offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Double post, so here's some more news

Jeff Jarrett is done with Impact Wrestling and all GFW branding on the show will cease. This comes after Jeff showed up hammered to an indie show in Canada on Friday and then no-showed another on Saturday.

Also, this little girl battling cancer made it out to the ECW Arena for the ROH TV tapings this weekend. She got a group photo with the Women of Honor and signed 8x10s of the whole roster:
$

$

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Timeline:
-ROH announces show in San Antonio
-WWE announces NXT show in San Antonio at the same time featuring two former ROH World Champions (Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly)
-ROH starts trolling WWE by promoting the show as "Bullet Club invades San Antonio"
-WWE responds by booking Shawn Michaels as the guest referee in the main event
-ROH goes for the jugular and confirms Kenny Omega for the show

your move, Vince.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Special appearances by Finn, AJ, Anderson and Gallows?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Special appearances by Finn, AJ, Anderson and Gallows?

The likelihood right now is that both shows are going to sell out comfortably, so at some point it becomes a win for ROH if WWE simply keeps booking big stars to one up them. NXT already loses money as is.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
On the reality show?

Yeah..... He seems way cool.

I'm not familiar with that show.

I enjoy his ring work. IDK, maybe Misawa, Kobushi and those guys carried him and he isn't that great, but I like him.
Moonsault, Ace Crusher(s)! *His press style ace crusher has been pulled from youtube apparently*

I saw this not long ago and found it pretty funny

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Haven't seen charts for Dragon Gate, DDT, or Big Japan yet but here are the attendance charts for NJPW, AJPW, and NOAH comparing all of 2016 to 2017 through 10/28:
DNP994MW4AUwJS6.jpg

DNQIipAW0AE8P3s.jpg

DNQQq74W4AE2Zss.jpg

NJPW 2016 average: 2,199
NJPW 2017 average: 2,334

AJPW 2016 average: 578
AJPW 2017 average: 610

NOAH 2016 average: 498
NOAH 2017 average: 460

Both NJPW and AJPW have drawn more fans through October than they did in all of 2016.

NOAH is struggling a lot.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Impact is basically going door to door asking other wrestling promotions to associate with their poisonous, sinking ship of a brand.

First they showed up at an NJPW show to apologize for the way they booked Okada back in the day, and said they wanted to establish a new working agreement with them. NJPW said no.

And now it's being reported that they're trying to get ROH on board, and ROH also said no.

Considering Impact's two main partners are NOAH and AAA, who both share mutual hatred with NJPW and CMLL, you have to think they were pretty desperate to even try something like this. AAA is probably pissed, and I'm sure NOAH isn't happy about Impact execs showing up in an NJPW locker room while they were in Japan to actually have meetings with NOAH.

Also, here's a running list of people that have quit, been released, or simply didn't renew their expiring deals with Impact in 2017 alone:
Tyrus
Rockstar Spud
Low Ki
Marshe Rockett
Reno Scum (David Luster and Adam Thornstowe)
Brian Hebner (referee)
Robert King (referee)
MJ Jenkins
Eddie Kingston
Robbie E
Jeff Jarrett
Jessie Godderz
Bram
Taryn Terrell
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
Drew Galloway
Mike Bennett
Maria Kanellis
Jade (Mia Yim)
Angelina Love
Davey Richards
Madison Rayne

Gail Kim is retiring and James Storm's contract only runs three more weeks.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Impact is basically going door to door asking other wrestling promotions to associate with their poisonous, sinking ship of a brand.

First they showed up at an NJPW show to apologize for the way they booked Okada back in the day, and said they wanted to establish a new working agreement with them. NJPW said no.

And now it's being reported that they're trying to get ROH on board, and ROH also said no.

Considering Impact's two main partners are NOAH and AAA, who both share mutual hatred with NJPW and CMLL, you have to think they were pretty desperate to even try something like this. AAA is probably pissed, and I'm sure NOAH isn't happy about Impact execs showing up in an NJPW locker room while they were in Japan to actually have meetings with NOAH.

Also, here's a running list of people that have quit, been released, or simply didn't renew their expiring deals with Impact in 2017 alone:
Tyrus
Rockstar Spud
Low Ki
Marshe Rockett
Reno Scum (David Luster and Adam Thornstowe)
Brian Hebner (referee)
Robert King (referee)
MJ Jenkins
Eddie Kingston
Robbie E
Jeff Jarrett
Jessie Godderz
Bram
Taryn Terrell
Matt Hardy
Jeff Hardy
Drew Galloway
Mike Bennett
Maria Kanellis
Jade (Mia Yim)
Angelina Love
Davey Richards
Madison Rayne

Gail Kim is retiring and James Storm's contract only runs three more weeks.

Fuck, Gail Kim is so hot.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Only 275,000 people in the US watched the go-home episode of Impact for Bound for Glory. I was not among them.

Here's the Bound for Glory card. Honestly, it's a pretty decent card minus the MMA gimmick tag team match.

Impact Global Championship match:
Eli Drake (c) vs Johnny Impact (Mundo/Morrison/Hennigan/Nitro/etc)

X Division Championship match:
Trevor Lee (c) vs Matt Sydal vs Sonjay Dutt vs Dezmond Xavier vs Garza Jr vs Petey Williams

Tag Team Championship street fight:
OVE (the Crist brothers) (c) vs LAX (Ortiz and Santana w/Konnan)

Knockouts Championship match:
Sienna (c) vs Allie (Cherry Bomb) vs Gail Kim

This will be Gail Kim's final taped match. She has a few indie bookings from before she decided to retire that she will fulfill, but this is the last time any of us will get to see her wrestle.

