offical wwe thread

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I get it, Sin Cara is hurt and you wanna can him. Even while hurt Sin Cara is a better wrestler (and strong too) than at least 80% of the roster NXT/WWE. Just 'cause the guy doesn't talk much doesn't mean he should be replaced. He's been hurting for a while now and to the untrained eye you'll never notice but you can if you pay attention. He should take some time off but leave his mask alone.

Ignorant shit people spit out is all kinds of crazy. For a luchador his mask is sacred.

In Mexico and the AAA, the masks of the luchadors are indeed sacred. Take the make and you take the career of that person. Only problem with the WWE is they seem to neglect some of those traditions as the current version is actually the third person to portray Sin Cara (Jorge Arias). Luis Urive aka Mistico was the first and another Sin Cara was played by Hunico when there were two of them feuding with one another.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm glad The Madness is finally getting inducted into the Hall of Fame for 2015. I would have liked to have seen Ricky The Dragon Steamboat induct him, but I guess they want to go for more marquee value with the whole show and have that schmuck Hogan do it. I guess that Lanny and his mom will accept the award. To be honest, I hope Lanny does get a nod because I loved him as The Genius. He was a guy you loved to hate. Hopefully The Lovely Miss Elizabeth will be the Diva inductee as well.

Not sure who else they'll put in. I'm pretty happy now that both Macho Man and The Ultimate Warrior are in. I would love to see them add Bam Bam Bigelow and maybe Big Van Vader in the hall too. Two of my favorite "Big Guys" growing up as a kid.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
In Mexico and the AAA, the masks of the luchadors are indeed sacred. Take the make and you take the career of that person. Only problem with the WWE is they seem to neglect some of those traditions as the current version is actually the third person to portray Sin Cara (Jorge Arias). Luis Urive aka Mistico was the first and another Sin Cara was played by Hunico when there were two of them feuding with one another.
Was that going on during the whole Sin Cara Negra vs. Sin Cara during 2011? I think the original Sin Cara stayed in Mexico and the one we got was portrayed as the original is actually the new Sin Cara? Either way the current Sin Cara is a good wrestler nonetheless.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Was that going on during the whole Sin Cara Negra vs. Sin Cara during 2011? I think the original Sin Cara stayed in Mexico and the one we got was portrayed as the original is actually the new Sin Cara? Either way the current Sin Cara is a good wrestler nonetheless.

Yeah he is. He's currently the NXT tag team champion along with Kalisto and look damn impressive when they beat The Ascension for those titles.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I really like Hunico more then Místico as Sin Cara now. You can tell when he's working with Calisto on NXT he's so much better. The two of them really mesh well together. They've had a lot of great matches together.

One of the other things that got me back into wrestling along with Punk's famous "Pipe Bomb" was getting into Botchamania on YouTube. You'd always see matches with Sin Cara going for a back flip and landing, hard on his head. When Mistico got fired Maffew finally did a "Sin Cara-Mania" episode with all the most famous examples. It got so bad that they'd only use pre-taped matches on WWE Velocity on Saturday mornings. If you go back and watch his last match with Del Rio where he does a dive out of the second ropes and breaks his finger and the ref has to call the match off and Del Rio really kicks him and you hear him yell, "FUCKING PUNTO!!"

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
@ Moonjump: You must mean FUCKING PUTO!!! 2 totally different things.

Splitties: The Holy Triad of Wrassling consists of; Macho, Flair and the Dragon. The matches between them three are the best ever and a fine example of what wrassling should be.

Oh yeah, hey splitties you hate Lucha?! Fuck your Lucha Hate you fucking Lucha hater!

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I get it, Sin Cara is hurt and you wanna can him. Even while hurt Sin Cara is a better wrestler (and strong too) than at least 80% of the roster NXT/WWE. Just 'cause the guy doesn't talk much doesn't mean he should be replaced. He's been hurting for a while now and to the untrained eye you'll never notice but you can if you pay attention. He should take some time off but leave his mask alone.

Ignorant shit people spit out is all kinds of crazy. For a luchador his mask is sacred.

I like Hunico/Sin Cara. I didn't mean any disrespect though it came off that way (the comment involving neville). I just think that the Sin Cara character is being misused.

As far as Dolph winning the rumble under a mask, I'm just a big fan of the old WCW style swerves involving masked wrestlers.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How did Savages family allow this?

Time heals all. It is also possible that the widow had something to do with it (she gets money from more randy merch)

Hopefully, there was a deal to also honor Angelo (who is more than qualified for the so-called HOF). If I were HHH, that is how I'd sell it to Lanny. Angelo and Randy in separate years.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I could swear I've seen Hogan call Savage the best opponent he ever wrestled. I mean in interviews, years ago. Like the best worker, best at getting the crowd into the match, best at psychology, you name it, he said Savage was the best.

So really I think he does have a lot of respect for what Savage did and should be a good inductor for him.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Dragon should induct, Savage...period.

Fuck you, Vince.

