Norm MacDonald dead at 61

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
That sucks :(

My brother sent me his professor of logic joke from the Conan O'Brien show just the other day. Dude was hilarious!

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
My all time favorite moment with Norm. Any time he was on Conan, it was gold, but this was definitely his best appearance.

"Box office poison" was one of those zingers that stuck with me for decades since it first aired in 97.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
My favorite comedian. I was giving a lesson yesterday when my friend sent me a text that simply read "rip norm macdonald." It completely threw me off for the rest of the day. I probably watch something Norm Macdonald-related every day. There's a compilation of his Letterman stuff that I rewatch all the time. Probably my favorite Norm Macdonald appearance was when he was with David Spade on Dennis Miller's show. Probably once a week I think about the exchange where he's saying to Dennis "who has the 4 hour hard cock? The impotent guy. Me and you have regular cocks and David Spade is over here with a 4 hour hard cock." I crack up every time. Probably a close second is his story about meeting Bill Cosby and giving him his dead father's number so he could invite him to a show.

I also loved his show from the late 90s. I remember being in high school and watching it all the time. His OJ stuff on SNL was killer (no pun intended). Fuck, I loved the guy so much. Such a weird and unique guy. Nobody else is like him. RIP, indeed.

This also hits differently knowing he died of cancer:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Add Norm to the list of things this site full of haters universally loves.

I think that list is just Norm and Columbo

Spoiler:
and cock

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
R.I.P norm really the hell with cancer i've lost to many family/relatives to that disease.

BTW my favorite snl skit for his impression of burt reynolds it's so spot on.
[video]

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Sad news , he's from Ottawa and very well liked. Its too bad his career didnt quite take off in the early 2000s, I recommend Screwed if you want to watch one of his movies

Also Michael K Williams (Omar from the Wire) passed away suddenly last week from a suspected drug overdose

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Sad news , he's from Ottawa and very well liked. Its too bad his career didnt quite take off in the early 2000s, I recommend Screwed if you want to watch one of his movies

Also Michael K Williams (Omar from the Wire) passed away suddenly last week from a suspected drug overdose

Yeah couldn’t believe Michael Williams died also. He was waaaay to young, only in his 50s?

Damn.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yeah couldn’t believe Michael Williams died also. He was waaaay to young, only in his 50s?

Damn.

Reminds me of philip seymour hoffman's death , some drug use in the past that it seemed like he got over then randomly does it again and dies.

Damn.

Ya just 54 which is way too young. I learned not too long ago he got his big break from 2Pac who randomly found his picture and hired him for Bullet (underrated movie if you havent seen it) . He's one of 2Pac's goons in it

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The man roasted Bob Saget's roast. That's genius. Rip to a legend.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Everyone that went this long without watching Dirty Work deserves be punched in the stomach by Kirkpatrick and then have their NOSE BITTEN OFF BY A SAIGON WHORE

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Everyone that went this long without watching Dirty Work deserves be punched in the stomach by Kirkpatrick and then have their NOSE BITTEN OFF BY A SAIGON WHORE
Geez, you over invest in everything. Just settle down and be happy.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Geez, you over invest in everything. Just settle down and be happy.
F67s.gif

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
"If you need anything......(furiously points thumb to himself) - you come to me, alright?"

"Oh that's great Jimmy, can I come stay with you-"

"Y'see the thing is this...."

God that movie is the shit. I was able to find a download of the roast of Saget, and it's still pretty damn funny but Norm just took the cake, bar none. And I have to admit, Gilbert Gottfried repeatedly screaming that Saget "RAPED, AND MURDERED A GIRL IN 1990!!" was absolute gold.

If anyone needs it, I was able to find it in standard definition. It's on Mega (click me).

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Sad news , he's from Ottawa and very well liked. Its too bad his career didnt quite take off in the early 2000s,

I was into him in the 90s during that era of SNL. I never really got into him but thought he was funny sometimes. I'd have to say the last 5-10 years changed my mind about him due to youtube and such. I don't think he was ever going to be a big movie star. It was probably for the best. Look how they went after him in 2018 for his style. PC culture just never would have got into his stuff. RIP. Been laughing my ass off the past few days. He left a lot for us to still enjoy.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yet artie lange lives on.
Yeah, that was unexpected. Even Artie must be surprised by that. It also must be kind of a weird feeling for Dave Letterman.

And I didn't expect Norm to be outlived by OJ. I wonder if he posted anything on social media. But at least he outlived Don Ohlmeyer.
Look how they went after him in 2018 for his style. PC culture just never would have got into his stuff.
He got his netflix show cancelled out from under him before the first episode even aired, all because of a single comment he made about feeling sorry for Louis CK.