Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
For ANYONE that currently has a NES, or ROM carts, or the actual games...or even emulators...AKA game collectors and people who never left the scene...why even bother with all of this horse shit?

It would be cool to have hooked up in the living room, as all of my gaming shit is upstairs in my "office" hooked up to the PVMs and whatnot. I could always buy an AVS instead, though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd just like to have a simple no bullshit little system to hook up to my HDTV to play NES games with my daughter.

I suppose I should probably just use my Pi.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Fat wallets? Even 60 1$ bills isn't that fat. This is impulse buy price point, which is part of the appeal.

Everytime I fix my wallet, it gets smaller. 60 $1 would be like living large. But people don't put that much money in a wallet anyways. Most people have fat wallets because they have too many credit and membership cards.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Everytime I fix my wallet, it gets smaller. 60 $1 would be like living large. But people don't put that much money in a wallet anyways. Most people have fat wallets because they have too many credit and membership cards.

raw.gif

EDIT: This popped up on Kotaku. This faggot says Ninja Gaiden 1 has "imprecise control" and "unfair enemy placement".

I weep for this generation.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I want to come visit Australia, but it's too far. Would be cool to meet Ozzy Man though. You know that guy? "HAVE A LOOK AT THIS CHEEKY FAT RAT WANKER."

Australia is a rad country. But yes, we're at the ass end of the world. NZ is equally cool. Can't say I know who Ozzy Man is, I'll check him out.

I forgot you were on the other side of the world. Frankly, I'm surprised it's not more since you guys get assraped on electronics most of the time.

All g. Yes, for some reason our GST taxes take things to exhorbitant levels and then everyone (retailers) just add on what they think it's worth.
The gaming scene down here is a complete joke too. theMot will back this; the amount of noobs who'd happily rip the guts out of an original cab to throw a MAME box in there or a xxx-in-1 cart is sickening... I digress though.

:lolz:

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Jesus Christ what a stupid article. I'm sorry this dipshit doesn't know how to play GnG, but he should know better than to write an article announcing his stupidity. Nana and Popo deserve better, indeed.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I made a reservation at my local toystore. Found out they only got three in their shipment....I am number four on the list. Fml :oh_no:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Australia is a rad country. But yes, we're at the ass end of the world. NZ is equally cool. Can't say I know who Ozzy Man is, I'll check him out.

All g. Yes, for some reason our GST taxes take things to exhorbitant levels and then everyone (retailers) just add on what they think it's worth.
The gaming scene down here is a complete joke too. theMot will back this; the amount of noobs who'd happily rip the guts out of an original cab to throw a MAME box in there or a xxx-in-1 cart is sickening... I digress though.

:lolz:

Wow so do even big chain stores ignore the msrp? You only see that at trashy mom and pop stores here.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Got my shipping confirmation...can't wait to rub my balls all over it.

So they gonna make controller extensions for this thing or what?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wow so do even big chain stores ignore the msrp? You only see that at trashy mom and pop stores here.

Some can/do, but that's not the reason. It's due to a number of issues surrounding Geo Blocking (they charge because they can, based on our geographical location) our declining dollar and our cost of living index.

That's why we're the biggest pirates in the world. If we don't have to pay for it, we won't - which backs up the whole love for MAME crew claim, down here.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
In the U.S. these are selling for like $130 shipped on eBay...I mean at that price what is the point of even flipping? After eBay fees, paypal fees and shipping costs they walk away with what, like $25? Why even go through that hassle for $25?

Them losers should spend that time trying to get a real job.

I've been saying this about the stupid people on CAG for years that jump through hoops for a few bucks in Gamestop credit.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
In the U.S. these are selling for like $130 shipped on eBay...I mean at that price what is the point of even flipping? After eBay fees, paypal fees and shipping costs they walk away with what, like $25? Why even go through that hassle for $25?

Them losers should spend that time trying to get a real job.

This. My friend and her child got bowled over by some junkie scum rushing in to grab a console yesterday morning. I would not be surprised if it's already on eBay or at the local pawn shop. And for what? $50 profit?!

When I was waiting yesterday, a woman who was clearly not buying one for her child for Xmas asked me if I was queuing, otherwise could I grab an extra "for her friend interstate" who could not make it to a launch store. Piss off, flipper.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Drove to Target an hour before it opened and there were more people standing outside than Brickseek said the store had stock for. Just got back in my car and drove back home. Will take my chances on Amazon later today.

Kyle

Kabuki Klasher
Stood in line at Target this morning. They received 2 fucking consoles and the first person in line got them both. Stay home.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Drove to Walmart, Saw a line, so knew I'd be SOL.
At 6 am they begin the sale, and the people in line run to the electronics, the youngster were the fastest so they scored. They sold a total of 10, many of the people that were first in line didn't get a system, cause no numbers were handed out.
They were pissed. I didnt think I'd get one so walked towards electronics, before I reached it, people were already leaving. Most were winded LOL

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
My store got six, though we had people waiting hours before I even got to work for it. I got the last box, as is the shipping box they came in lol...

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I gave this a try at Target, and found that somehow both my local stores opened one hour earlier than normal. Both sold out after having received ~30 units each. One of the two was accommodating enough to hand out tickets you did not even need to stand in line for. Get a ticket, leave, and come back whenever. The kicker, as I write this, I see a new email popping into my inbox from Fry's canceling my in-store pickup. And that's all the try I'm giving it.