NO FATALITIES in Samurai Showdown 5 Special

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
The really sad part is that they LIED ABOUT HAVING FATALITIES IN THE GAME.

I mean come on... the released that movie or whatever SHOWING OFF THE COOL NEW FATALITIES.

And then all these people blow their money on the game because this is a big part of the upgrade and... POOF they're gone.

The "last" homecart goes out with a slap to everyone's face.

It's sad that so many people are taking it.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Syxx573 said:

I mean come on... the released that movie or whatever SHOWING OFF THE COOL NEW FATALITIES.

And then all these people blow their money on the game because this is a big part of the upgrade and... POOF they're gone.

What can we do? Many of us preordered the game, so they made their money. Maybe they'll release Samurai Showdown 5 Special Complete to make more money.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Yeah, and the next release will have even less characters and moves then 5 and Special. :D

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
well, think of it this way, at least they didn't re-do the background in high res and leave the characters the same. :p

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Purchase the home version and have it converted to MVS.. this way you get the nice manual and insert,shell,etc
Just a suggestion... don't know if it wold be feasible...

I may head in this direction..
-BB

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I'm holding out for Samurai Shodown 5 Special,....umm.....Special. :crying:

So is it confirmed that the MVS has the fatalities? If so, can't someone dump a single chip and burn eproms of them and "update" all our homecarts with the new chip? Sucks, but apparently this is the ONLY route.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
Purchase the home version and have it converted to MVS.. this way you get the nice manual and insert,shell,etc
Just a suggestion...

I may head in this direction..
-BB

That's... that's insanity.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Can someone in Japan confirm if the Arcade version's that are in arcades right now have the fatalities or not? This would clear up a lot of this confusion...Beelze, Tsukaesugi, EightOne...please, you're our only hope :crying:

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
Maybe Razoola's new unibios can enable the fatalities in the cheat sections.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
HAHAH OMG.
Unfuckingbelievable.
The last HC release and the fucking game is censored.
Not to mention the US cover is easily one of the ugliest ever.

Thank god I bought 2003.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
SnairDogg said:
Can someone in Japan confirm if the Arcade version's that are in arcades right now have the fatalities or not? This would clear up a lot of this confusion...Beelze, Tsukaesugi, EightOne...please, you're our only hope :crying:

a) I've only played it twice now in the arcades, and neither time did I get a fatality... but that doesn't necessarily mean they're not in there. If I see one in the future I'll let you know. Maybe beelze can confirm/deny the MVS fatalities...

b) I also think that the limited edition number (1000? 1600?) is for the English version only. Most of the arcades I go to now have SS0S, and some of them have multiple cabs. I've also seen it for sale in the PCB shops. At the moment, this game is plentiful.

c) I'm sad to hear that the fatalities are absent (were removed?) from SS0S, especially for people who bought the 'Special' version just for the fatalities. That is indeed a real slap in the face. If you ask me though, the whole 'Special' version was a slap in the face for the people who bought SS0. They had six years to get the game correct: there's no excuse for having to come up with a 'Special' version six months later

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I though only certain characters in SS0S had fatalities of some of their moves or normal slashes. I know I've seen some of the fatalities on the SS0S acho tournament vids I have.

Man, I think I'm gonna hold off on buying this game. I fine with just SS0....... for now. :crying:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa... and no Poppy. Big FUCK you from SNKP :p

wait... :(

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Well ... I fired up this game a little while ago. I love the music, and the character art is pretty wonderful, IMO. Also, the gameplay seems fairly well-balanced, based on what little time I've spent with it. However, this one is lacking some polish, and the whole mess with the fatalities just makes me feel like I'm missing out on something that should've been there - and then there's the poppy thing :oh_no:. I don't get it ....

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Syxx573 said:

While I think the lack of fatalities doesn't ruin the game, it certainly seems to be a bit of a disappointment. I'm still happy I picked it up (haven't even had a chance to play it yet), but it would certainly have been nice to have them in the game. Anyone have a link to that movie that showed the fatalities? :eye: