NG:Dev team wooden MVS carts.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Also available soon...

penis-ashtrays-from-suar-wood.jpg

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Back in June of 2011, at the 7:00 marker, Dion mentions new cart boxes/cases being made, new wooden controllers, and also new cartridge designs made of glass or wood. Wooden controllers arrived late in 2012. Wooden cartridge designs finally arrive summer 2013. People and fans still follow the NGF lead of suggestion.

Mr. Dakis accurately predicts future trends. It's obvious he knows what's going on and is consulted upon for advice on projects.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I just don't understand why anyone would want a wooden cart shell. Console, maybe, but cartridge shell?

Plus the expense. I am sure in bulk the plastic cases can be made easily and inexpensively, where as these wooden shells have to be pricey and time consuming to have built.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
I just don't understand why anyone would want a wooden cart shell. Console, maybe, but cartridge shell?

Plus the expense. I am sure in bulk the plastic cases can be made easily and inexpensively, where as these wooden shells have to be pricey and time consuming to have built.

It's for the gamer who has everything. Plus I don't think Analogue Interactive expects customers to replace all of their shells (perhaps contrary to the Omega shell project) but to order them for special games or to have a few for the gams which are regulary palyed on a wooden CMVS. Something along those lines…

All of that doesn't change the fact that they look really good. Or that one doesn't have to buy them.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I ordered an XYX as well, and I like the wood shell. It's nice for the LE product. Hey, everyone that would rather have an Omega shell, those will be available. Why not just get one of those as well. With this sites propensity to worry about insertion marks you can just swap the original for an Omega and not worry about it. This site really bitches about the strangest things.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Why is it that any post by Broken is never office appropriate. lol.

Anyway, they honestly look awful. The shells aren't bad, but with the stickers, it looks like something you find a shop-meet.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Plus, it's a safety issue for me. When I play, I bring the heat yo.

Yea, that's this is how you make a Neo Geo Fire pit.

Hahaha :)

Don't worry about heat issues guys. We've thoroughly tested these and there is no way there will be any heat issues. Just like the Analogue CMVSes, we've never had a single problem with heat in over two years now.

In regards to price: don't worry, the price will be just right ;)

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Hahaha :)

Don't worry about heat issues guys. We've thoroughly tested these and there is no way there will be any heat issues. Just like the Analogue CMVSes, we've never had a single problem with heat in over two years now.

In regards to price: don't worry, the price will be just right ;)

I like them. :buttrock:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Atleast you wont have to worry about insertion marks, just woodworm.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Mr. Dakis accurately predicts future trends. It's obvious he knows what's going on and is consulted upon for advice on projects.

You're under the desk giving "Mr. Dakis" the chrisr special during that whole interview aren't you? I'm guessing you like the wood.

Last edited:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
So it´s confirmed then that ngdevteam gets their wooden carts from Analogue Interactive?

When will these be available and how much will a walnut Gunlord MVS cost?

Last edited:

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Why is it that any post by Broken is never office appropriate. lol.

Anyway, they honestly look awful. The shells aren't bad, but with the stickers, it looks like something you find a shop-meet.

I also think they look horrible. I have zero interest in them. And yes, the stickers will look even sillier. The cool thing to do would be to have the games name etched (carved) into the cart, rather then slap a sticker on it.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
i kinda like them. for limited edition carts i have no problem with them. i dont know what everyones bitchin about. id like 1 or 2 but my whole collection i dont think so. but it makes the rare ones cool lookin in my opinion

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
What about instead of a label, which in my opinion looks silly especially since its a LE thing, get the wood laser engraved to give it that LE look?

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
IMO these cart "modifications" are like buying a Ferrari and tuning the bumpers. Both omega and this. With all the respect for their respective creators and time involved.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Until you put 'em in the wrong configuration and turned on the juice.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
It was only a Ninja Masters cart ;)

I almost did put them in wrong and had to go double check it was alright.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Until you put 'em in the wrong configuration and turned on the juice.

Won't do nothing to MVS and AES carts. SNK thought about that. +5v is in the middle of the board and outsides are grounds so if you install it wrong it just won't boot. But at least you don't damage the boards.