% of).

That sounds like a traditional booking office to me.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I really like Thunder Rosa.

I hope that AEW builds the women's division around here.
-I would.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I really like Thunder Rosa.

I hope that AEW builds the women's division around here.
-I would.

She deserves to hit it big.

She was great in Lucha Underground but most of the roster didn't make shit there.
Then she was in ROH during the worst year the women's division ever had, which necessitated the upcoming reboot
She was in Women of Wrestling when Impact's parent company bought the channel it aired on and booted them off of it
Then she went to NWA and had to sell ring gear to keep her car running
Now she's in AEW but she can't actually sign there until her NWA contract is up, which is why the NWA women's title has been on AEW TV. So AEW could use Rosa.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That lionsault a few weeks ago where he landed on his head, don't need to see any more of that.

And he knows better, is the thing.

The same move that paralyzed and led to the premature death of Hayabusa...(when H still had his youth and springs)-nobody in Jericho’s shape should be doing that.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rush and Dragon Lee have both officially re-signed with Ring of Honor and their father La Bestia del Ring has signed his first ROH contract. I wonder if the third brother, Mistico II (the good one, not Sin Cara), will be brought in.

famicommander

15 Year Member
https://www.fite.tv/watch/destination-2021-back-to-budokan/2p8nk/

0c41134699cb54f5e48a6ca850f7cb1e.jpg

Muta’s last chance, for GHC gold. Can he be the third man in history, to win all three of Japan’s major singles titles?

Let’s find out this Friday morning, at 2:30am EST!!

Pretty odd definition of three major singles titles. I assume you mean NJPW's IWGP Heavyweight Championship, AJPW's Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship, and Pro Wrestling NOAH's GHC Heavyweight Championship. But at this point Dragon Gate is bigger than AJPW and NOAH combined, and has been for quite some time. AJPW and NOAH may not even be bigger than NOAH's sister promotion DDT.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
The ROH TV episode for February 27th will feature Rush vs Shane Taylor for the ROH World Championship and The Foundation (Lethal and Gresham) defending the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Their opponents have not yet been announced but the Kingdom (Taven and Bennett) are the top ranked challengers right now. Kenny King and Dragon Lee are also highly ranked, but Kenny missed this set of tapings due to COVID.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Pretty odd definition of three major singles titles. I assume you mean NJPW's IWGP Heavyweight Championship, AJPW's Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship, and Pro Wrestling NOAH's GHC Heavyweight Championship. But at this point Dragon Gate is bigger than AJPW and NOAH combined, and has been for quite some time. AJPW and NOAH may not even be bigger than NOAH's sister promotion DDT.

What's odd is considering Dragon gate, a Junior heavyweight promotion and DDT, a homoerotic promotion, major promotions. Or somehow their titles would hold the prestige and legacy of the Triple Crown, just because AJPW has been all but dead for 20 years.

Only Takayama and Kensuke held all three MAJOR titles at a time when that meant something, not goof promotions that have meaningless titles. And right now the only Promotion that has any relevancy in Japan is NJPW.

famicommander

15 Year Member
What's odd is considering Dragon gate, a Junior heavyweight promotion and DDT, a homoerotic promotion, major promotions. Or somehow their titles would hold the prestige and legacy of the Triple Crown, just because AJPW has been all but dead for 20 years.

Only Takayama and Kensuke held all three MAJOR titles at a time when that meant something, not goof promotions that have meaningless titles. And right now the only Promotion that has any relevancy in Japan is NJPW.

Shouldn't you be furiously masturbating to a poster of Bob Sapp or something?

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
You care enough to interrupt your masturbating to fake MMA to respond.

When you have no argument, the best you can do is name call. I'll wait until you have something interesting to say. I have a feeling it will be something about Bob Sapp....

famicommander

15 Year Member
When you have no argument, the best you can do is name call. I'll wait until you have something interesting to say. I have a feeling it will be something about Bob Sapp....

I didn't call you a name.

If you don't want me to bring up your fake super heavyweight MMA fetish we could always talk about how you thought Tenshin Nasukawa might KO Floyd Mayweather and then Floyd literally beat him until he cried.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
I didn't call you a name.

If you don't want me to bring up your fake super heavyweight MMA fetish we could always talk about how you thought Tenshin Nasukawa might KO Floyd Mayweather and then Floyd literally beat him until he cried.

You really must have given up if you need to deflect from the topic that hard.

I'm still waiting to hear the legendary title lineage of the Dragon Gate belt that puts it up with the triple crown. Haha.
Everyone was clammering to get a shot against Magnitude Kishiwada...