Nintendo Switch

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Not sure if it's been discussed but I just made my wife a bunch of amiibos using cheapo ntag215 nfc tags. She wanted to unlock some shit in animal crossing, but I went all out and downloaded all the raw files. We also unlocked all the racing suits in Mario Kart 8 for our mii characters using the freemiibos (tm)

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Not sure if it's been discussed but I just made my wife a bunch of amiibos using cheapo ntag215 nfc tags. She wanted to unlock some shit in animal crossing, but I went all out and downloaded all the raw files. We also unlocked all the racing suits in Mario Kart 8 for our mii characters using the freemiibos (tm)
I've seen these on ebay before but didn't know if they worked

skate323k137

10 Year Member
I used these guys:

100pcs Ntag215 NFC Coin... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GYTH4BK

You have to install an unsigned apk but the code checks out (TagMo). My process:

Take extra unused android phone
Install an APK installer (from play store)
Activate dev mode and grant access for the APK app to install other apps
Install tagmo
Google the amiibo bins (hella easy to find)
With any luck you're all good.

The coins are OTP but the price is right. The amiibo bin archive I found also had circle art for them lol

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Has anyone has issues playing NES games on the Switch? It has been fine for me, but I have two friends that swear the controls are off. I'm wondering if their TV's have more latency than mine?

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Has anyone has issues playing NES games on the Switch? It has been fine for me, but I have two friends that swear the controls are off. I'm wondering if their TV's have more latency than mine?
I haven't messed with them much yet, but I can give it a go when I have a minute and see

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I used these guys:

100pcs Ntag215 NFC Coin... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GYTH4BK

You have to install an unsigned apk but the code checks out (TagMo). My process:

Take extra unused android phone
Install an APK installer (from play store)
Activate dev mode and grant access for the APK app to install other apps
Install tagmo
Google the amiibo bins (hella easy to find)
With any luck you're all good.

The coins are OTP but the price is right. The amiibo bin archive I found also had circle art for them lol
I got some similar, but they are 'credit card' style, and they work 100%. Pretty cool shit. The only amiibo I ever bought was Terry, but not because I wanted the amiibo, I just wanted Terry.

fake

15 Year Member
Yes, even in my TV's game mode it's hard to play some platformers on the NES and SNES emulators, especially Mario games.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Yes, even in my TV's game mode it's hard to play some platformers on the NES and SNES emulators, especially Mario games.

Interesting. What about if you play them directly on the Switch? I'm curious if it's lag in the display, or it's actually not implemented well overall.

fake

15 Year Member
Interesting. What about if you play them directly on the Switch? I'm curious if it's lag in the display, or it's actually not implemented well overall.
It's definitely better in handheld mode. I can't tell if its placebo or not, but it doesn't feel quite as perfect as CRT.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Earthbound 1 and 2 were just announced as added to the Nintendo Switch online today

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
After the recent nintendo direct the most i'm interested is xenoblade chronicles 3 (y)
In looking forward to it, but the second one just felt bloated and cumbersome with it's different systems and upgrades and the amount of creepy swords you could collect. I'm hoping they streamlined this one a bit

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, new trailer

----

Mario Strikers: Battle League, on Nintendo Switch June 10th

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
In looking forward to it, but the second one just felt bloated and cumbersome with it's different systems and upgrades and the amount of creepy swords you could collect. I'm hoping they streamlined this one a bit
Agreed for part two overkill on the upgrades and weapons you can collect.Here's hoping that isn't the case with part three.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Sooooo, the Mario Kart track pack. My kid wants it. Can anyone who isn't an old man explain it without me doing my own research? It's $25 for the courses? Or I can get the Switch Online Expansion Pack? If I no longer subscribe to the expansion pack do I lose access to it?

I also just signed up for basic Switch Online for $20 for a year. Can I 'upgrade' to the Expansion Pack level with some portion credited or am I going to repay the full $50? Nothing else in expansion pack really interests me, I can play basically all of that on my SNES mini, but if it's just $5 more than buying the DLC only I'd probably do it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Sooooo, the Mario Kart track pack. My kid wants it. Can anyone who isn't an old man explain it without me doing my own research? It's $25 for the courses? Or I can get the Switch Online Expansion Pack? If I no longer subscribe to the expansion pack do I lose access to it?

I also just signed up for basic Switch Online for $20 for a year. Can I 'upgrade' to the Expansion Pack level with some portion credited or am I going to repay the full $50? Nothing else in expansion pack really interests me, I can play basically all of that on my SNES mini, but if it's just $5 more than buying the DLC only I'd probably do it.

we're all old men lithy. you know that.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

I just bought it outright because I don’t love everything Nintendo makes.