offical wwe thread

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
The AEW Heavyweight belt is a Dave Millican "maker of the WWF Winged Engle/IC, ROH 2013 belts and IWGP heavyweight" belt that is why it looks so nice. They got the other belts from a seller that had them made in Pakistan.

Winged Eagle, now that's a belt!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Well, Impact got their world champion pinned by the AEW champion cleanly, in the middle of their own ring, in the main event of their own PPV.

Fits right in line with having Tony and Tony come on their show every week and completely bury the product and their fans. It really is weird to see booking like that, feels like at some point Impact needs to paint the AEW guys as the clear heels in the storyline or something, just feels kinda aimless and pointless as is. I mean, make it clear that Tony and Tony are being assholes and are to be booed, not agreed with, like they're sort of presented now. Make it clear that Impact isn't supposed to be considered inferior to AEW by the fans. I dunno.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Another damn fine episode of ROH TV this week:
Rhett Titus vs Flip Gordon in a Pure Rules match
Dragon Lee (c) vs Rey Horus for the ROH World Television Championship

Hopefully they expand the show to two hours soon because it's the best current wrestling show by a massive margin. MLW has been disappointing lately, Dynamite is very hit/miss, Dark is 3 hours of B show stuff, Impact is pretty bad, and WWE is completely unwatchable.

NJPW's new show is supposed to be announced soon. Should be good if it's like the old AXS show.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
NJPW would be better than the AXS show if it’s more current, but recaps are alright.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Madison Rayne has confirmed her retirement. She just finished a four year degree and is getting a real job (not sure in what field). She is just shy of her 35th birthday.

Her resume:
5X TNA Knockouts Champion
2X TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion
7 titles won in the indies/developmental territories
TNA/Impact 2008-2021 (400+ total matches)
Ring of Honor 2008, 2017-2020 (18 total matches)
WWE: 2018 (1 total match)
Indies: 2005-2012, 2014-2015, 2017-2020 (150+ total matches)

Also announced today was the return of ODB to Impact.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Madison Rayne has confirmed her retirement. She just finished a four year degree and is getting a real job (not sure in what field). She is just shy of her 35th birthday.
Perhaps some day shy of your 35th birthday you'll get a real job and move out of your mom's house.

JK. That won't happen.

Last edited:

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug

Her resume:
5X TNA Knockouts Champion
2X TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champion
7 titles won in the indies/developmental territories
TNA/Impact 2008-2021 (400+ total matches)
Ring of Honor 2008, 2017-2020 (18 total matches)
WWE: 2018 (1 total match)
Indies: 2005-2012, 2014-2015, 2017-2020 (150+ total matches)

Also announced today was the return of ODB to Impact.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Another damn fine episode of ROH TV this week:
Rhett Titus vs Flip Gordon in a Pure Rules match
Dragon Lee (c) vs Rey Horus for the ROH World Television Championship

Hopefully they expand the show to two hours soon because it's the best current wrestling show by a massive margin. MLW has been disappointing lately, Dynamite is very hit/miss, Dark is 3 hours of B show stuff, Impact is pretty bad, and WWE is completely unwatchable.

NJPW's new show is supposed to be announced soon. Should be good if it's like the old AXS show.

What is currently ROH and NJPW working status?

famicommander

15 Year Member
What is currently ROH and NJPW working status?

Unknown. We'll have a better idea after COVID.

I don't think they need each other as much anymore. NJPW can get their own TV exposure and ROH is better off focusing on their own talent. I think they should still do one or two supercards per year but there's no reason to constantly feature NJPW talent or do several joint tours per year anymore.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Quite liking D'Lo Brown in particular on commentary on Impact. He and Striker have a much better sense of how much excitement/intensity any given call actually requires than Matthews ever did, and both sound much more genuine in their delivery.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I didn't watch Impact last night but D'Lo and Striker had a few screw ups at Hard to Kill. Nothing major and still a vast improvement over Mathews, though. They should settle into being a very good team.

The show itself still sucked, though, which is why I didn't watch Impact last night.

MLW has started offering their talents 3-5 year contracts with significant pay bumps. Previously their talent signed for anywhere between 6 months and 2 years. The reason for the increase is said to be increased money from MLW's deal with DAZN.

Also, the MLW World Tag Team Championship will now be defended under the Freebird Rule with LA Park and his sons LA Park Jr and El Hijo de LA Park. They are supposed to defend the belts in AAA as well, whenever they start running shows again.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Last night's Impact pulled their lowest rating since mid November. They buried their world title and their entire promotion and TV network and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Last night's Impact pulled their lowest rating since mid November. They buried their world title and their entire promotion and TV network and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Stupidity transcends ownership!

