Nintendo Direct, Wed. morning 9am ET/The new New 3DS/3DS XL release dates leaked?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I guess it's because us dopey American's love EVERYTHING BIG!!! that they decided to not bring out the standard sized New 3DS. You'd think they would considering they can sell a shit ton of custom faceplates for every system. Once Reggie said, "It won't be coming with an AC adapter..." I just yelled out, "Fuck you!" to the screen. Really? Has there ever been anything that's come with a battery installed that they don't give you something to charge it with? That's just stupid even if it does save them a couple of bucks on the system. So if I go to trade in my Pokemon X 3DSXL will they dock money from my trade in because I want to keep my old charger?

It also looks like the Zelda system has been gouged. There's only three versions on GameStop's site, the normal two standard models and the Monster Hunter one. I love the look on the Monster Hunter model but the game can suck my ass, I just don't care for it. Playing it just makes me miss PSO when I had it on the Dreamcast. Also it looks like Gamestop is the only people selling it online. If you go to almost any other site it doesn't show up.

Maybe I'll just wait unit April when my birthday rolls around and hope they'll make a Xenoblade Chronicles edition system. And also, LOL to the people paying big bucks for Marth Amiibo's. If they make Ness a store exclusive Amiibo, I'm gonna be pissed. I better be able to find at least one of him.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The no AC adapter thing is a Japanese phenomenon. Lots of Nintendo handhelds over the years have launched without one in the box.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It also looks like the Zelda system has been gouged. There's only three versions on GameStop's site, the normal two standard models and the Monster Hunter one. I love the look on the Monster Hunter model but the game can suck my ass, I just don't care for it. Playing it just makes me miss PSO when I had it on the Dreamcast. Also it looks like Gamestop is the only people selling it online. If you go to almost any other site it doesn't show up.

Maybe I'll just wait unit April when my birthday rolls around and hope they'll make a Xenoblade Chronicles edition system. And also, LOL to the people paying big bucks for Marth Amiibo's. If they make Ness a store exclusive Amiibo, I'm gonna be pissed. I better be able to find at least one of him.
Kind of have to agree with you. I'm debating preordering a black one now, when the trade value on my current 3DS XL is likely to be highest, or waiting until the (possible) Xenoblade edition goes up for preorder. Nothing I really need it for until maybe XBC, but it would be fun to be able to use Marth and the other characters from Fire Emblem in Project S.T.E.A.M.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
If that Majora's Mask 3ds had blue velvet curtains, MAYBE I would buy.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Am I the only one who wholeheartedly prefers the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate one? It looks so much better than the Zelda one, but then again not as many people are into Monster Hunter as they are with Zelda. The MH4U one was something I was hoping so much for, so naturally I jumped on it as soon as I could.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Am I the only one who wholeheartedly prefers the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate one? It looks so much better than the Zelda one, but then again not as many people are into Monster Hunter as they are with Zelda. The MH4U one was something I was hoping so much for, so naturally I jumped on it as soon as I could.

i agree the zelda one isn't that great, but all my other DS's are zelda versions.

My concern with the MH version is that brushed aluminium look. It's probably painted one there, so I'm better it's looks worse in person.

I would f'n love to play MH if it was on PC. I've tried the 3DS version, and it didn't work for me until I got the circle pad pro, which still wasn't enough.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
The Monster hunter 4 version def looks better that the MM version. I do prefer the smaller New3DS for the face plates. I may just wait until i go to Japan and pick up a N3DS from there. This would allow me to use my US 3DS XL for US games, and have access to Japanese games, and the Japanese eshop

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
i agree the zelda one isn't that great, but all my other DS's are zelda versions.

My concern with the MH version is that brushed aluminium look. It's probably painted one there, so I'm better it's looks worse in person.

I dunno, I kinda like the way it looks in this image.

i8x9jqpnbmlg8iajxa4s.jpg

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Preordered the black one at GS last night. Not really a MH fan, so the system by itself is good for me.

I know I'll want one when they come out, and as popular as Nintendo's handhelds can be, I could see these selling out. Or when Xenoblade comes out, either way (both, I mean). And I'll be surprised if there aren't steadily more titles that require the new system to run. So why the hell not.

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Will these new versions do anything for games that aren't optimized for the new console? By that I mean, if I have games now that have some slowdown in them, will getting the new one with the better processor do anything for that? That would be the only reason I might jump on something like this now (plus, as others have said, to take advantage of the higher trade-in value offered on the older consoles right now); otherwise, I can wait until there's actually some games out I want to play that require the updated system.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Will these new versions do anything for games that aren't optimized for the new console? By that I mean, if I have games now that have some slowdown in them, will getting the new one with the better processor do anything for that? That would be the only reason I might jump on something like this now (plus, as others have said, to take advantage of the higher trade-in value offered on the older consoles right now); otherwise, I can wait until there's actually some games out I want to play that require the updated system.

They showed faster access time in the presentation with current 3DS games. I don't think we know about slowdown for sure, but I would assume less slowdown.

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
They showed faster access time in the presentation with current 3DS games. I don't think we know about slowdown for sure, but I would assume less slowdown.

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if there was any evidence out there to support it.

I'll have to put some thought into this: on the one hand, my gaming time is limited, and I don't spend a lot of time with my 3DS currently. But with better resale/trade-in deals on current generation 3DS models, now might be the best time to make the switch if I plan on getting the newer version down the road anyway...

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Glad I didn't rush to get a 3ds. Will definitely get an xl of this one. I don't do much handheld gaming, heck I don't do much gaming at all recently, but I do love me some Nintendo just in general

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So how do we system transfer to the N3DS? I am guessing I can't just ebay my 3DS XL now and somehow magically download all my stuff since there is no real account. So I am going to have to wait till the new system is released, and my console devalues 50%. I play my 3DSXL almost on a daily basis, but I could go without a few weeks if it meant selling my 3DS for more.

Maybe I could just say screw the game I purchased, and sell the thing this week. Could I simply keep my SD card to at least retain my save data. I really don't want to lose my bravely default data.

And what about my regular DS games? Do they save to cart? I don't want to lose my dragon quest V and VIII data.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
What if they wait for people to buy up the 3DS XL and then later on release the new one with collectible limited release custom faceplates!!

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I played on a New 3DS XL for a few minutes at EB Games the other day (they've been available in Australia for a couple of months now) - the improved 3D is definitely a selling point for me.

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member

Just curious, what games are you experiencing a lot of slowdown in?