NGP/NGPC Sales and Auction Thread.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I did watch that video and think that the game looked uncontrollable. I guess it was just the player, then.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Cool Boarders is actually quite playable on the real hardware and it's ok fun for a while. Still, I would maybe spend $15 on a real cart max.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Definitely the player. He was almost certainly playing on his keyboard. The game is fast-paced but controls pretty well with the NGPC thumbstick. Control isn't the issue. I'd say there just isn't enough variety (especially to command the current going rate). While there are tons of stages (nearly 100 IIRC), they all tend to blend together. Once you've played a few, it seems like you've played them all. And once you've played them all, there's little reason to continue.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Wow, Euro cart prices are really getting ridiculous...they were always more expensive than Jap releases, but Cool Boarders was never in the league of Pocket Reversi.

Luckily I'm all for jap titles...although they're getting expensive as hell too.

turq

Quiz Detective
Definitely the player. He was almost certainly playing on his keyboard. The game is fast-paced but controls pretty well with the NGPC thumbstick. Control isn't the issue. I'd say there just isn't enough variety (especially to command the current going rate). While there are tons of stages (nearly 100 IIRC), they all tend to blend together. Once you've played a few, it seems like you've played them all. And once you've played them all, there's little reason to continue.

That is a very accurate assessment.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I hate that games sell for so much. I really only like playing games on the hardware it was designed for. So if I hear about a rare game that's good I always know it's going to be hard to get for a reasonable price. I wish I could go back in time and start my serious collecting 10 years ago...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I got this game, it's pretty cool, def not 300 USD cool but I think it's one of those true arcade titles that you can pick and go any time. The real hardware makes all the difference, you're supposed to 360 the stick while in the air to hover longer and make the longer jumps. I played the shit out of it, I love it, however if anyone wants to trade for 2x Card Fighters 2, I'm all for it!

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!

That makes sense.

This is why I tend to avoid ROM plays, but couldn't source anything else for that game. May try it on a rombox now, just to see what I can do with it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
CIB or loose?
Complete in snap case minty beyond description. Give me 2x Card Fighters 2 Expand Edition and it's all yours. Hell, I'll even trade it for 2 flash card set ups.

I was one of those guys that loved the NGPC from the get go and I managed to get some of the snap case UK games back in the day. I also have Faselei and Evolution complete in snap case.

I got me 2 of a lot of titles 'cause of the link cable. I even got 2 Megamans.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. But I only go after loose carts, someone else will be happier than me about a complete copy... even if you one day decide to sell it on ebay. Nice collection of rare/sought after carts... 2 rockmans? Woha.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I was so into card fighters 2, I beat the rom with a translation guide before they made the english patch, I used to know all the cards by heart and i unlocked everything 100%, that game was just awesome. I still play the rom from time to time but it would be cool to play the real thing. The falsh card is cool too but other than card fighters 2 and magical drop i got everything else i could possibly wanna play on this.

I remember when ebay had packages of loose carts after the ngpc fever died down and they used to sell cheap. Faselei and Last Blade were inckuded all us releases that never made it to retail stores, no boxes just carts. I cant believe how crazy the ngpc prices have gone.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Picture Puzzle makes £236.99 on ebay UK!!!

I've had this one on watch but didn't want to give your guys the heads-up as people have been claiming that doing so amounts to some kind of attempt by me to push the price up.

So, here's Picture Puzzle making £236.99!
A genuinely rare game, in seemingly excellent condition.
But not exactly one of the great titles!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141591519662?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

From now on I really think we can be sure that my pointing out interesting auctions to watch isn't making a blind bit of difference to the end price.

If Picture Puzzle can make this much, then the ball really is in the air!

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
Yeah that's mine and yes it's pretty much as mint as can be.

Really shocked that someone payed that much for it.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Hi Robert,

Well, if these are yours then I think it's safe to say that they've had "one careful owner" lol!
I'm sure your condition descriptions are 100% accurate.

As for the prices?
Cotton is uncommon and is one of the best games on the system.
PP is genuinely rare!

It shows what we've been saying, that the magical target of 39 is so tempting that the buyers will pay a premium for the genuinely rare titles when they are within sight of the finishing line.

Ones to watch next?
Dynamite Sluggaer and magical drop!

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Cotton went for £140 ish which is a bit high too ?

Perhaps. I just picked up a copy of Cotton (UK clamshell) on these forums for $150 US. That's the first time I had seen a copy in the States for sale in a long time, so I jumped on it.

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
oh yes very careful. The only game I have that's a bit rough is faselei having a rough manual. And it came that way, brand new from the shop

Yes magical drop might get silly, it's a good game though. Dynamite Slugger too. Of all the rare ones i think faselei is the only essential one although I guess last blade is rare now too?

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Perhaps. I just picked up a copy of Cotton (UK clamshell) on these forums for $150 US. That's the first time I had seen a copy in the States for sale in a long time, so I jumped on it.

You got a great game!
It's a lot of cash for a handheld game, but it's one of my fav's on the NGPC and it's not easy to get a complete UK copy without paying!

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
oh yes very careful. The only game I have that's a bit rough is faselei having a rough manual. And it came that way, brand new from the shop

Yes magical drop might get silly, it's a good game though. Dynamite Slugger too. Of all the rare ones i think faselei is the only essential one although I guess last blade is rare now too?

I really don't know what's happening with magical drop. It sold in reasonable numbers and was available for a long time before the recall.
Dynamite on the other hand, genuinely rare and still a bit hit and miss on the price sometimes.
Logically, DS should be as expensive as PP?
Whereas MD wasn't a flop like say Shanghai or Dive-Becky, so it should be relatively easy to get?
But it doesn't seem to be that way.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
You got a great game!
It's a lot of cash for a handheld game, but it's one of my fav's on the NGPC and it's not easy to get a complete UK copy without paying!

You're right about all of that. Easily the most I've ever spent on a handheld game, but it's great fun so far.

I really don't know what's happening with magical drop. It sold in reasonable numbers and was available for a long time before the recall.

I'm stumped on that one, too, but I'm really glad I picked up a UK copy years ago when it still went for like $40.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
You're right about all of that. Easily the most I've ever spent on a handheld game, but it's great fun so far.

I'm stumped on that one, too, but I'm really glad I picked up a UK copy years ago when it still went for like $40.

Wow! Robert's Magical Drop just sold for £102.00
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-SNK-...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item20f792613e

But the freaking pirate multicarts made £236 each!!!
Holy cow!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEGA-RARE...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item20f791f160

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MEGA-RARE...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item20f791f8e6

BUT!
Dive alert Matt, which is far more common than Becky..... Made £91.00!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-SNK-...ideo_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item20f7922f02

Prices seem to definitely be going only one way!

Congratulations to Robert! A good time to sell some sought after games in collectors condition :)

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
it's a bit crazy isn't it? Honestly I've never seen those multi carts anywhere else so I think they are very rare and if you really want everything NGPC then you're going to want unofficial releases too.

Very surprised at Dive Alert too.

That's almost all of my NGPC stuff gone. I've still got a couple interesting items but it's all been packed away not doing me any good and I don't really have the motivation nowadays to complete the collection