Nintendo Switch

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The last time I tried an FE game it felt like it was 75% visual novel. I couldn't get into the combat parts with the endless talking I had to do back at basecamp.
2/10. Will not go back to FE.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
$40 struck me as a little high at first, but like YongYea pointed out, Nintendo usually actually has the balls to put $60 price tags on stuff like this.

Anyway, it's... really, really good. Significantly better than I would have expected for a shadow drop (waves also at Hi Fi Rush and tells Forspoken to fuck off!), with an excellent graphics update and modern FPS controls as the default option (though you can set it to be more GC-like if you want).

Put a couple hours or so into it so far and it hardly feels dated at all given the new updates, and the main game is 20 freakin' years old at this point. Retro Studios make more games plz.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
$40 struck me as a little high at first, but like YongYea pointed out, Nintendo usually actually has the balls to put $60 price tags on stuff like this.

Anyway, it's... really, really good. Significantly better than I would have expected for a shadow drop (waves also at Hi Fi Rush and tells Forspoken to fuck off!), with an excellent graphics update and modern FPS controls as the default option (though you can set it to be more GC-like if you want).

Put a couple hours or so into it so far and it hardly feels dated at all given the new updates, and the main game is 20 freakin' years old at this point. Retro Studios make more games plz.
I guess for it's a price it's a bit steep for a 20 year old game at least they didn't do a bare bones port.Retro Studios and Iron Galaxy went the extra miles to clean up game the visual.Now we shall see if retro studios can finally deliver on metroid prime 4.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I figured out something today that is more complicated than it should be, so I'll share in case it could benefit someone else.

NSO Family subs convert to Family + Expansion Pak at $0.09 per day, so if you can get an annual code for less than $32.85 you come out ahead. I found a guy selling two of them for $25 each, so I converted them to 730 * $0.09 = $65.70 and put it toward the $80 Family Expansion Pak. It's not a huge savings, but I've never seen the Expansion Paks on sale. The same process works for Individual to Individual + Expansion Pak at $0.05 per day.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
"You're never getting Metroid Prime 4 like we promised, so here's Metroid Prime 1 again! Oh, don't worry. We have more 2.5 Metroid on the way from our Spaniard friends!"

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Finally bought one and even without having the switch here yet I already know deep down I should have bought one sooner. Should arrive on monday.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
You picked a good time to get a Switch Nintendo is having some good sales this month.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...With-a-Month-Full-of-Mario-related-Activities

The first half of the sale starts on March 10 (MAR10 Day!) at 12 a.m. PT and lasts until March 23 at 11:59 p.m. PT. It features deals on digital games and DLC featuring Mario and friends, including Mario Party Superstars, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi’s Crafted World and Luigi’s Mansion 3.

The second wave of the sale runs from March 24 at 12 a.m. PT until April 7 at 11:59 p.m. PT. This sale includes savings on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Super Mario Maker 2 and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury.

From March 5 to March 11, fans will also be able to head to select retailers to save up to $20*** on select games featuring Mario and friends, including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Mario Maker 2, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, Mario Party Superstars and many more

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Playing Cereza and the Lost Demon convinced me to finally finish up Bayonetta 3. The story/ending didn't bother me like it did for some, but I still do think the game itself is inferior to Bayo 1 (in particular) and 2. There are a few really great scenes (the opera performance boss fight is Platinum at its very best) but there's a lot of filler and a noticeable decrease in the overall difficulty of the game even from 2, which is much easier than 1. It's worth playing if you don't have anything else to keep busy with for 12 or so hours but not a must-play or anything.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Sonic Origins Plus

It's an update of Sonic Origins with 12 gg games.
coming to Switch on 23rd June

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was gifted the Retroflag Switch dock controller thingy, and I have to say it's far better than I anticipated. Everything feels exactly like a Gamecube controller. I saw a few positive reviews and didn't think much of it. I typically play the Switch docked with a pro controller, but I would definitely recommend if you play the Switch in handheld mode more frequently.

Of course, now it doesnt fit in my switch case, but it would fit in most Steam Deck cases.

Capture.JPG

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
This is a pretty killer collection.

Games included on the cart:
  • Steel Empire (Remake, 2018) 
  • Steel Empire (GBA, 2005) 
  • Steel Empire (MD / GENESIS, 1992) 
  • Over Horizon (NES / FC, 1991)  
All games feature quicksave and quickload, a rewind option, graphic filters/shaders, flicker reduction, technical improvements and text optimizations. 

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
REZON (Arcade Archives)

holy fuck it IS a shameless ripoff, lmao. And I also love the ending scroll going "lol did you think blowing up ships brought peace? Naive fuck, get off the machine".