offical wwe thread

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
This is where grave would tell someone they're crazy.

Kinda miss that. Diverse opinions always make for a better thread. WWE could put out the greatest ppv ever and Fami would shred it. Doesn't mean he's not right behind Arcade for great posts in this thread.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

Kinda miss that. Diverse opinions always make for a better thread. WWE could put out the greatest ppv ever and Fami would shred it. Doesn't mean he's not right behind Arcade for great posts in this thread.

As I've gotten older and aged with this site, I've come to realize that there are some hills that aren't worth dying on.

Getting into an internet debate with someone over pro wrestling is, by far, one of the biggest wastes of time I could ever think of. So I just state my thoughts, which I stand by, and if people want to disagree, it's cool.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

Then he'd verbally fellate Brock Lesnar so hard it'd be like, damn, the roof of you mouth gon' get blown out son, be careful.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Final Battle 2017 card (contains minor TV spoilers)
Spoiler:

ROH World Championship match: Cody Rhodes (c) vs Dalton Castle
ROH World Television Championship Four Way Elimination match: Kenny King (c) vs Silas Young vs Punishment Martinez vs Shane Taylor
ROH World Tag Team Championship match: The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) (c) vs Best Friends (Trent Baretta and Chuck Taylor)
ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championship match: Adam Page and the Young Bucks (c) vs Flip Gordon, CMLL World Lightweight Champion Dragon Lee, and Titan
Jay Lethal vs IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Marty Scurll
Matt Taven vs Will Ospreay
The Briscoes vs Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer
The Addiction (Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels) vs War Machine (Hanson and Ray Rowe)

December 15

This is going to be a hell of a show.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
fb-6man.png

This motherfucking match right here, man. If this match were a drug, I would freebase it. I

famicommander

15 Year Member
Women of Honor Wednesday:

No Throwback Thursday or Future of Honor Friday this week.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So Konnan has been fired from The Crash Lucha Libre (the hottest indie in Mexico right now), reportedly for not telling them he was going to write for another new lucha start up. Konnan had been the head writer, booker, and producer for Crash.

The new lucha start up he is working with is going to be called AroLucha, and it will be owned by Aroluxe. If the same sounds familiar, it's because they're the production company that was involved in the Impact sale last year. Though Anthem ended up with 85% and Dixie Carter kept 5%, Aroluxe did end up with the remaining 10%. So Konnan should be able to continue working for Impact at least.

The idea behind AroLucha was to replace Lucha Underground with a more family-friendly product shot in the same manner. But they are apparently still going through with it even though Lucha Underground miraculously got renewed for another season, so we'll see how it goes.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I want to know who the emergency backer is for Lucha Underground.

It has to be someone with money to blow.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Broken Matt is the only thing that might threaten to convince me to watch WWE any time in the near future.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Broken Matt is the only thing that might threaten to convince me to watch WWE any time in the near future.

Spoiler alert: it's not going to be as good as it was before. Also it seems Bray Wyatt will be involved, which automatically means it's gonna suck ass because he's a fat talentless hack with a cool entrance

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Oh, I know. I read the recap and went from hey cool to oh, nevermind in the course of what, half a sentence.

Knowing he almost certainly had no limits on the character in TNA versus a shitload of limits in WWE combined with one of the most boring possible choices to work with, yeah, not great. I'm glad he's getting a shot at trying it, but I don't have high expectations.

famicommander

15 Year Member
oh my god

AroLucha has signed Vince Russo as a script consultant

So their creative team consists of:
Violent, bipolar egomaniac Konnan
Ron and Don Harris, who both have Nazi SS tattoos
and Vince fucking Russo

And they're supposed to be producing a TVPG show

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Hire Jim Herd.

Juicer, Ding Dongs (was it Ding a Lings) and the hunchbacks!

Edit RIP Art Barr aka Juicer

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
It’s fitting that Sumie Sakai is billed as “Women of Honor’s Ray of Sunshine,” because the Japanese wrestling star is doing all she can to brighten up the life of a special 9-year-old girl from Philadelphia.

This past July, young Samarra Pirrong -- Sammy for short -- was diagnosed with stage IV Wilms Tumor, a type of cancer that starts in the kidneys. Over the past several months, Sammy has undergone multiple surgeries in which her tumors and right kidney were removed and a feeding tube was inserted. She’s also endured chemotherapy and radiations treatments and had about 30 blood transfusions.

Sakai found out about Sammy on Twitter and reached out to her. Sakai has visited Sammy at her home and at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, and she keeps in touch with Sammy and her mother via text messages.

“I have friends who are fighting cancer in Japan, but unfortunately I cannot go there to visit them,” said Sakai, who resides in the Northeast. “But I can go see Sammy. I found out she lives in Philly, and I wanted to go see her and tell her that I am cheering for her and thinking of her. When I visited Sammy at the hospital she was not feeling good, but she gave me a gorgeous smile.”

At the Final Battle pay-per-view Dec. 15 in New York City and ROH’s International TV Taping Dec. 16 in Philadelphia, Sakai and Ring of Honor star Cheeseburger -- Sammy’s favorite wrestler -- will be raising money to help Sammy’s family with medical and other expenses by selling “Sammy Strong” bracelets at the merchandise table and offering a meet and greet picture for $5. All of the proceeds go directly to Sammy and her family.

The last time ROH was in Philadelphia for a live event, in October, Sakai arranged for Sammy and her family to be her guests at the show and meet all the stars of ROH.

“I don’t have family in the USA, but ROH is my family and my home, and Sammy is my family, too,” Sakai said.“I wanted to invite Sammy and introduce everyone at ROH to this special, powerful girl. Sammy was crying when she was leaving the arena. She was so happy.”

