NG:Dev team wooden MVS carts.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
BHvNUwhCUAAxpNW.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/ngdevteam

So I guess that confirms reprints for their MVS games too then?
Or is it just wooden shells and no more actual game pcbs?

edit: was this already discussed? Should this be merged to one of the ngdev team game threads or does this deserve its own thread? I have no idea but it was news to me so...

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Gotta say, I think I like shadow's version of the replacement shells far better. I saw these on their facebook page and was pretty meh on the whole thing.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I just hope their homecart shells aren't wooden.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
They are pretty, but having no side label seems like a missed opportunity to me. I gotta give a nod to Shadowkn's design as well.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Gotta say, I think I like shadow's version of the replacement shells far better. I saw these on their facebook page and was pretty meh on the whole thing.

I agree. Not a fan of these.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
While these do indeed look very nice not having the side art is kinda meh for me also. Think I will just wait for Shadow's as well. I am kind of curious as to how much these will cost though.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
It's not so much the missing side art, as these are MVS cases. It just seems like an attempt to bring Big Tyming to the MVS. Shadow's cases seem like an improvement to the original design. These just seem unnecessarily lavish, given that the MVS is supposedly the "low rent" section of the Neo scene.

Chris

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
It looks ok in black but defo dont like the other plain one but if I was to get one I would prefer plastic.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I think they look great, especially in ash but seeing as everything else we already have is plastic i think it would be better to stick with that.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Why? Popping on the bandwagon? I'm still a 90% fan of Shadow's carts.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
There better be a Fast Striker reprint back there somewhere.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm pretty sure the Omega vs AI shells is gonna come down to $15 vs $30, per.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Personally, I think the clear MVS carts look best against the wood. Wood on wood just doesn't work for me *ahem*...

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Personally, I think the clear MVS carts look best against the wood. Wood on wood just doesn't work for me *ahem*...

Exactly. Considering the majority of CMVSs out there aren't of the AI variety and some these carts are going to be in cabs basically unseen, I'm not a fan. As others have said, the new Omega case + a label would be a much more appealing option to buyers as a whole. I'd probably pay a few bux more to NOT have a wood case.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Plus, it's a safety issue for me. When I play, I bring the heat yo.