Nintendo Direct: Super Mario 35th Anniversary Edition

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member

The Game&Watch and SMB 35 online multiplayer look really cool.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
That Mario Kart Live...if it works as it should, looks freaking awesome.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
My problem would be one of space, but yeah, color me intrigued.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That game and watch looks dope. Wish it had more games tho.

3D Allstars sounds great, but, I don't really care to pay Mario 64 again. Sunshine had some very difficult sections that were just annoying. Galaxy without a real pointer is going to be rough.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I’m definitely going to try to get a game and watch but it says limited supply so may be super hard to find. Knowing nintendo and how difficult it is to find a switch at the moment so I’ll bet the game and watch will be a pain in the ass to get.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Looks like the G&W will be sold directly by Nintendo which is great because they limit purchases. Hopefully we should be able to get them easily that way.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
The Game & Watch is pretty cool. Definitely more useable than the insane Game Gear micro.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So much great content! Will be trying to get one of the G&W for sure. Mario Kart Live looks great. My son saw it this morning and goes “OK, I really want that”.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Mario Kart Live does look awesome. I hope they come out with additional characters.

I’m assuming it’s only 2 players but I’d love to play this with 4 players with my kids...though that would cost $400...which is crazy

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Neat that the 3D mario's are in a collection but i find it odd it's being sold for a limited time.After march of 2021 that's it :scratch::loco:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's been many years since I've felt the pull to play any Mario whatsoever, but that Game & Watch thing is pretty tempting.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
How the shit will the water pack in Sunshine work without analog shoulder buttons?

I can imagine the pointer in Galaxy working with motion controls on the Switch Joycons, but analog shoulder buttons are pretty important to the entire control scheme of Sunshine. I know a Gamecube controller would work when the system is docked, but what about portable mode?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I fear what the price point of Mario Kart is gonna be.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I fear what the price point of Mario Kart is gonna be.

Think its $100

I think Home Circuit is cool...but hope that and 8 Deluxe aren’t the only MK games we’re getting on the Switch. We need a true sequel.

I’ve been saying for like a decade, but they need to kill Mario Kart and make it Nintendo Kart. We got a glimpse of that in some of 8s DLC but they need to go all in...like Smash Bros!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Think its $100

I think Home Circuit is cool...but hope that and 8 Deluxe aren’t the only MK games we’re getting on the Switch. We need a true sequel.

I’ve been saying for like a decade, but they need to kill Mario Kart and make it Nintendo Kart. We got a glimpse of that in some of 8s DLC but they need to go all in...like Smash Bros!

I agree. Also waiting for a new Metroid on Switch. What happened to Prime 4? They announced it and had a teaser like two years ago and said Retro Studios stepped in to fix it Now just straight radio silence.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Waiting for a new Zelda, or a new Metroid even, to get a Switch. None of these in the video really got me hyped up at all. I guess I'm finding Mario stuff a little too played out these days. To each their own though.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Waiting for a new Zelda, or a new Metroid even, to get a Switch. None of these in the video really got me hyped up at all. I guess I'm finding Mario stuff a little too played out these days. To each their own though.

New Zelda already? They've announced it, but duration between Zelda's is going to be lengthy given botw. Plus they have re-releases to do.
Metriod they already noted previously. It wasn't living up to expectations, so they scrapped it.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
yeah, but that is Hyrule Warriors. These kind of games are only fun for 30minutes.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
I agree. Also waiting for a new Metroid on Switch. What happened to Prime 4? They announced it and had a teaser like two years ago and said Retro Studios stepped in to fix it Now just straight radio silence.
I think this game is having a rough time in development. Probably won’t come out until the tail end of the switch’s life

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Bummed that Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy are just slightly remastered ports.

A full on Switch remake of Mario 64 would basically print money for Nintendo, especially if they included Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi like the DS version did. They missed out on a golden opportunity.

From what I remember from their video announcement, they basically scrapped the entirety of the original development, and Retro were starting from scratch. Safe bet we won't see it for at least another year or two. I'm placing my bets on next year since that's Metroid's 35th anniversary.

Speaking of remakes, a high def remake of Super Metroid would be a hot seller too. The 3DS remake of Metroid 2 did well enough that I would think they'd at least consider it. Hell, just redo all the 2D ones with HD 3D graphics and tweaked gameplay. I'm sure they'd make a profit with US sales.

Last edited: