NO FATALITIES in Samurai Showdown 5 Special

twodeepuzzler

Geese's Thug
Wow, glad I didn't preorder the game. Now why didn't they just change the blood to sweat and sprite rip new childproof fatalities a la mk on snes?

Samurai Shodown 5 Special should now be called Samurai Shodown 5 Special Paperweight.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
what the freaking hell...I'm gone for 2 days and I come back to hear about this mess... :oh_no:

like tsukaesugi said, first they screw over the SS0/SSV purchasers and then hose everyone who was salivating over the fatalities previewed for SS0 Special WITHOUT ANY WARNING/NOTIFICATION, this is truly a disgrace as far as customer consideration...I really hope Razoola's UniBios turns out to be the saving grace for everybody on this, but I'm still afraid of hoping too strongly on that...

considering how the gore was obviously not an issue for SS3 and SS4, what gives this time around especially since this is the farewell cart? Don't let me find out months from now that an XBOX port gets all the bonuses while those who made the effort to buy the damn cart in the beginning have to get S**T on yet again...seriously, there are no words right now to express the anger/disappointment at this...

BIG

sony fanboy
Disappointing,indeed.

Who would've thought that SNKP would do such a thing? I was really looking forward to buying this game,too :(

If I remember correctly,the game did have fatalites when I played it at this year's E3..

Bummer.

Tsubaki

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Kazuki Dash said:
Don't let me find out months from now that an XBOX port gets all the bonuses while those who made the effort to buy the damn cart in the beginning have to get S**T on yet again...seriously, there are no words right now to express the anger/disappointment at this...

"Travesty" is appropriate. Maybe "ripoff?" I remember this is how I felt when Samurai III was censored, when my chip from MAS wouldn't show blood. I sent that crap back and got a refund!!! Of course, I had to go and buy another one with the new mod chip. Just more money over and over. If the fatalities are not in the MVS either then it's really the sign that SNKP really hates everybody here.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Tsubaki said:
"Travesty" is appropriate. Maybe "ripoff?"
not strong enough for me...

If the fatalities are not in the MVS either then it's really the sign that SNKP really hates everybody here.
so everyone would be completely grateful if Razoola or anyone with the UNIBIOS who gets any information on this would let us know if there's any hope for the home cart

boy, what a slap in the face this is...

SNKPlaymore: "Thanks for continuing to buy our product guys, as a reward we're putting all the bonuses...IN THE PORTS"

:blow_top:

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Not that I'm into this kind of thing, but itd be totally sad if the boots have both fatalities + Poppy.

*Sigh*

Droid

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
droid said:
Not that I'm into this kind of thing, but itd be totally sad if the boots have both fatalities + Poppy.

*Sigh*

Droid

Then many people would feel justified to buy the boot..... :rolleyes:

*Me waits patiently for the MVS cart to be affordable :p

SHO

Raiden's Valet
that is real shit news

but i can see all these bonus gonna come on the ports

just so it makes you start buying snk games on xbox and ps2, since the neo is dead now

may be it was all just an evil plan

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Well let's see...

The proto had the fatalities (or at least people remember it having fatalities).

So someone needs to get a copy of the proto and make bootlegs/dump the roms.

Simple

as

that.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
chimpmeister said:
While I think the lack of fatalities doesn't ruin the game, it certainly seems to be a bit of a disappointment. I'm still happy I picked it up (haven't even had a chance to play it yet), but it would certainly have been nice to have them in the game. Anyone have a link to that movie that showed the fatalities? :eye:

I'm going to upload the Special Kill Moves Avi Video to my streamload account. I will then post the link here so that you guys can download and watch what we were cheated of.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Maybe they will re-consider it being their FINAL release and bust out:
Samurai Shodown V Special Champion Edition.

shitty news indeed.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
*hugs his copy of SSV MVS*

Like Stinky said, this is just a good little "fuck you" goodbye. Been fucking us for years, and here we are, taking it. We take it because of all the great years, and stuck through it all through the shitty ones... just hoping for that magic to come back. It hasn't been bad, but nothing like it used to be, these last few years.

Spike

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It's times like these that would haveme give my left arm in order to have control over producing a release such as this.
I was hoping to be able to freely use Poppy,Sankuro and Yumeji as regular characters... If anything Gaoh X should have been removed completely from this Special installment being as I found him teh least impressive out of the new cast..

If that was too much to ask,how about just removing Gaoh X and replacing him with team Sankuro...A guy with a huge mallet a pistol and three strikers has just got to stick around for another installment imo...
DAMNIT! :D
-BB

aria

Former Moderator
Wow!

This really sucks.

SNK-P just had to show the very same business sense and customer consideration that helped them be such a successful company :rolleyes:

How insulting. I mean, really: this is the SIXTH SamSho game and we've been complaining since the first. Couldn't they actually listen for once?

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey guys,
I've uploaded the Special Kill Moves video for SS5Special. It's a large file (71MB).

http://www.streamload.com/streetfighter501/SSVSpecialKillMoves

Let me know if the link doesn't work.
I have only a limited amount of downloads that I signed up for, so first come first serve. Once my paid limit is up, that's it. Hopefully someone else can post it once they download it from me.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
this is the SIXTH SamSho game and we've been complaining since the first. Couldn't they actually listen for once?

I had no complaints with the first 2 or the 4th.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
Hey guys,
I've uploaded the Special Kill Moves video for SS5Special. It's a large file (71MB).

wow, thanks for the vid. Now Im really pissed.
lol

Hanzo's was the coolest (showing the X-Ray/ areas of thebones he was breaking) very cool.

very pissed.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
Hey guys,

http://www.streamload.com/streetfighter501/SSVSpecialKillMoves

Let me know if the link doesn't work.
I have only a limited amount of downloads that I signed up for, so first come first serve. Once my paid limit is up, that's it. Hopefully someone else can post it once they download it from me.
Those were pretty cool, all right...

But...

Verbatum says the Hanzo bone breaking move is in the game, so if so, is it possible others may be there as well?

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
SouthtownKid said:
Those were pretty cool, all right...

But...

Verbatum says the Hanzo bone breaking move is in the game, so if so, is it possible others may be there as well?

That's in Hanzo's regular Super Sword breaker. It's the one that was recycled from SS5. The one that was canned was the one where he breaks your skull in the end.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
That's in Hanzo's regular Super Sword breaker. It's the one that was recycled from SS5. The one that was canned was the one where he breaks your skull in the end.
Ah, I see. The reason I ask is... the pictures of the characters' fatalities are still on SNKP's official SS0S website...

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
SouthtownKid said:
Ah, I see. The reason I ask is... the pictures of the characters' fatalities are still on SNKP's official SS0S website...

Can you post the link here to this thread?
Thanks. I want to take a look.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
oh man .... I hate to be a fatality whore - but those simply ROCK. They really could've put the aesthetic appeal of SSVS over the top - what a shame :oh_no:.

I can only hope that there's some secret code to allow these to be playable .... wishful thinking, I know. I can't believe they'd go to all that trouble to come up with such cool fatalities and then just ditch them. Bizarre.