How about that NJPW on AXS TV, hey? Barnett is my main man.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
image.jpg

New Legends of Wrestlemania LE from Stern Pinball. Not sure who's going to be on the other side of the machine. I love the mix but their missing Hitman, Warrior and Savage.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Dragon should induct, Savage...period.

Fuck you, Vince.

How about that NJPW on AXS TV, hey? Barnett is my main man.

Pretty much cause when anyone mentions Savage and his best matches it's always the Steamboat matches

Got it set to record this friday

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I could swear I've seen Hogan call Savage the best opponent he ever wrestled. I mean in interviews, years ago. Like the best worker, best at getting the crowd into the match, best at psychology, you name it, he said Savage was the best.

So really I think he does have a lot of respect for what Savage did and should be a good inductor for him.

That's because that's the truth, he just acknowledges that Macho is the greatest. Seriously though, Macho is the best, he's got the whole package, he just got dwarfed by Hogan's mainstream success but I think he still managed to become "#2" in terms of mainstream you know. When I was a kid the Mega Powers were like the Justice League of wrestling, Macho was hot, he was hot from day one.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

That is because he ducked Brett hart (as far as worker goes).

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone else surprised by the incredibly weak build to the Rumble?

Some great opportunities to sell compelling stories:
-Daniel Bryan is back and healthy. Can he overcome the odds two years in a row and win the title again?
-Will Dolph Ziggler make it into the match somehow and get to main event WM?
-Is Roman Reigns the man to beat, considering that he eliminated 12 guys last year?
-Is it Rusev's time?
-Can Dean Ambrose finally get over the hump?
-What NXT stars might debut in the match?
-Will Randy Orton make his return?

C'mon, those are all ways to sell the Rumble itself, without even mentioning the title match. So far it feels like the sell job is almost entirely on the triple threat, with Reigns/Show in the background and maybe Ambrose/Rusev in there somewhere now, too.

I still think Reigns wins the Rumble, and my guess is that Cena pins Brock and then Rollins cashes in on Cena (so Cena finally gets his win over Brock and Rollins get the belt plus huge heat). Heyman will shun Brock and change over to Rollins' side.

Don't get me wrong, that's a big deal and worth building a show around, but for something that's traditionally as big as the RR match, it just feels like they haven't put much effort into it.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So the SD move to Thursday night is such a big deal that the brand split may even be re-introduced. Daniel Bryan is talking about wanting to be the main guy on SD in 2015 and challenge Raw's ratings.

Interesting possibility. If they don't do such a stark split in talent like they've always done before, another brand split might be a decent way to inject a little life, I guess.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
WWE will push Smackdown hard for 6 months then go back to the usual bullshit of thrown together matches with no promotion and no real storyline. Just like they do with any new TV product.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I agree, re: Smackdown. Putting Bryan over there and "building" around him doesn't really mean a whole lot, I don't think. Having him job (even though Kane interfered) in his first Raw match since the injury without protecting him much on commentary makes me less than optimistic about where they see him.

Don't know how they'd handle the title, though- bring back the World Title, or have one champ who goes between shows? I would guess that they'd have to bring back the World Title, pretty much. I could see Bryan and, say, Bray Wyatt in the finals of a mini-tournament to award it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How about start putting the title up on TV?
Or for that matter: How about start putting the title up on PPV's?

It was insanely stupid that WWE went the whole year going into TV contract negotiations without putting the heavyweight titles up (let alone switching them) on TV.

I would have switched the titles a few times on TV heading into those negotiations.

Last edited:

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
So...

You have Hogan, Hall, and Nash on the show, and you have Nash, Hall, and X-Pac be the NWO they bring out.

Then you completely fail to capitalize on having both DX and the NWO on the same show. Imagine it. The two groups in the same ring.

Who writes this shit?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I wonder if Hunter is pissed off about the whole nWo/APA/DX Vs. The Ascension skit that happened last night. He's trying to create younger talent only to have a bunch of older stars beat the shit out of them. It was like that kid screaming on The Simpsons, "NO!! STOP! HE'S ALREADY DEAD!!"

Speaking of kids crying, did anybody see the photos somebody on Twitter was sharing at the event last night? When HHH and Steph where out at ringside for the 3-1 handicap match he noticed a little boy in the front row crying and he got up and broke character and told the kid not to worry, gave him a hug and after the show was over he invited the kid and his family backstage to see everybody. He still can be a schmuck but it was nice of him to do that.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
So...

You have Hogan, Hall, and Nash on the show, and you have Nash, Hall, and X-Pac be the NWO they bring out.

Then you completely fail to capitalize on having both DX and the NWO on the same show. Imagine it. The two groups in the same ring.

Who writes this shit?

This had me scratching my head as well. Granted, I don't expect very much of the current WWE product, but this was such a waste.

At minimum they could have had X-Pac sucker punch Hall and Nash and then reveal the DX shirt he was wearing underneath.

Also, I don't recall hearing Ron Simmons say 'DAMN!' that was a letdown as well.