Sakai’s love for Sammy also was on display at ROH’s Global Wars 2017 tour stop in Chicago that month. Sakai came to the ring for her match wearing a “Sammy Strong” t-shirt and she dedicated her victory over Stacy Shadows to Sammy.

This past Sunday, Sammy attended an independent wrestling show in New Jersey that her friend Sakai was competing on.

“Sammy went to the ER before the show day,” Sakai said. “I know she was not feeling good, but she still came to cheer for me. Her smile gave me so much power!”

It’s obvious that “Women of Honor’s Ray of Sunshine” now has her own little ray of sunshine in her life.

If you’d like to make a donation to Sammy’s GoFundMe campaign, click here
sumie-rotor_0.png

iop3bvhx1uw7p69miy869bsy49mumqgp.png
http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/woh-star-sumie-sakai-forms-friendship-young-girl-battling-cancer

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Via PWTorch:

Rich Swann, a member of the WWE Cruiserweight Division and 205 Live, has been indefinitely suspended by WWE following an arrest for allegedly battering his wife (Vannarah Riggs, who wrestles as Su Yung) in the streets of Gainesville, Ga. An ABC News report chronicles what happened based on the police report:

Swann was driving with his wife of nine months, Vannarah Riggs, after she had just been in a match when they got into an argument, the Gainesville Police Department stated in an arrest document.

“[Swann] was critiquing [his wife’s] performance and began getting angry with her,” police said in the document. She “got scared that the argument was going to escalate and got out of the car.”

Swann allegedly stopped his vehicle in the middle of traffic. He gave chase to his wife and yelled for her “to get back in the car,” police said in the arrest warrant.

As she tried to elude Swann, he chased her and when he caught up to her he “grabbed [her] by her arm and then around the neck with his arm.”

“He placed her in a headlock and dragged her back to the vehicle,” the arrest statement said. A witness allegedly observed this and saw Swann “shove her back in the car while she screamed for help,” the arrest document said.

Another witness, the complaint said, saw Swann “driving erratically” and a woman “jump out of the vehicle while it was moving and run away.”

Swann denied any physical contact with is wife, despite eyewitness accounts in stark contrast. He said she got in the car on her own and he never physically touched her. While this was going on, his car wasn’t placed in park and rolled into a nearby telephone pole.

Swann was charged with simple battery, a misdeanor, and a felony charge of false imprisonment.

WWE’s domestic violence policy states: “Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated.”

(Keller’s Analysis: Based on WWE’s zero tolerance policy for domestic violence, and given the nature of the charges and the public eyewitness accounts, this could very well be the end of Swann’s WWE career. WWE will have to change its no. 1 contendership match scheduled for this Monday’s Raw where Swann was supposed to face Drew Gulak for the rights to face Enzo Amore for the Cruiserweight Title.)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It would be awesome if Paige would shut up for 2 seconds. Pushing her again is going to come back and bite WWE in the ass.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Final Battle tomorrow night.

Card
Pre-show singles match:
Jonathan Gresham vs Josh Woods

Pre-show tag team match:
The Dawgs (Rhett Titus and Will Ferrara) vs Cheeseburger and a mystery partner

ROH World Championship match:
Cody Rhodes (c) vs Dalton Castle

ROH World Television Championship Four Way Elimination Match:
Kenny King (c) vs Silas Young vs Punishment Martinez vs Shane Taylor

ROH World Tag Team Championship match:
The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) (c) vs Best Friends (Trent Baretta and Chuck Taylor)

ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championship match:
Bullet Club (Adam Page and the Young Bucks) (c) vs Flip Gordon, Titan, and CMLL World Lightweight Champion Dragon Lee

Singles match:
Jay Lethal vs IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion Marty Scurll

Hardcore tag team match:
The Briscoes vs Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer

Singles match:
Matt Taven vs Will Ospreay

Tag team mach:
The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) vs War Machine (Hanson and Ray Rowe)

Other stuff:
-There is going to be a major Women of Honor announcement. Heavy speculation that they are finally getting a Women of Honor World Championship.

-STARDOM, the #1 women's promotion in Japan, is sending its president Rossy Ogawa and one of its top stars in Mayu Iwatani to the show.

-ROH has a new World Championship belt, which Cody Rhodes showed off in a video but the lighting intentionally obscures most of the belt. Have to wait for tomorrow for a good shot of it.

This week's Women of Honor Wednesday:

Final Battle hype video:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Final Battle tomorrow night.

Card

Other stuff:
-There is going to be a major Women of Honor announcement. Heavy speculation that they are finally getting a Women of Honor World Championship.

-STARDOM, the #1 women's promotion in Japan, is sending its president Rossy Ogawa and one of its top stars in Mayu Iwatani to the show.

-ROH has a new World Championship belt, which Cody Rhodes showed off in a video but the lighting intentionally obscures most of the belt. Have to wait for tomorrow for a good shot of it.

This week's Women of Honor Wednesday:

Final Battle hype video:

The women of honor belt was done late last year but never debut do to Sinclair never paying Dave Millican royalties for his belt designs. Tomorrow night we are supposed to see a completely new set of belts that Wildcats Belts "the former TNA belt maker" has been working on since late spring. We probably won't see a women of honor champion crowned until the 16TH ANNIVERSARY PPV.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
DRHL1TGXkAEP6GO.jpg

Remember, they still have two shows to go in 2017: one at Hammerstein tonight and one at the ECW Arena.

You can see how Jim Cornette almost killed the promotion in 2011-2012. Delirious took over in October 2012.