NGX Controller $36.99 with free shipping from best buy

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
They haven't buy they said that with the new games an updated will be available, btw that's a good price thanks for the link.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I wouldn't buy it if it came with a $50 rebate.

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
I wouldn't buy it if it came with a $50 rebate.

Cool Story.

I might pick up another since I have one apart right now messing with other parts from FA. Can't hurt to have a 3rd incase I kill this one lol.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Cool Story.

Glad you like it. I have more but I'm waiting for the announcement that NeoX game cards will be packed inside every Kinder Surprise egg (in Canada anyways). We don't care about little kids choking over here.

2353198.bin

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I take it that it's not as good a stick as the old one? that's a good price if it was :-O

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
These are just USB right? As in, I can grab a couple of these on the cheap and have decent enough arcade sticks for my gaming rig?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
These are just USB right? As in, I can grab a couple of these on the cheap and have decent enough arcade sticks for my gaming rig?

Yes, and yes. You might want to consider getting some tune up parts, as rumbl3 has done if you don't think they're quite up to what you're looking for, though! I've heard pretty wildly inconsistent reports of stick quality. Myself, I've got 3, they feel just fine. Not as good as my AES stick, granted. But I use them in the NGX, and on my PS3 to play KOF 13, and they get the job done just fine. I actually prefer the feel of that stick for that game than the other stick I've got. But that's just my experience!

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
Yes, and yes. You might want to consider getting some tune up parts, as rumbl3 has done if you don't think they're quite up to what you're looking for, though! I've heard pretty wildly inconsistent reports of stick quality. Myself, I've got 3, they feel just fine. Not as good as my AES stick, granted. But I use them in the NGX, and on my PS3 to play KOF 13, and they get the job done just fine. I actually prefer the feel of that stick for that game than the other stick I've got. But that's just my experience!

Well I tried a LS-32 spring and its to wide and to long. So I'm pretty new to modding sticks. Any suggestions on what spring to order next? If anyone happens to know.

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Saweeeeeeeeeet! I've been trying to find decent price and quality sticks for the desktop for a while now. Been holding off on the NGx sticks till more folks have had the chance to play with them for some time. The time has come.

Quantity : 2
Checkout : NOW!

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Well I tried a LS-32 spring and its to wide and to long. So I'm pretty new to modding sticks. Any suggestions on what spring to order next? If anyone happens to know.

I wish I had an answer for you, I've never taken one apart! I only know it happens with frequent regularity. This is something that someone much more versed in modding and assembly like Xian would know more about, but I'm just as curious! I've been debating putting different buttons in, or at least familiarizing myself with what needs to be done, should I wear em out. I think all I might need is springs, but I'm kinda ignorant of the whole thing.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NEOGEO+X+-+Arcade+Stick/7704073.p;jsessionid=8FD733F2CEA861FE0D2EEC459C4B67B6.bbolsp-app04-116?id=1218858585324&skuId=7704073&st=neogeo%20x&cp=1&lp=2

Just as the title states. Man, the prices for this just keep getting lower and lower. Did they ever release any new firmware updates as they promised?

Thanks for sharing. It's actually dropped to $31.99 + free shipping.
I bought all of the Neo-Geo Station games on the PS3 and think these make excellent sticks for use with it.

I was put under a trance by your sig, but was able to break away to order the stick. :P

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,

I was put under a trance by your sig, but was able to break away to order the stick. :P

ROFL same here had to pick my tongue up and then I look over and wife was giving me evil eye it was worth it tho.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've already got two sticks, I'm seriously tempted to buy a few more to hold on to for future use at that price. If rumbl3 figures out the spring thing, it is ON.

Not that I need a bunch of NGX sticks, but since they work with the PS3, PC, and hopefully future things with USB devices, I can see myself needing these for some time to come.

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Has anyone tried jamming some Sanwa buttons into these sticks? Or are peeps just trying to replace springs in the existing?

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
Has anyone tried jamming some Sanwa buttons into these sticks? Or are peeps just trying to replace springs in the existing?

I picked up some 24mm sanwa buttons to put in but I have to wait till I can get to my buddies house to have them wired solder etc. Figured might as well get cherry switches while im at it and just get it all done. But I've been trying to figure out the spring thing first so I can just do both joysticks all in one go. I think im going to order the other springs off focus attack including the sanwa one and see if anyof them will work. Then if that does not work hell guess I'll have to find a place that sells tons of springs and just take the stick with meand see what I can find.

I've looked around online only sites I come up with for springs are sites that sell i think mass amounts and want you to send in specs for a spring. I just want a dam spring lol that is not some cheapo piece of shit like the on in the remotes currently.I was thinking about just ordering a whole stick for 20 bucks from focus and see if i can just take the board off the bottom of that and put the whole stick in with spring and all.

But I'm trying not to go over board ordering all kinds of stuff lol. The spring I had ordered problem was the spring was to wide and it went right over the Actuator. So I'm going to try a different spring and also order a over sized Actuator from paradise arcade and see if that will work. Guess if none of this keeps working out I'll just have a lot of arcade joystick parts maybe put something together out of that.

The joysticks drive me crazy playing fighting games, so I have to figure out how to make them better. That extra click or whatever it is in them makes me insane just along with the crap quality of the controller over all. I was hopeing the sawna buttons would fit right in even taking them apart but the way things look distance from the board inside for the buttons to the top looks like you would have to wire them in or maybe add some sort of washers under the board to raise it up so the buttons would work. Because the shaft in the middle of them is like 1/4th the length of the regular buttons. I hit a point when i was about to order stuff and try making a completely custom stick just using the boards and usb stuff of course with a custom built box. But i really want to keep the Neo Geo case etc.

BTW lol wife is going insane when I get into stuff like this I get really bad where I pace the house thinking about it and thinking about it trying to figure it out in my head.

Last edited:

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Thanks! Grabbed 2, since these things work on PS3 & PC as well.

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I hit a point when i was about to order stuff and try making a completely custom stick just using the boards and usb stuff of course with a custom built box.

I think I am going this route.... That stupid double click joystick gets on my nerves! And the squeaky cheap plastic buttons make me want to shoot myself.... I think when I create the custom stick I'm going to wire up an external female DB 15 port so I can use it with a real AVS as well as the X

Last edited:

master_d

n00b
Ugh.. shoulda waited. I paid $45 for one of the big steamers at wal-mart a couple weeks back

XtraSmiley

New Challenger
Man, $33 shipped seemed to good to pass up, now I have two stick and my life is complete. I wish I would have waited on the system though, $130 is a lot better than $200...

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
My second stick ended up only costing me $21.99 plus tax and free shipping. Also, got me 2 Neo Geo X Golds for $200 plus tax and free shipping ($100 each). Got both deals cause 2 different people at Best Buy on 2 different occaisions fucked up when they were trying to help me with a price match (on stick) and damaged box in shipping (Neo Geo X Gold). Damn I'm one lucky motherfucker. I always end up getting sweet ass deals.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Man, $33 shipped seemed to good to pass up, now I have two stick and my life is complete. I wish I would have waited on the system though, $130 is a lot better than $200...
E X A C T L Y ... im in that boat with ya

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Why yes, I will buy this dirt cheap arcade stick, thank you.