Nintendo's Rubbish Production Numbers

Tanooki

War Room Troll
It's great dude, you should give it a shot. I don't care for the 3D as well. Slap some screen protectors on and get a 12 dollar case and your good to go.

Another plus is that it doesn't have any moving parts and feels really nice in your hands. I still want a XL but that's only if I find one at a good price.

I've held the display it's solid that's for sure. I have a gray New 3DS XL so I'd be going backwards as it has other perks plus the 3D is finally stable.

My wife had bad eyes, can't see 3D at all (still double vision) maybe headaches at times too with movies, etc. She can't see it on the 3DS, so I tried to talk her into it a lot but wouldn't budge. So I gave her my XL and got a new model off a friend looking to sell his.

To that other comment after...I would have loved a 2DSXL. I can use it, it's fun at times, but I prefer leaving it off depending on the game as most don't benefit a lot. I'd rather have had a cheaper model with those parts missing.

Considering them comments you see about Nintendo online, sure some may wish to give them a High Five, but some probably would like to see them get a HI V too. They definitely have people pissed over the supply lines yet again.

Kyle

Kabuki Klasher
Got my NES Classic and extra controller from a Walmart order last week. The geniuses combine layaway, photo and store pickup so it took 45 mins to get through the line. Guess they're trying to recreate the experience of camping in front of a store. The console isn't too shabby. Casuals will love it. I'm not sure it's worth stressing over finding one.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Does anybody have the Family Computer Mini? I just played Tsuppari Ozumo for the first time and never realized how fun of a game it is. Will Nintendo make more Family Computer Minis?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just get a retro Pi.

But really get a 3DS. I think taking into consideration the ability to play regualr DS games, it has one of the strongest libraries of any console. There is a ton of good stuff if you like RPG's. If you don't play RPG's there's some good stuff too, but to find the really good stuff you have to research because there are a lot of non-nintendo developed games that are really good.

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm down with the 2DS camp.

My kids have a pair that have been dropped dozens of times and beat to hell in every way possible. The screens don't really scratch and there aren't hinges to break.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm down with the 2DS camp.

My kids have a pair that have been dropped dozens of times and beat to hell in every way possible. The screens don't really scratch and there aren't hinges to break.

I mentioned up top how great the 2ds is if you don't want to fork out the cash for a XL and how versatile they are. It's funny how they get excEllent reviews but fly under the radar.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I mentioned up top how great the 2ds is if you don't want to fork out the cash for a XL and how versatile they are. It's funny how they get excEllent reviews but fly under the radar.

Well, Nintendo has kinda made it's money off of gimmicks in the last 10 years...but I agree the 2DS is all anyone ever wanted. The "New 3DS" should have been the only one they went to market with, the 3D experience on the original 3DS is so abysmal that it was basically the DS 2 for everyone.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That pretty much covers it. The 3DS was a nice idea, but by the time they fixed it, it was too late for most people to care. All you had to do was twist the system like 1-2 degrees off center and it was death to the player double vision time. Had they used that frontal camera in the first place with that added IR light to face track it would have been a real selling point. 2DS big selling ideal was those who didn't want 3D (or couldn't tolerate it as it was.) I almost at one point bought one, but ended up not happy with it being mono audio, and knowing about the XL too.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
That pretty much covers it. The 3DS was a nice idea, but by the time they fixed it, it was too late for most people to care. All you had to do was twist the system like 1-2 degrees off center and it was death to the player double vision time. Had they used that frontal camera in the first place with that added IR light to face track it would have been a real selling point. 2DS big selling ideal was those who didn't want 3D (or couldn't tolerate it as it was.) I almost at one point bought one, but ended up not happy with it being mono audio, and knowing about the XL too.

I lovey 3DS, haven't upgraded yet to the new XL. I enjoy the form factor and durability of the 2DS, but the lack of support for the circle pad pro made some games near unplayable, and those are some heavy hitters like monster hunter, Zelda majoras mask, resident evil Revelations, metal gear solid, etc. Those are playable, but man are they so much more enjoyable with a second stick.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I know what you mean. I had the resident evil game and did it without, and then with the add-on circle pad for the original 3DS and it made a huge different in playability. I've heard the worst one though is MGS as it's just almost pointless without one.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I know what you mean. I had the resident evil game and did it without, and then with the add-on circle pad for the original 3DS and it made a huge different in playability. I've heard the worst one though is MGS as it's just almost pointless without one.

Bingo. If I didn't get the circle pad pro, the n3DS would have been a day 1 just for the additional stick. maybe if there's a good holiday bundle this year.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Well stick or not it's worth it if you ever thought the 3D could be enjoyable, or you like the system to fire up quicker, if you use the internet the browser not be so sluggish too. There are games those fools won't list should be required to use it just to peddle a muddy slow mess on 3DS with Hyrule Warriors Legends. The 3D head tracking they really should have included in the original model as it's so stable it makes it fun to actually leave it on in many games.