What the fuck were they thinking?!?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Impact made the same mistake they always make. They sacrificed credibility for a short term splash move. They always try to take short cuts and it usually bites them in the ass.

MLW was pretty solid this week. Much better than recent episodes.

Sting will officially debut in-ring for AEW at Revolution on February 27. He and Darby Allin will face Brian Cage and Ricky Starks in a street fight. 62 years old and coming off a serious neck injury. Please don't die, Sting.

Below is the updated list of confirmed topics for season three of Dark Side of the Ring:
* Brian Pillman (season premiere, Steve Austin interviewed)
* FMW (Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling)
* XPW (Xtreme Pro Wrestling)
* Nick Gage
* WCW/NJPW Collision In (North) Korea event from 1995
* The Smith Family (Grizzly Smith and his children – Sam Houston, Rockin’ Robin, Jake Roberts)
* Ion Croitoru (aka Bruiser Bedlam and Johnny K-9)
* Chris Kanyon

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I also read that there is going to be a Dark Side episode on Dynamite Kid.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Sting'll hit folks with a bat a few times and take a few light bumps against cars, if I had to guess. Allin'll probably let Cage throw him through a dozen windshields to make up for it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Sting'll hit folks with a bat a few times and take a few light bumps against cars, if I had to guess. Allin'll probably let Cage throw him through a dozen windshields to make up for it.

It sounds like it might be a cinematic match. Probably the safest way to go.

Still, it's a joke that AEW presents itself as an alternative to WWE. It's 2021 and the the biggest star in AEW is Sting while the biggest star in WWE is Bill Goldberg. Why do these promotions work so hard to remind you that they're not as good as promotions 23 years ago were?

Guys in their 60s shouldn't be wrestling. At all. At most some heel manager tactics taking cheap shots at the active talent.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ryback has said he is returning to a major wrestling company that isn't WWE.

I would guess AEW or Impact. He's a terrible wrestler so he'd never make it in ROH or NJPW and I doubt MLW could afford him anyway.

Whichever promotion signed him deserves to be laughed at.

famicommander

15 Year Member
WWE Network is being shut down in the US. All of its content will be folded into Peacock in mid-March. Comcast reportedly paid over 1 billion dollars for a five year deal.

I get Peacock for free with my Comcast subscription but I still ain't sitting through twelve hours of Wrestlemania.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I only just found out that I've still got (and paying for) a WWE network account. I thought I closed it a year or so ago. I haven't watched a fresh PPV in a 2-3 years. For a while, I watched mostly 80's NWA and early 90's WCW stuff.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I only just found out that I've still got (and paying for) a WWE network account. I thought I closed it a year or so ago. I haven't watched a fresh PPV in a 2-3 years. For a while, I watched mostly 80's NWA and early 90's WCW stuff.

Congratulations, you funded the y'allqaeda insurrection

famicommander

15 Year Member
ROH TV was killer again this week.

Josh Woods vs Dalton Castle in a Pure Rules match, The Foundation (Lethal, Gresham, Williams) vs Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor, Moses, Kaun)

Shane Taylor has quickly become one of the best promo guys in the entire business. Go out of your way to watch his recent work if you haven't seen it. This guy is becoming a star right before our eyes. He'll be ROH World Champion soon if they have any sense.

EDIT:
Today's episode of Week by Week:

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Trey Miguel returned to Impact rather than debuting on NXT with his former stable mates Zachary Wentz and Desmond Xavier.

Turns out it's because HHH is an assbag. Trey's sister gave birth to a very premature son who had to be kept in isolation until he grew into a normal, healthy state. Trey chose to stay with his sister and support her rather than immediately sign with WWE, so HHH went to the media and questioned Trey's passion and said he wasn't "all in" for the wrestling business. Trey basically responded by telling WWE to fuck off and went back to Impact.

famicommander

15 Year Member

This 3 minute promo by a Dojo student is more character work than anybody in WWE does in a year.

ROH is back to being the gold standard in professional wrestling, like they were in their prime and like they always should have been.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug

This 3 minute promo by a Dojo student is more character work than anybody in WWE does in a year.

ROH is back to being the gold standard in professional wrestling, like they were in their prime and like they always should have been.

Funniest video, and cringiest comment I've seen so far this year.