NGPC Backlight Kit in the works!

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I can here to post this video too. blah, i'm late. ...now to order the new kit and grab one of those smokey transparent black shells.

I ordered one of those black shells today. I actually really like my current shell, and I couldn't bring myself to modify it. So I'm putting my system into a new shell, until if/when a kit is made that doesn't require case cutting.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
They are also supposed to get replacement shells for the "Slims" in April

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Finally these are available. I wish I could have had these made back in the day but everything was so limited. So these don’t fit the Slims, correct?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
So these don’t fit the Slims, correct?

Correct, but the slim version will probably be out any day now. There are also full replacement cases/housing coming in April.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Have both a transparent black shell and the new screen sitting on my desk. Can't wait to get this assembled. Hopefully tomorrow.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I finally got around to doing mine. I ended up not soldering the extra wires since I got the screen centered well. This blows the old screen out of the water IMHO.

0370ac0b0b201339a973b526b543f154.jpg

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I finally got around to doing mine. I ended up not soldering the extra wires since I got the screen centered well. This blows the old screen out of the water IMHO.

0370ac0b0b201339a973b526b543f154.jpg

Love that shell too! Bah! I wish I had an OG model...all I have is Slims - I can't wait for the Slim version of this kit!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Correct, but the slim version will probably be out any day now. There are also full replacement cases/housing coming in April.
Good to hear, I've got an old poorly modded slim that could use some love.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
This mod for the NGPC is bloody amazing. Bought a NOS CFC Capcom version off of eBay, going to be playing that heavily in the next few days.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
This mod for the NGPC is bloody amazing. Bought a NOS CFC Capcom version off of eBay, going to be playing that heavily in the next few days.
Card Fighters is some solid fun. How much did the NOS copy set you back?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Forgot to mention that when I opened my NGPC, it was missing three screws from the factory. Two on the PCB and one on the RF shielding. Great QA, SNK.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
One thing to note: it seems that a lot of people are having issues with that mod where they think there is something wrong with the ngpc after modding: when you turn it on, you will hear the audio but you won't get picture.

That's because the batteries are just weak. Replace them.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
This happened to me as well. Can confirm swapping batteries or using AC adapter works as a fix. I also got a flashing LED, which meant I needed a new coin cell. Swapped a new one in and fixed that.

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
One thing to note: it seems that a lot of people are having issues with that mod where they think there is something wrong with the ngpc after modding: when you turn it on, you will hear the audio but you won't get picture.

That's because the batteries are just weak. Replace them.
thanks for that. I thought maybe I just didn't install the ribbon cable all the way and it was randomly just not showing picture when I turned it on. lol

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Anybody know of a good ac adaptor? The official SNK one doesn't have enough juice to power the NGPC with the new screen mod.

System turns on, but there's no picture. Needs more power Captain!