NG:Dev Team - Latest MVS Status Updates?

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
They are mailing them individually to be able to track everything. Apparently there were problems in the past. Also did you order them all at once? Normally they ship them in same order as they were bought. At least Fast Striker and Gunlord should be on their way.

Yes I ordered them all at the same time, I emailed NG Dev and her was there response:

Hi,

in some countries (USA) we ship each separate. It may sound strange but it's more efficient and cheaper for us to do so.

We are working on a new update for NEO XYX MVS. We got an email with a request to change the way diagonal movements work.

- Timm
--
NG:DEV.TEAM
c/o Timm Hellwig (Owner-Manager/Eigentümer)
Gerberstrasse 16, 30169 Hannover, Germany

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I must admit in the past I had ideas to write a game that was a sort of cross between robotron and gauntlet. gauntlet type maps but robotron shooting system game play. IE one stick for movement, the other you move in the direction you want to fire. It would basically be a shooter but based in a map with fast gameplay.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
My Gunlord MVS reprint has arrived looking quite dashing in it's wooden shell!

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Again I think they just want to make certain genres. You can't make a good fighter if your heart isn't in it. Graphics, art, character design, and AI for a fighting game require particular skills and it would be tough to make a good one. One of NGDevTeam is a huge Cave fan isn't he? so I guess schmups are order of the day for now. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Commando/Shock Troopers style game next. Something along those lines.

I'd rather see NG DEV TEAM focus what they are good at, SHMUP, the 2-3 man operation has limited resources. Ideally they could get other developers to make games of other genres and publish them (more like RedSpotGames publishing Sturmwind for Duranik).

After LHPB it looks like there will be a huge demand for AES cart shells and snap-lock cases, perhaps worthwhile for DG to make another huge production run.

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
+1 on a gauntlet style game.

Well....Fast Striker showed today :)

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
Last Hope and Gunlord showed today!! :D Here they are together!!!!! The NGDev games seem a little particular loaded/mixed with other Neo games so I just decided to keep them on the same board for now. Looking forward to future releases!!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Last Hope and Gunlord showed today!! :D Here they are together!!!!! The NGDev games seem a little particular loaded/mixed with other Neo games so I just decided to keep them on the same board for now. Looking forward to future releases!!

Noice!

DeusVult

Another Striker
would be good to maybe see a smash tv style game, used to love that game on the snes controls where great, would only really work using the 2 on 2 button setup

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Hopefully with the extra reprints now being available they'll email out the 1.2 update for Neo XYX for current owners.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Order placed for the remaining titles I don't have. Full poodle pt.2 coming soon.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
oh man... if only i could justify about $1700-1800AUD for these i'd pick them up :( think i'll have to stick with the poor man DC versions

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
from their twitter:
@ngdevteam Aw man, did Fast Striker MVS just sell out again?

NGDEVTEAM ‏@ngdevteam 22h

@Uberarcade Yeah, on the same day :) It will return with the next GIGASHOCK game later this year though.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Hopefully we'll get another chance at a new round of reprints when their new game comes out

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's funny how the mvs kits are all sold out before the Neo XYX homecarts do.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
*Weeping silently in corner completely MVS Xyx destitute*

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
It's funny how the mvs kits are all sold out before the Neo XYX homecarts do.

Were they the same price (499 Euro)? I wanted the homecart, so was relieved to see it still there last night, but am curious what the MVS price was, I probably would have grabbed both had it been in stock.