Non Neo Geo games that would have made good Neo Geo titles.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I actually had a dream about that a couple years ago, I found Street Fighter II at a thrift store for the AES and bought it. When I recorded my dream I also mocked this up by way it looked in my dream.

The game that I always wanted to see on the AES or CD system was Crystalis II

I remember having a vivid dream back in the 90s of playing a Ninja Scroll beat em up on a Big Red. Probably because Nicotine looks like Dakuan from Ninja Scroll.

latest

*That* was an awesome dream...

Back on topic: Would love to have seen Dig Dug, Pac Man and other various 80s classics done in an SNK style. Not ports, but reimagined.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I remember having a vivid dream back in the 90s of playing a Ninja Scroll beat em up on a Big Red. Probably because Nicotine looks like Dakuan from Ninja Scroll.

latest

*That* was an awesome dream...

Back on topic: Would love to have seen Dig Dug, Pac Man and other various 80s classics done in an SNK style. Not ports, but reimagined.

true that. not sure if you've played namco museum on the ps2 which has some arrangement versions for some of the games like pacman, dig dug and galaga arrangements which have better graphics, music and truely feels reimagined. that would have been cool, maybe like a 3 in 1 game. after all we did have pacman for ngpc, just my 2 cents

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
I love In the Hunt! Still have my ps1 copy. Would've loved to play that on my big red.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Imagine GTA (the earlier 2D ones) on the Neo Geo. :keke:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
You can easily make a 6 button setup for the Neo using diodes. People have already made a 6 button layout for Sam Sho 2.
this would only work for Neo games that have that feature, where you press two buttons together for a third function.

I always thought SF2 had too many buttons. Why have 6 buttons when you've only got four (or five) fingers?

Last edited:

lord7289

n00b
Not sure if it's been mentioned but having watched a few Riding Hero vids I think a Road Rash game would have been awesome on Neo Geo. Fighting and racing...what's not to like?

Last edited:

sir arthur

War Room Troll
Not sure if it's been mentioned but having watched a few Riding Hero vids I think a Road Rash game would have been awesome on Neo Geo. Fighting and racing...what's not to like?

Road Rash 2 was one the best arcade racers of the 16 bit era. No mode 7 needed!

lord7289

n00b
Back in the day before EA became the hideous company it is now. Absolutely loved it and still have it now. How great would an AES version be?

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
I think there are many games that would have been great to see on neo, for example Technos and Taito worked on neo so they could have developed Neo Double Dragon (classic beat 'em up no fighting) and Neo Bubble Bobble.

I would have loved to see some great Capcom beat'em up like Final Fight, Warriors of fate or The Punisher and others like Castlevania, Battletoads, Megaman or Contra, I think that any of them would have looked great on Neo.

And now i wonder... Why any company developed a Dragon Ball game on neo???? many years ago i heard a rumor about this when Banpresto was working on a Dragon Ball Arcade game

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's supposed to be the prequel or sequel to Fight Fever or something like that. If it's anything like Fight Fever, it's horrid.

Well, that's a perfectly legit reason for why this proto was not approved for release.

Last edited:

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
A Strider or Run Saber type of game on the Neo would of been amazing.

VGC1612

New Challenger
Anyone knows who bought The Eye of Typhoon on ebay?Need to be dump and port on Neo Geo

ThGame

Geese's Thug
good thread. Off the top of my head king of dragons or knights of the round. I really agree with the mike tysons punch out idea too. What about a soupped up version of the original kid icarus?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Isn't Eye of Typhoon supposed to be a neo proto?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3DO-The-Eye...548?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e48f07ac

Either way it seems to command proto prices.

Anyone knows who bought The Eye of Typhoon on ebay?Need to be dump and port on Neo Geo

The game was released in South Korea for 3DO and PC. Tracking down a PC copy would probably easier and less costly than buying the ridiculously rare 3DO game, especially just to try and port it to Neo Geo. I'm with Xian Xi, though. That one's probably better left unreleased.