Steel cage match:
Bobby Lashley and King Mo vs Moose and Stephan Bonner

Monster's Ball match:
Abyss vs Grado

First blood match:
Rosemary vs Taya Valkyrie

Impact vs AAA rivalry match:
James Storm, Eddie Edwards, and Ethan Carter III vs El Hijo de Phantasma (King Cuerno), Pagano, and El Texano Jr

Sucks they couldn't get Naomichi Marufuji from NOAH, but Eddie Edwards is the current GHC Heavyweight Champ over there.

And Mundo is still AAA Mega Champion, so it would be pretty amazing for him to win the Impact Global Championship too, even in its current diminished state.

The dude has been killing it outside WWE. He held all three of AAA's top titles at the same time (the only guy to hold all three of them period, let alone concurrently) and he won every title in Lucha Underground.

Anyway, back to non Impact related news

Women of Honor Wednesday:

Throwback Thursday:

Future of Honor Friday:

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
OH MY FUCKING GOD

CHRIS JERICHO VS KENNY OMEGA AT WRESTLE KINGDOM 12

Haha, yes! They've been hamming it up on Twitter, so I thought this could happen but figured Jericho would be getting on Vince's bad side if he went through with it; I was thinking either him or Ibushi. I'm interested to see Jericho's work style outside WWE is like, and then I'm also wondering what Vince is thinking about all this (especially after the Sea of Honor announcement as well), ahahahaha!

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jericho is pulling a Cody Rhodes. He's obviously not on an exclusive deal with WWE so he's just going to start taking bookings from other big companies and call Vince's bluff. Just like when Cody was a free agent and was working Impact and ROH TV tapings the same week.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Jericho is pulling a Cody Rhodes. He's obviously not on an exclusive deal with WWE so he's just going to start taking bookings from other big companies and call Vince's bluff. Just like when Cody was a free agent and was working Impact and ROH TV tapings the same week.

I hope this is the start of many but they need to watch who they let jump. Cody got off to a slow start and still hasn't had a show stopper yet, Bully ruined the Briscoes 2017 year. I think Castle comments this weekend is ROH management staying in touch with things.

Haha, yes! They've been hamming it up on Twitter, so I thought this could happen but figured Jericho would be getting on Vince's bad side if he went through with it; I was thinking either him or Ibushi. I'm interested to see Jericho's work style outside WWE is like, and then I'm also wondering what Vince is thinking about all this (especially after the Sea of Honor announcement as well), ahahahaha!

I think that talent is starting to see how out of touch WWE is now. They don't draw and mainstream fans don't give a shit anymore. WWF used to be to place to be but WWE not so much besides a payday.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Cody has had a couple of fantastic matches (Jay Lethal in the bullrope match, Okada at the G1 US Special). But he was never going to be the kind of guy who was going to deliver Bryan Danielson or Eddie Edwards level performances -- he's just not that kind of guy.

But what he has done is raise the profile of ROH+NJPW to a level they'd never seen before. The Bullet Club Invasion of Raw will be looked at as a watershed moment in the history of this business. It was the first time WWE bothered to acknowledge someone as a true competitor since Vince bought WCW and ECW.

In a one year span Cody Rhodes appeared on a broadcast TV show multiple times (Arrow), Wrestlemania, Wrestle Kingdom, Bound for Glory, and Final Battle.

Cody's not the traditional ROH World Champion but he's a massive star, a great mic worker, and at worst he's going to give you above average to very good performances in the ring.

And when someone does take the title off of him -- hopefully a guy like Dalton Castle -- they're going to instantly be a main event level guy anywhere in the world.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Chris Jericho has reportedly been in talks to appear at Wrestle Kingdom since August — and it sounds like Y2J’s upcoming cruise may have factored into his decision to venture outside of WWE.

ProWrestling.com first reported weeks ago that Jericho had been in discussions with NJPW officials and the site claims the plan to wrestle Kenny Omega has been in place since mid-summer.

Furthermore, Chris Jericho talked about his upcoming cruise on Killing the Town recently and it may shed some light on why he’s working with New Japan/Ring of Honor.

The 46-year-old wrestler explained that he’s financially responsible for “Chris Jericho’s Rock-n-Wrestling Rager at Sea” and wanted to partner with a promotion for the wrestling side of things. Chris admits he tried to get the NXT brand to perform on the cruise, but was denied after months of talks. Chris then told Triple H he’d still be doing the cruise without them.

He also told Busted Open in March that he was unsure if he’d ever return to WWE.

Since the announcement that Y2J will be wrestling Kenny Omega at WK12 there has been massive speculation about whether Jericho is working in conjunction with WWE on this deal — since he’s long said it’s the only place he’d want to work — but all signs point to Jericho doing this on his own.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/chris-jericho-wrestle-kingdom-deal/#.Wf98yuxlCBY

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bound for Glory has been a disaster thus far.

When will I learn to stop giving these idiots chances?

Tune in next time to find out.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Bound for Glory has been a disaster thus far.

When will I learn to stop giving these idiots chances?

Tune in next time to find out.
Heh. Hesitating to do a real-time report and decided to do a final report later tonight or tomorrow. Yes folks...it's that bad :(

famicommander

15 Year Member
Hard to say if that sucked more than Wrestlemania and Triplemania. At least it wasn't like 10 fucking hours or however long Wrestlemania was. It was hot garbage either way, though.

Wrestle Kingdom, Ultima Lucha, and the CMLL Anniversary Show shit all over Bound for Glory this year. And Wrestlemania and Triplemania.

Hopefully Final Battle delivers.